Episode THREE

5 Seconds of Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 3: That Warm Summer Day

 

*sniff*sniff*

 

Naeun chuckled at the sight of her best friend who was glaring at the TV with no reasons. The older girl was obviously not delighted. I did tell you that Eunji was indeed a bad patient when she’s sick, right?

“Ahhh Naeunnie, I’m sick~~ I’m gonna die~~~” Eunji suddenly threw a tantrum, kicking the air in frustration and her eyes about to spill some tears. Naeun, like how she was always a good best friend and a younger sister, walked towards Eunji and sat beside her even though she did kept some distance from her.

“Don’t be childish, unnie… You’re thirteen for goodness’ sake!” Naeun giggled before leaning closer to her unnie and whispered in the older one’s ear. “Besides… who told you to kiss me last night?”

That was successful in making Eunji’s cheeks heat up a lot in the process.

To be honest, the two girls didn’t define their relationship then. In fact, Eunji and Naeun didn’t speak much of it after the incident. Of course Naeun’s heart almost burst out of her chest and same goes for Eunji but they weren’t sure if being in a relationship would be good for them. They were freakily still young if you think of it to know what love is.

But if you were to ask Eunji, she knows Naeun was the only one.

There was always a reason why she was the first one who approached Naeun that night in the bus stop. There was always a reason why she put up with Naeun’s moody and cold nature all the time. There was a reason why she never left Naeun alone, and even if she can make a million of friends a day, she will still end up with Naeun.

The reason was blurry at her from the start, but then it was then clear after what happened last night.

Now she made it her goal to make Naeun her wife when she grew up. Yep, a very surreal goal indeed.

“Unnie, eat this while you still can. You will get more sick if you don’t eat.” Naeun pursued, handing her unnie a bowl of the leftover soup from last night that she heated up. She’s not a great cook but thank god Eunji’s not great with measuring ingredients as well.

Eunji reluctantly took the bowl and ate the soup for herself. Still grumbling something about being taken advantage by her best friend, something that made Naeun smile brighter than usual.

After the whole morning, finally Eunji gotten better and was now ready to leave Naeun’s house to go home and rest. Naeun didn’t want Eunji to go but figured that it was only right, considering the fact that Eunji would be taken better care at her home than Naeun’s since Naeun couldn’t even cook if her life depended on it.

Still, the pout on the younger’s lips weren’t erased until the two of them were in Naeun’s doorstep, waiting for someone between the two of them to say good bye first.

Naeun was still holding a little bit too tightly on her best friend’s hand. She didn’t want to let go, much less Eunji as well.

“Naeunnie, I ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter