Day with Daddy

PTSD - Taecyeon

Feeling the hardwood underneath your bare toes, quietly you padded down the hall, sunlight brightened the living room and conjoining kitchen while you quietly tip toed into the kitchen. Dressed in a pencil skirt and a pearl silk blouse, a matching vest to your skirt hugged your figure. Rounding the corner as you placed your black heels on the stool and moved onto the cool tile before opening the fridge.

Pulling out you prepacked lunch that your loving husband, Taecyeon, had made for you the night before, you then pulled out some orange juice and moved over the clear cabinets. Opening the cabinet door quietly, you pulled a short glass from the shelf, quietly placing the glass on the granite counter top, you untwisted the lid and poured the orange liquid into your glass.

“Mommy looks pretty!” A sing song voice echoed through the living room and kitchen causing you to jump and spin around quickly to find the origin of the voice behind you.

Dressed in a car footed pajamas and holding a little Matchbox car between his fingers while his disheveled black hair slightly covered his ears and eyes. Bringing one hand up, he rubbed his eyes sloppily before his lips parted to a yawn.

“What are you doing up, sleepy head?” You giggled, walking over to the corner of the peninsula in the kitchen before kneeling down as much as you could.

Watching the four year old trot over to you, his arms opened as he wrapped them quickly around your neck. Lifting him up onto your hip, his head rested on your shoulder as his fingers played with the light curls in your hair.

“I couldn’t sleep, I wanted to play” Landon, your four year old, replied

“What do you want to play?” You inquired, moving back over to your orange juice and lifting the glass to your lips, taking a small sip.

“Well Daddy and I played cars yesterday… do you think that it will be warm for a pool party?” Landon’s fingers continued to play with your hair as your head leaned on his while you thought a moment or two.

“I think you should ask Daddy that question, but it sounds like a good idea. Especially since it is getting colder outside” You reasoned as he nodded his head against his shoulder.

“Will you still have to work when it starts snowing outside?” Landon questioned, his body relaxing against yours as his eyes began to close at the steady breaths you took and the heartbeat he heard from his ear pressed against your body.

“Sadly, I will…” You turned your head, giving his black hair a sweet kiss.

“Why?” The questioned never seemed to stop with your little boy, “How come Daddy can’t go to work?”

“Daddy has to stay home and take care of you” You whispered seeing that he was falling back asleep while your mind answered the second question just not audibly.

“I wish Mommy could stay home” Landon started to slur his words as you leaned back against the counter and enjoyed the quiet morning with your growing boy.

Finishing off your glass, you carefully placed it in the sink as Landon was fast asleep against you by now. Hearing footsteps from down the hall, you turned to see your loving husband, rubbing his eyes, with the same disheveled hair as your son, you couldn’t help but smile as he shuffled into the kitchen.

“Why is Landon awake?” Taecyeon mumbled quietly before pressing a soft kiss against your temple.

“He was awake” You smiled, looking up at Taecyeon’s beautiful eyes, “He fell back asleep. He wanted to play though” You let out a gentle chuckle as a smile curled onto Taecyeon’s lips.

“We will play a lot today, whatever he wants” Taecyeon gently rubbed the small of your back before you glanced at the clock on the oven.

“I should probably get going” You whispered sadly as Taecyeon nodded, shuffling Landon into Taecyeon’s arms Landon curled up against his father’s shoulder as you rose to the tips of your toes and gently pressed a sweet kiss on the pink lips of your husband.

“Do you know when you will be home?” Taecyeon asked softly, his kind and loving eyes begging you not to leave today.

“Probably around the same time, but possibly sooner” You told him, giving him a reassuring smile.

“Okay” Taecyeon’s lips gave you a sweet smile as he leaned down and pressed his lips on yours letting them linger for slightly longer than the time before.

“Be good” You whispered before kissing Landon’s head.

Grabbing your heels from the stool and slipping them on you grabbed your purse, the keys and your lunch before waving to your two boys before walking out of the front door to your car parked in the parking lot.

Taecyeon walked behind you to the door, watching you and making sure that you got to the car safely, he saw your beautiful hair catch the light breeze while your perfect form held his full attention. Watching you open the driver door, you turned around and waved to him before slipping inside. Waving back to you, he watched the lights of the car turn on with the twist of the key before you pulled away.

Letting your gaze linger on your two boys that stood at the front door, you waved to them once more before you turned and watched them in your rearview mirror.