Chapter 6- Jealousy

Sandglass (Hiatus // I'll be back, I promise!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The Japanese line was beyond ecstatic to be back in Japan after such a long time, even if it was only for a short while. It was just what Mina needed, a breath of familiar fresh air. Their trip would be short, as they were only there for KCON, nevertheless they cherished every moment they get to spend with their families. With their comeback only a few days away, Mina doubts if she would even have time for sleep, yet alone have a conversation or two with her mother.

The day started with them getting up early for hair and makeup before heading to the venue. When they got out of the car, they were greeted by fans and their families. They had to do a meet and greet before the actual rehearsals. By the time they settled into their waiting room, they were already feeling spent. For the rest of the waiting time, they either chose to sleep or eat. Mina chose the former. Having munched on snacks in the car, she doesn’t have an appetite for a proper meal. 

She had just closed her eyes when she felt somebody shake her awake.

“Minariii~” The sweet aegyo-filled voice of Sana made her eyes flutter open.

“What is it?” She asked softly but there was a hint of irritation of a newly awoken person behind it.

“Don’t be mad.~ I was bored. Do you want to look around?” Sana pouted at her.

“What’s there to look around for? It’s just the same waiting area like all the other ones we’ve been to.”

“Yah! Just because you-know-who is not here you don’t have to be so lethargic about it. C’mon, accompany me to the restroom at least.” Before she could even say No, Sana dragged her out of the room and into the crowded hallway.

The ladies room was empty when they got there but right after they went inside the cubicles, they heard the voices of other female idols go in. Mina is not by any means an eavesdropper, but as soon as she heard his name, she texted Sana to stay put and not go out yet.

“So have you gotten Sehun’s number yet?” Mina heard a perky voice asked.

“Not yet but I’m planning to. Have you seen him lately? He’s gotten so handsome!” One of the girls answered.

“I know right! A lot of girls are probably trying to get his attention, so you better get your move on!”

“You think so? Okay, I’ll ask Amber unnie, she’ll know his number right?”

“Of course. Let’s go, manager oppa is looking for us.” The girls giggled their way out of the restroom.

When they were sure that no body was around anymore, both her and Sana went out of the cubicles. Mina touched her sore cheeks. She wasn’t even aware that she was biting the inside of her cheeks so hard while listening to the conversation. She was too distracted from the tug she was feeling in her chest. 

“Whoa. I didn’t know your friend is so popular with the ladies.”

“Uh-huh.” She nodded, not noticing how her brows creased in irritation.

“Aww. Cheer up Minari!~ I’m sure Sehun wouldn’t give even 5 seconds of his time to those girls.” Sana assured when she saw the unpleasantness on Mina’s face.

“I don’t even know why I feel so affected. I shouldn’t care, right?”

“Well.. I guess if you like someone, it’s normal.” Sana said slowly, eyeing her intently before asking the question. “Do you like him? Like, really really like him?”

Mina was unprepared for the question. She has only admitted it to herself recently. It was pretty hard acknowledging it out loud to someone else. She studied the expression on Sana’s face. She didn’t want to disappoint one of her closest friends. It was one of the reasons why she’d rather keep everything to herself. She’s afraid of what they’ll say, scared of being judged. It almost feels like a sin she has to confess.

She put her head down and kept staring at her feet. She couldn’t bring herself to look at Sana, not when she’s about to say what her true feelings are for the first time.

“Y-yes. It’s hard not to..He’s too sweet and nice and I just couldn’t help it.” She said softly, almost whispering out the words.  When she looked up, she saw the serious look on the older girl’s face but a faint smile appeared.

“Finally! I’ve been waiting for you to admit it yourself. Me and the other girls had a hunch that you liked him. Remember, we know you better than anyone else. You don’t need to feel like you can’t tell us anything, Mina. We know that romantic relationships aren’t allowed, but don’t think you’ll be hanged to death if you ever had one or if you happen to fall for somebody. After all, you can’t help who you like. None of us can.” Sana comforted her. She’s always amazed at how mature Sana is despite having a cute and clumsy image on camera. Her positive personality resonates with her words.

Mina couldn’t find the right words to respond to Sana. When she remained quiet, Sana let out her usual addictive laugh that made her smile.

“Uhm.. unnie..” She started.

“Hmm?”

“Thank you.”It was all she could say. Mina was truly thankful. This was the first time she feels something for someone besides friendship and it was confusing as hell for her, trying to figure out what’s right from wrong, their profession making it all so complicated. Without the girls, she’ll be out of her mind already.

“You’re welcome Minari. You know… you’re really cute when you’re jealous. Wait till the girls hear about this!” Sana clasped her hands, laughing and leaving her behind to head towards their waiting room.

“W-wait unnie!” She hurried along following Sana, thinking how it’s really hard contr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter