Chapter 1- Prologue

Sandglass (Hiatus // I'll be back, I promise!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A normal 19 year old experiences love in a different way, at a different pace. But Mina is not a normal 19 year old. She was an idol. She was in love. It comes with restrictions and dire consequences if she chooses to act on it. Well, it was too late to say “If”.

When he confessed, she did the same.

A few months later, the company found out. She was told to break it off. Not told, more like ordered. She wanted to cry right then and there, in the middle of the meeting. Her members waited for her in the practice room. After hours of discussion about the risks and how stupid it was to get into a relationship especially if the guy was Exo’s Oh Sehun, she came looking for the girls. With a heavy heart, she entered the room where it was only them. Soon as she saw their eyes, how sad they looked at her, she bursts into tears. They came running towards her, giving her a hug. It felt warm. “This is all I need, my members and our fans. They’re enough.” It was like a mantra, she kept repeating inside her head. Too bad her heart doesn’t follow. She broke away from the girls when she felt her phone vibrate. She wiped away her tears and read the message she just received.

S: Just arrived at the airport. We’ll be boarding the plane soon. I’ll text you when we arrive at Seoul.

She just finished reading the text when another one came.

S: Oh, and I miss you. Can’t wait to see you little weirdo. I love you :)

Her eyes started to water again. With trembling hands, she replied with the only thing she had the heart to tell him.

M: I love you too.

She couldn’t do what they told her to do. She couldn’t type the words. The words any person in a relationship dismays to hear. She couldn’t tell him “We need to talk.”

Sana was softly patting her back and pulled her in a comforting embrace. “They’re all I need.” She whispered to herself.

“Mina?” Their manager unnie quietly entered the practice room. “PD-nim is in the studio, he wants to talk to you. Alone.”

Mina was a mess the whole time she was making her way to the studio. She tried to calm her nerves before walking in. PD-nim was seating down at one of the couches. He looked up and saw her standing there waiting for his acknowledgement. “Sit down, Mina-ssi.” He spoke pointing to the empty space in front of him. She carefully walked towards the couch. Once she was seated, he spoke again.  “How long?” It was vague but she understood what he meant. “6 months, PD-nim” She quietly answered. They’re together for 6 months now.  “It’ll have to end now.” She thought to herself, swallowing her sobs. “3 months.” JYP said in a stern voice. “Eh?” Mina was confused. “I’ll give you 3 more months.” His tone became slightly softer as he spoke to her. “I know it’s hard and unfair and it’s just how it is in the industry. But it doesn’t mean you should be deprived of human relationships. Unfortunately, it’s the rules and it’s on your contract. You should spend the last 3 months creating memories. In the end, happy memories help us get a better grip at sanity. You should end it in 3 months, understand? After this, wait until your 3rd anniversary. This goes for all you girls.” After he was done talking, Mina’s mouth was left hanging.  She was confused. What is this she’s hearing?  “PD-nim, I-i- I don’t understand. What about what the board members said?” He let out a sigh. “I’ll take care of them. Think of this as your chance, a chance to let it all out of your system.”  Right. To get it out of my system. She thought and there was this bitter feeling deep inside her chest. She hated it. She hated how they treated her relationship with Sehun and her feelings like it was some switch you can turn off whenever they wanted. She was in a dilemma. Was it right to pretend everything is okay while contemplating how she’ll break up with him after 3 months? Was it fair to him? Mina didn’t know what to do or if she should even tell Sehun about this.

***

The day was ending soon and Mina was completely exhausted. She didn’t talk in the car on the way back to their dorm and her members didn’t bother her. They knew she wanted the silence. As soon as they stepped inside the house, the other girls tried their best to comfort her. “Is there anything you want to eat? Anything you want?” Jihyo asked her. “No thanks. I just need to be alone right now. To think, I guess. I’ll be at the spare room” She makes her way to the room filled with cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter