Plot twist

XOXO | KaiSoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unedited!

The moment Jongin was done with the book, he closed it harshly and slowly breathed in and out to control himself. The book did indeed have a plot twist, and it messed up with his feelings like it happened in real life. He loved the book, and the end was heartbreaking; he was sure if he was at home in his room, he’d already be crying, but when he was out in public, especially with Kyungsoo beside him, he tried his best to hold it in.

After finally calming himself down, he felt a light touch in his arm as the smaller one tried to get his attention. He held up his touchpad he had written on.

‘Is everything okay?’

Jongin nodded. “Yeah, it’s fine. Amazing book,” he said. It wasn’t a lie, but he tried his best to not give it away he was too broken from the ending. Kyungsoo changed his sentence.

‘Bad ending?’

Jongin looked up at him in the eyes. “No spoilers,” he whispered as he smiled, causing the other to smile as well, “just read. I’ll get the other book I was reading as well in a minute, and I’ll be back.”

Kyungsoo nodded and turned his attention back on his book whilst Jongin went to get his other book he was currently reading. When he got back to his spot again, Kyungsoo had seen what kind of book Jongin had gotten, and he started writing down on his touchpad again.

‘You’re really learning sign language?’

Jongin nodded. “I’m curious to how hard it can be learning it,” he said, smiling proudly. Kyungsoo seemed to still be confused for why Jongin was learning it.

‘Why are you learning it? Have you tried learning before or did you just start?’

Jongin’s smirk grew. “I’ll tell you when I’ve mastered it in sign language,” he winked at him.

Kyungsoo went back to reading the book, whilst Jongin sat with his legs crossed on the sofa, concentrating hard on learning the language and practicing the movements with his hands.

When the mute male asked him why he wanted to learn it, he was unsure how he could reply. He wasn’t really too sure himself, but he knew the other was the reason for it. But how could he possibly tell him that it was him who gave him motivation to learn it? Sure, it’s an advantage to know sign language some time in the future, but it’s not something someone like him have to learn. He just wanted to learn. He wanted to converse better with Kyungsoo, and not have those silent moments where he talks, and waits for him to write down what he wanted to say. Wouldn’t it flow better if they could just converse in a language they could both communicate with?

That was something he definitely didn’t want to tell him, at least not yet.

 

In the middle of reading and practicing, another figure approached them with a big grin on his face. “Oh, hello boys,” he smirked as he stood over them.

Jongin sighed but nodded slightly, and Kyungsoo bowed with his back, still sitting, and smiling up to him.

“Weird seeing you here Jongin,” Sehun smirked at him.

“Could’ve said the same to you too,” Jongin replied nonchalantly, but Sehun didn't react.

“What are you reading?” he asked as he was about to look at Jongin’s book, but he quickly hid it with his hands, glaring up at his friend. Sehun took the hint whilst rolling his eyes, and leaned towards Kyungsoo instead. “What are you reading Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo showed him his book with a big happy grin on his face.

“Wow, the new romance book? Is it good?” Kyungsoo nodded. “Do you like it?” He nodded again. “Do-”

“Sehun, sit down and shut up or leave,” Jongin finally snapped at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter