First sight

Delightful Diversion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“please hold the elevator!”  the boy said in English

The girl, reacting to the voice, quickly pushed the open button to let the boy in.

“thank you” he said as he entered.  

The girl was struck at how handsome his elevator companion is. He had a small face with big round eyes. His hair was a curly mess of brown that you just want to touch it and see if it would bounce. He was even wearing fashionable clothing to complement his looks. She wondered if he was a model.

“welcome”  

Neither of them talked afterwards. Due to the silence, she became more aware of the intimacy of being in an elevator alone with a man; especially with the elevator having glass panels so you could see the whole city of Paris and the stars just shining above it. It’s really pretty though, she thought. After a while, she became enamored by the beauty of the city.

Casting glances at the girl, she had pale skin and a long black hair that seems to cascade up to her lower back. Her cheeks looked puffy that you just want to keep on pinching it. The boy thought that she was pretty in a typical Korean standard. However, the longer he looked at her he saw how beautiful her eyes were. Those beautiful set of dark brown eyes that seemed to glisten as brightly as the lights that she is looking at. It was obvious to him that she was charmed by the city; she does not even notice him anymore.

*12th floor

*13th floor

*14th floor

*15th floor

BANG! The lights suddenly turned off

“aagh” “what the?”

“there must be something wrong with this elevator”

*the lights again

The guy started pushing the emergency button but to no avail. There was no response from the operator

“I guess we are stuck here.” The guy said “yeah, I guess we are” the girl replied

“are you Korean?” He asked “I figured you are one too” the girl just nodded

“so what brings you here? Is this your first time in Paris?”

“yes, it is. My dad is having a business convention here so I decided to come as well” More importantly, I would hate to leave my dad alone considering his condition.

“oh, I see”  guess she is a rich man’s daughter then. Well of course she is considering that she is also staying in this hotel.

The lights turned off again

“oh bae suzy”

“what?”

“ah. Haha, I just.. um… Use her name when I’m startled. She is a goddess, you know, so its not necessarily wrong to use her name”

Oh kill me, what the heck am I blabbing about! I am such an embarrassment to the female community.

“HAHAHA! You are a funny girl!”

The boy notices that she looks nervous. He does not even know why but he had the urge to just make her comfortable. He wanted to get close to her.

“hey, come here. You can sit beside me. This way you can look at the city”

“oh. Uh. It’s okay, I’d rather sit here” she sits across the boy and is leaning on the glass panel

“that hurts, you’d rather look at the dark than sit beside me.”

“there is still some light though, it’s not that dark”

“So, I guess you’d rather look at me than the sights below huh? I do admit I am quite charming” he smirked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter