Mended Bonds

PTSD - Taecyeon

“I still like you, Daddy” Your son’s voice caused the two of you to pull apart and turn around to face the door. His small form held onto the handle as he pushed open the door. “You were just scary… no wonder you are good with scaring away the monsters…”

Opening his arms for his son, Landon trotted up and jumped on the bed, bouncing over to Taecyeon, he wrapped his arms around his neck while Taecyeon’s arms encased the toddler.

“I’m sorry I scared you, I didn’t mean to…” Taecyeon whispered, cradling his son’s head. “I just get nightmares when my eyes are awake and that is what happened.” Taecyeon pulled away looking at Landon in the eyes.

“Did I hurt you?” Taecyeon probed honestly, his hands running over the small arms of his son making sure he didn’t bruise him.

“No, you didn’t hurt me” Landon shook his head, almost forgetting about the incident earlier, “I’m strong, like you, remember?” Landon showed his dad his muscles as you smiled watching those two interact.

“Ah I am so lucky to have a strong son to fight the bad guys with” Taecyeon ruffled Landon’s head with a bright smile.

“Come on you two, shall we go eat some noodles?” You questioned seeing Taecyeon smile again as well as Landon.

“Noodles!” Landon jumped off the bed and ran towards the kitchen with speed. Walking to the bedroom door, something held you back as a pair of arms found themselves around you.

“Thank you” Taecyeon pulled you against his body, his arms tightening over your stomach while he pressed a gentle kiss on your temple, then one on your cheek and finally one right below the jaw causing shivers to flood your spine.

“You are very welcome, I am glad I could help” You whispered, your hand resting over his arms.

“You always do” Taecyeon whispered against your ear, “More than you know…”

“You two coming?!” Landon’s voice traveled from the kitchen causing you to giggle.

“We best not be late,” You giggled, Taecyeon nodded in agreement as the two of you laced your hands with one another.

Walking out to the kitchen as Landon began pulling out some ingredients for dinner, Taecyeon pulled out a chair for you so that you could watch the show while he pulled out a pot and filled it with water to boil. Landon sang a silly song while he was trying to count the number of noodles within the bag as you couldn’t help but laugh and sing along. Taecyeon joined in eventually as the house filled with love and laughter knowing that this was going to be a family night that was much needed for the three of you.