...because of an unexpected visitor.

Tangled in Your Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was already 8:00 in the morning yet Junhui was still in bed. He did not have enough energy to rise up and go out of his room. He just stayed motionless while being awake, organizing his thoughts in his head. It had been years since he last had an introspection after waking up. The past few years had been busy and tiring for him. For once, he was able to enjoy the silence for himself, but his thoughts about Yerin moving out of his place occupied his mind too much.

"What did I even do?" he asked himself. Aside from being constantly strict and stubborn, Junhui could not remember doing anything aggravating that would make Yerin upset. He also did not smell and he kept the whole suite clean and organized. Why would Yerin suddenly want to leave?

Junhui turned over to his side, "What did I even do? I can't remember anything. Was I too harsh? Maybe I nagged her too much," he was in deep thought. If Yerin wanted to move out because of his attitude then he would be willing to tone down his aggressive tendencies. Yes, he was willing to do anything to appease his tenant.

"Hm, maybe I should talk to her and tell her she doesn't need to move anymore," he smirked. The thought of persuading Yerin to stay longer was enough to motivate him to rise from his bed and do stuff for the day. He took his phone from his desk to check the time, but he was quite shocked after seeing 15 missed calls from his dad and a text message from Secretary Zhang.

Junhui immediately opened his secretary's message and the content almost gave him a heart attack.

 

Good day, sir. I received a message from your father and he asked me to inform you that your mother is on her way to Seoul. She left Beijing at around 3:30 this morning and her flight was with Korean Air. She will probably arrive in Incheon at around 7:00AM. Please accommodate her well.

 

"What the--" Junhui quickly went out to tell Yerin that her mother would be arriving. Unfortunately, she had already left for work.

"Agh! This isn't good," Junhui muttered to himself. He could already foresee how much of a mess it would be once his mother found out that he was staying with a girl in his hotel suite. Of course, even if he and Yerin were not doing anything malicious, his conservative mother would think otherwise.

Junhui took his phone to call Yerin, but it only took him a second to realize that he did not have her number saved on his phone.

"Dang!" he was running out of ideas, "What am I supposed to do now?!"

He could not let Yerin and his mother meet in his suite. He did not want his life to end yet.

Junhui checked his phone again. He needed to act fast. As he scrolled down his contact list, an idea struck him. Although he was having second thoughts, it was the only available option left.

He dialed a number and waited for the other line to answer.

 

"Hello, Wonwoo?"

 

-

"Ah, it's been years since I last visited Seoul!" Mrs. Wen exclaimed. She had just left Incheon Airport's Terminal 1 and she was on her way to get a cab. Mr. Wen had been bugging her to hire their company car to fetch her, but she wanted to surprise her son so she decided to take public transportation instead.

"Good day, ma'am," an old man greeted her on her way out, "Needing a taxi?"

"Oh yes, yes, you are just in time!" Mrs. Wen smiled before handing her luggage to him, "Kindly take me to Solario Hotel, sir."

The cab driver nodded, "Please get in, ma'am. Let me take care of your luggage here."

Mrs. Wen smiled. She was very excited to see her son again.

 

-

Junhui had been walking to and fro in his front door after his phone call with Wonwoo. He asked his friend to go to the shopping center where Yerin worked and tell her not to come home until 11:00PM, the sleeping time of Mrs. Wen. Junhui was hoping that Wonwoo did not screw it up, or else it would be the end of him.

A few more minutes passed and Wonwoo arrived with his usual smile.

"Hey Jun! What's up?"

"Did you tell Yerin everything I told you?" was Junhui's response. He was agitated by his situation already and Wonwoo should not mess everything up.

The smile on Wonwoo's face slowly disappeared, "Ah, about that, there's a problem."

Junhui's eyes widened, "Wh--What is it?"

"The store manager said that Yerin didn't go to work today. She doesn't know where Yerin is since she has multiple jobs on a daily basis."

Junhui felt his world collapse around him. His mom was on her way to visit him and nobody knew where Yerin was. What if they suddenly meet? What if life wanted him to suffer a painful death?

"It's okay," Wonwoo remarked while patting his friend's back, "We all have our bad days."

"Bad days? Bad days?!" Junhui exclaimed, "My mom's going to kill me!"

"Ah don't worry," Wonwoo smiled, "Tell her the truth! Tell her that nothing happened between you guys. Or if you're feeling a bit adventurous, you could tell her you're gay or something," he laughed. Wonwoo had a knack of making fun of Junhui's predicaments; the latter even wondered how he ended up with such a friend.

 

A few more minutes passed and a familiar figure approached the two. Wonwoo was the first person to notice her, and with his loud and cheery voice, he greeted.

"Ah! Aunt Yiyi! You're here!"

Junhui immediately turned to look. It was indeed his mother, Wen Yiyi.

"Wonwoo! You've grown so much!" Mrs. Wen greeted back. She hugged her son's friend and gave him a kiss on the cheek, "You're still the handsome young man I know!"

Wonwoo nodded, "Thank you, and you still look young and beautiful, Aunt Yiyi!" he returned Mrs. Wen's compliment with another compliment, "Your Korean has gotten better too!"

"Of course," Mrs. Wen giggled, "I have been practicing a lot even if I am already living in China!"

The two of them just kept on complimenting each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter