Chapter 5- Sneaking out

Sandglass (Hiatus // I'll be back, I promise!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

He was a friend. That’s what Mina thinks he is to her. For a few weeks now, they’ve been talking non-stop, always texting and talking on the phone on their spare time. Not that they have a lot of those but they’ve pretty much moved from being awkward strangers to ‘just friends’.

All the girls now know that they contact each other. After Momo was eagerly recounting the whole stalking incident to Sana one evening, laughing their butts off, without noticing Jihyo in the room. With their leader shocked, she called for an emergency meeting in the dorm. What she thought was gonna be lets-roast-mina-event turned out to be a fun bonding experience, when most, if not all of them, confessed to being in a situation where a fellow idol or sunbae approached them for their number. They laughed, gossiped and stuffed themselves with food for the rest of the night.

As each and one of them were getting ready to stand up and go to bed, Jihyo spoke in a more serious tone. “I think it’s normal that a lot of people would want to get to know us. But I think it’s best to not get too personal with them, especially boys. We can’t afford unnecessary emotions this early in our careers. Love can wait. This, what we have right now, it’s what we’ve worked so hard for, and it can be taken away at any moment.” All eyes were on their leader as she spoke the words they already know.

Mina laid on her bed, wide awake, in deep thought about what she should do when her phone vibrated signaling that she received a message.

S: Still awake?

She sighed. Just about when she was supposed to be putting a wall between them.

M: Yes.

S: Can you sneak out?

“Eehh?” She sat right up, putting a hand on to stop the noise. Looking at the other girls who were already sleeping, she quietly tipped toed her way out of the room.

M: Why???

 S: You can’t? L It’ll just be 5 mins.

They have not seen each other since they went to Apgujeong and she doesn’t know if she’s ready to face him again. Then again, there was some part of her that wanted to see him. ‘A very small part.’ She thought as she considered the idea of sneaking out.

M: Okay, just a few minutes would be fine.

The reply was immediate.

S: Asa! Text me your address and I’ll meet you a block or two away.

After she sent him their address, Mina walked towards the restroom. She stared at her reflection for a while. Touching her freshly washed bare face, she contemplates if she should put on some make up on. She usually doesn’t care and it would look weird anyway, having a full face on when she was just about to sleep. She settled on a lip tint.

A few minutes later, she received the text from Sehun. She moves stealthily around the dorm and towards the door to not wake her members. When she finally reached their garage, she was greeted with the cold breeze. It was not spring yet, but it was near as she felt the chill through her clothes.

Mina was walking toward the street he said he parked at when he saw a black suv with heavily tinted windows. The headlights flickered signaling that it was him. When she reached the passenger side, the door suddenly opened from the inside and she was greeted with Sehun’s smiling face.

“Just a few minutes, okay.” She softly reminded him as she settled into the passenger seat, to which Sehun pouted.

“You don’t have to count each second.” He then handed her two cups with steam coming out of the lids. “I didn’t know which one you preferred. Chocolate or tea?” He added

“Chocolate.” She smiled at him, taking one of the cups from his hand, their fingers slightly brushed each other, making her blush.

It was then that she noticed how he was dressed. He was in sweat pants and had a plain black shirt on. “Did you come from a schedule?” She asked curiously.

“I came from practice.” He simply said.

“Oh. For a comeback?” She further questioned, in which he just smiled.

“You’re preparing for a comeback too?”

“Yeah. They’re planning to cut my hair.” She confessed, running her fingers through her long locks.

“Really?! Are they making you do it? It doesn’t seem you ever had short hair before.” Sehun was surprised and excited. He likes her long hair but she’ll look good either way.

“I wanted to try it as well. If it doesn’t look good, I’ll just let it grow.”

“I’m sure you’ll look pretty.” He looked at her earnestly then smiled. “You always do.” He added with a soft nervous laugh.

Mina’s heart raced, like it always does whenever Sehun compliments her. Not knowing how to respond to him, she did what she does best. Escape and run away.

“I… need to go now. I can’t stay out long and we have an early schedule tomorrow.” She could see the disappointment register on his face.

“Oh. Okay. Do you want me to take you nearer your dorm?” He offered, to which she shook her head.

“No, it’s okay. It’s not that far from here anyway.” She beamed at him when Sehun started to pout. She can’t bear to see him sad, it just melts her heart. “Thank you for the drink. I’ll go now.” She was about to open the door and get out of the car when she felt him pat her head affectionately.

“Take care, Minari.”

On the way back, the weather became colder but when she felt her face with her free hand, it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter