Just Playing

PTSD - Taecyeon

Heading outside, Taecyeon pulled the baby pool out from the shed as Landon ran around the yard trying to find the hose, once it was located, he turned it on and drug it over to the kiddy pool.

“Go get your water toys while this fills” Taecyeon suggested as Landon quickly nodded, running into the shed, he pulled out a beach bag and drug it across the lush grass to the edge of the pool.

“We forgot towels” Landon looked around before tilting his head up to look at his father.

“I’ll grab them!” Taecyeon happily ran into the house, his long strides crossing the yard in no time as he trotted through the house and down the hall to the linen closet.

Pulling out two beach blankets, Taecyeon grabbed a few snacks as well while he was inside and still dry. Landon finished tossing all of his toys into the pool as the cool water continued to fill the plastic enclosure.

“I got snacks too” Taecyeon called as he trotted down the patio steps and onto the grass.

“I finished putting all of the toys in the pool too!” Landon happily pointed to his job well done.

“Looks like the pool is finished filling, do you want to help roll up the hose?”Taecyeon questioned as he headed over to turn off the water.

“Nah” Landon shook his head, “You got this”

Taecyeon shook his head as he began to pull the long hose back and began to coil it by the spicket. Keeping his eye on Landon, he watched as Landon stepped into the pool and then playing with a few of the boats and airplanes that he had in the water. The warm rays of the sun began to heat up the frigid water. Grabbing a watering can, Taecyeon filled it with some water before walking around the backyard and watering the plants in the hanging baskets, the flowers that you had planted right when you three had moved into this new house two years ago.

Landon continued to play happily for a while until he got bored, his mind churned with ideas. Grabbing one of his toys, he loaded it up with water before he stepped out of the kiddy pool.

“Freeze!” Taecyeon heard behind him as he stopped in his tracks, “Put your hands up!”

Setting down the watering can slowly, he held up his hands behind his head, taking deep breaths he felt a rather restricting feeling start to enclose his chest.

“W-What are you doing?” Taecyeon tried to question yet his shaking voice was evident.

“You are under arrest!” Landon tried to reply in the deepest voice he could muster.

“For what?” Taecyeon’s voice began to get quiet as memories started to push through from his past.

“Not playing with me, it is a pool party” Landon explained while holding a water gun between his small hands.

“I was watering mom’s flowers” Taecyeon tried to turn his head around to get a look at Landon

“You are supposed to play with me” Landon demanded staying in character from the late night shows that they watch from time to time.

“What are you going to do if I don’t” Taecyeon turned around slowly facing his son before kneeling down before him.

“I’m going to shoot” Landon coldly replied, his eyes growing dark as Taecyeon tried to keep calm, however, his past began to take hold of him more and more.

“You’re not going to do that” Taecyeon tried to playfully

“Watch me” Landon replied with a deep, harsh tone

Flashing back to his past, he closed his eyes and tried to push his past back.

“Landon please stop” Taecyeon slightly begged, his tone becoming serious and slightly desperate.

“What? You don’t think I will?” Landon continued as Taecyeon began to travel back to his past.

“I’m asking you to stop, please” Taecyeon kept his eyes closed as he brought his bottom lip between his teeth trying to remain calm.

“Why should I stop?” Landon questioned, his voice the same as before

“I asked you too. Stop it now” Taecyeon replied, his eyes continuing to remain shut almost clenching together while his open hands turned into tightly wrapped fists.

“What if I don’t want to?” Landon challenged, by this point Taecyeon’s past had quickly consumed him, bringing him back to that point in time where he could taste the gunpowder and smell the blood from the bodies around him.

Opening his eyes in a quick instance, he reached out, grabbed the “gun” and tossed it aside while his hands wrapped around the arms of Landon.

“I said STOP!” Taecyeon snapped, yelling at Landon. Tears quickly filled the todder’s eyes as he tried to squirm and wiggle from his grip.

“Let me go…” Landon struggled against his father’s tight grip, Taecyeon’s eyes darkening as fear began to grow within Landon.

“Where did you learn this?!” Taecyeon began to interrogate his son, slightly tightening his hand grip.

“T-T-Tommy…” Landon quickly confessed, Tommy being one of his friends he hangs out for preschool twice a week.

“You’re not going to see him anymore” Taecyeon hissed as Landon tensed

“Daddy… you’re scaring me” Landon confessed as he fought harder against Taecyeon, with tears rolling down his face.

“Daddy!” Landon screamed, finally snapping Taecyeon out of his thoughts. Instantly, he released his son letting him fall to the ground as he began to breath heavy and back away.

“You’re mean Daddy!” Landon stood to his feet and quickly ran into the house, “I hate you!”