Episode TWO

5 Seconds of Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 2: Rainy Summer Afternoon

 

Naeun was shivering because of the cold. Their house was still thirty minutes away and they have to wait for the rain to stop before continuing. Both she and her best friend were drenched in rain, and although Naeun was shivering in cold, she knows it was her who needs to take care of Eunji. Eunji is such a bad patient when she gets sick.

“Are you that cold, Eunji-ah?” The twelve year old asked her best friend, who was clenching her teeth while staring at the pouring rain. They were in an old shack in which she thought would give up in any minute. It was small but since they were both small as well, the two perfectly fitted inside. Well, their bodies were touching quite a bit.

“I’m okay… It’s such a bad idea telling you to cut classes. I’m sorry…” Eunji mumbled apologetically while looking down. Naeun’s dad would probably really scold her… and Naeun too. Naeun hates the rain…

Amidst to all what Eunji was thinking, Naeun took the initiative to take her best friends hand and hold it tightly in her hands. “It’s okay, Eunji unnie… As long as you’re here then I’m okay too, okay?”

Eunji took that chance to look up at her best friend. Her sad and drooping eyes from before lightened up like starts in the sky.

“Really.” Naeun assured, showing up her own genuine smile.

It took all of Naeun’s guts to hug the older woman but all those uncertainties were vanished away as Eunji hugged her best friend back that cold afternoon.

 

Naeun was sick, the moment they reached her home. She was in Eunji’s back as her eyes were closing. She’s having a cold soon after and the idea didn’t thrill her. What’s the sleepover for if she’s that sick. Eunji would just then have to take care of her all throughout the night, being the always caring and lovely best friend she has been from the start. Above all, she would really get a good scolding from her dad if he finds out. Gladly, her father was busy at work today and couldn’t even drop by home for that night.

This means she’s alone in their home with only Jung Eunji to accompany her.

Oh great. Naeun’s mind thought. One night alone with your prince charming in his shining armor? Yeah right, Eunji was both her prince and her knight ever since three years ago.

Oh god, I’m such a creep, thinking of my best friend that way.

It has been a while since she felt herself crushing on her fellow best friend, which makes everything harder. Think about it, THEY WERE ALWAYS TOGETHER.

Hiding feelings like that with your best friend is the hardest because you have to keep it in every single time of the day. It’s not that Naeun l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter