Day of Plans

PTSD - Taecyeon

Taecyeon continued to watch you until your car was out of sight. Kissing Landon’s head gently, he turned around and headed back inside. Quietly closing the front door behind him, Taecyeon gently rubbed his son’s back as he headed over to the couch. Sitting down carefully, he leaned back so that Landon would be comfortable on top of him. Grabbing the remotes, Taecyeon kept the volume down low as he watched a replay of last night’s game.

With the warm light basking on them and the couch becoming far too comfy, Taecyeon’s eyes slowly closed catching up on a few more minutes of sleep. The minutes turned into hours as the two boys happily slept with one another.

The sun shined in Landon’s eyes, adjusting his small body against his father’s he lifted his hand up and rubbed his big eyes.

“Daddy wake up, time to play” Landon gently shook his father, pulling Taecyeon out of his sleep.

“Hrmmm?” Taecyeon questioned as he slowly woke up, “What do you want to play?”

“Mommy said that it would be a good day for a pool party, since there is going to be snow soon” Landon sat on Taecyeon’s stomach.

Nodding his head sleepily, he agreed to the terms. “Okay, that sounds like fun. Go see if it is warm outside.”

“Yes, sir!” Landon clumsily climbed off of Taecyeon and scampered off to the large windows, pulling open the door to the patio, Landon stood outside with his arms stretched as Taecyeon slowly sat up and ruffled his hair.

The scampering pair of feet came inside as Landon stood in front of his dad, “Feels perfect to me!”

“Okay, let’s get some breakfast in your tummy first” Taecyeon made a sneak attack as his fingers quickly ticked Landon’s stomach. An angelic laugh spilled from your four year olds lips as his small hands tried to cover his stomach while pinning Taecyeon’s hand.

“Then swimsuits?!” Landon questioned through his giggles.

“Only if you eat all your breakfast” Taecyeon reasoned while Landon nodding his head quickly, agreeing to all of the terms.

“What’s for breakfast?” Landon tilted his head to one side.

“How does eggs sound?” Taecyeon slowly rose from his spot on the couch before shuffling into the kitchen

“Yummy!” Landon patted his stomach while following his father into the kitchen.

“Do you want to help me make them?” Taecyeon questioned as Landon nodded excitedly. “Alright, you can grab the eggs okay?”

Landon trotted over to the fridge, pulling as hard as he could on the door it finally opened, pushing the door open far enough so that it would stay, his eyes scaled the inside of the fridge with all of the food. Finding the eggs in the carton that was just at his height, he carefully pulled the carton from the shelf and opened the cardboard lid, looking down at the white oblong shaped items, he turned to see his dad putting the skillet on the burner and warming it up while he grabbed two plates and cups.

“How many?” Landon questioned knowing a few of the smaller numbers

“Three eggs” Taecyeon glanced back at him while he placed the plates at the bar stools and added a cup to each plate.

Turning his attention back to the eggs, Landon pursed his lips while he tapped his finger across a few of the eggs before picking one up in his small hand. “One…”

Picking up another one, he held one in each hand but then looked down at the dozen knowing that he needed one more egg. Trying to problem solve, he wondered how he was going to carry the three eggs even though he only had two hands. Balancing one of the eggs in the crook of his elbow, he grabbed another egg and carefully stood upright. Slowly shuffling across the tile, Taecyeon knelt down meeting Landon with a smile.

“Good job bud” Taecyeon ruffled his son’s hair. “You didn’t even drop one!”

Taecyeon carefully removed the eggs from Landon’s grasp before placing them on the counter. Landon’s hand reached upwards as Taecyeon lifted him up and balanced him on his hip.

“What eggs should we make today?” Taecyeon asked Landon, seeing the pan almost heated.

“The ones with the white around and the yellow in the middle” Landon tried to explain while Taecyeon let out a soft giggle.

“Sunny-side up eggs it is” Taecyeon giggled as he grabbed a lid for the skillet.

Cracking one of the eggs into the pan, Landon watched as Taecyeon carefully placed the clear lid over the pan.

“Do you want any salt or pepper on it?” Taecyeon questioned as Landon just shook his head from side to side.

Intrigued with the transformation of the raw egg to one of his favorite meals, Taecyeon let him watch the clear albumen around the yolk begin to turn white and become thick, the yellow yolk becoming slightly covered in a white film as well. Taecyeon grabbed a fork and tapped the top of the yolk until it was perfectly cooked to Landon’s standards. Sliding the egg out of the pan and onto the plate, Taecyeon handed the plate to Landon before placing his two eggs inside and letting them cook.

Carrying Landon and his breakfast over to the bar, Landon set the plate down before Taecyeon eased his son down onto the stool. Watching Landon kneel on the padded seat, Taecyeon handed him a fork as he began to eat his breakfast which he helped make happily.

Checking on his eggs, they were cooked quickly as he soon joined his son at the counter to enjoy breakfast together. Talking about the adventures that they were going to have with the pool party, Landon quickly finished eating his egg as well as finishing off his orange juice.

“I’m done” Landon slid from the stool as he tried to bring his plate to the sink.

“Go get changed, I will take care of the dishes” Taecyeon grabbed the plate as it was about to fall to the tile.

“Okay” Landon nodded before running off down the hall and closing his door to change into his swimsuit.

Gathering the dirty dishes after he finished, Taecyeon placed them in the sink, washing them off he then placed them in the dishwasher before adding soap and starting the machine seeing that it was full.

Heading back to his room, he quickly changed into his black swim shorts.

“Daddy help!” Landon called loudly throughout the house.

Hearing his son’s cry, Taecyeon grabbed his faded green army shirt before running across the hall to his bedroom and opened the door quickly.

“I’m stuck!” Landon cried as his head was tucked underneath his surf shirt, his hands pulling at the fabric trying to find an escape.

“Let me help” Taecyeon knelt down as he pulled the shirt off of his toddler, showing him what appendage goes in what hole, Taecyeon bunched the shirt up and pulled it over his son’s head before Landon slipped his arms through the remaining holes.

“Belly button!” Landon quickly yelled as he lunged and tackled Taecyeon, his small fingers trying to tickle his bare stomach.

“I wasn’t done dressing yet!” Taecyeon reasoned as he began to tickle Landon back causing him to retract his hands from his father’s skin.

“Get dressed, we have a party to go to!” Landon explained through his laughter. Standing up, Taecyeon pulled the shirt over his toned body before reaching his hand down. Landon slipped his smaller hand around one of Taecyeon’s fingers.