...because of a burden.

Tangled in Your Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Dang, almost every apartment is so expensive around Seoul now,” Yerin mused to herself as she walked towards the front door of Junhui’s hotel suite. She was still reading the housing brochure she bought from the newsstand.

“If I have two more part-time jobs over the weekend, I can probably save up enough money for the downpayment,” she started calculating her income inside her head. She was really decided to move out of Junhui’s place. She knew he meant well, but she did not want to be a burden to him anymore.

Yerin was still lost in her thoughts when she was about to reach for the doorknob, but even before she could open the door, it already opened it front of her much to her surprise.

“What the--“

“Oi! Do you know what time it is?!” an enraged Junhui greeted her with a glaring stare, “It’s already 11:00PM!”

Yerin just responded with a deep sigh. She was already tired from work; she did not have enough energy to argue with his landlord anymore. She just silently entered the room without paying attention to Junhui’s negative mood. Besides, she would be moving out soon. In a couple of months, Junhui would not need to be worried for her anymore. She immediately went straight to the kitchen to get herself something to eat.

“Tch. The nerve of this woman to ignore me,” Junhui seethed as he followed her to the kitchen, “Oi, Jung Yerin, where did you go? What made you come home this late?”

“Huh, it’s nothing,” Yerin responded indifferently as she scooped rice from the rice cooker and placed it inside a small bowl.

“Look, if you keep on coming home late then I have no choice but to…” Junhui was about to speak of an ultimatum when he noticed the brochure lying on top of the dining table, along with Yerin’s backpack. He immediately picked it up and realized that it was a housing and rentals brochure.

“Jung Yerin!” he called out again but Yerin was already occupied with reheating instant pork cutlets she found inside the refrigerator. Junhui approached her and placed the brochure in front of her face, “Oi, what’s the meaning of this?”

Yerin’s sight moved from the brochure in front of her to Junhui’s face, “Can’t you read Hangul? It says ‘Seoul Today Housing And--“

“I can read! But what’s the meaning of this?! Why do you have this?!” Junhui was already fuming, and Yerin’s sarcastic remark was no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter