Awake (Namjin)

Christmas Special With BTS, MONSTA X and INFINITE

 

“Jin, I’ve brought you your favourite lilies, do wake up now, it’s about time. My Jin, you’ve have been asleep for 5 years, do wake up and feel the solstice season that lingers around the air in this December. By the way, today is Christmas Eve; this is the 5th Christmas Eve that you’ve been celebrating here in the deathly white hospital ward.”

Namjoon made it over to the bed where Jin is lying and grabs his hand and gently it, talking sweet to the lifeless body. In his heart, he had hope everyday that when he arrives, Jin will be sitting on the bed, grinning happily when he saw him come to the visit. Every day, Namjoon will hope that by the time he push open that brown door, he will see a healthy Jin smiling at him, but each and every time, his hope was decreasing when he pushed open the door and saw a lifeless body lying on the bed with oxygen tube engage on  Jin, his heart breaks apart.

“Jin, you know what, I have my own studio now at BigHit Entertainment, I’ve finally did it, I hope you hear my words though, I know that you’re being very sleepy, but please wake up, don’t let your soul fly away and touch the sky, if it is like this, I will be very sad about that.” He gently lifted up his wrist and help massaging it so that his muscle can develop although he is still unconscious.

It was time for Namjoon to leave because the visiting hour for the day had already over. Namjoon took another glance of Jin sleeping figure and exited the door.

“He such a good boyfriend, constantly coming to the hospital from the day his love had been admitted, I wish my boyfriend was like that.” One of the nurses said to the other after at the receptionist area.

“Yeah, I saw him the other day bringing his laptop here accompanying his lover despite he’s busy with his work, he still want to visit the young lad.”

Rumors could be heard around the hospital about the two of them where Namjoon always take care of Jin throughout the years. Jin was admitted into the hospital due to a big road accident.

Flashback

“Namjoon, you think you can fool me with that ? The evidence is on the table now; care to explain what is going on with you two? Are you having an affair with her while you have me?” Jin was in anger and loses control of his temper; he just lashed out what he has been seeing throughout the month.

His friend Jimin had sent him the photos of the girl that Jimin had taken with his camera while having lunch with Yoomin in the French Restaurant, where Namjoon wraps his hand around the girl waist with his face close enough almost touching her lips.

“No Jinnie, I’m not cheating on you, I love you very much, please forgive me, I was just helping her since she said that her feet was sore after a long day, we just met in the restaurant, nothing else. You know that I love you right, Jin? From the day that I confess myself to you that I’m gay and I love you, you know that I can’t live without you.”

“We’re over Kim Namjoon, I think this is the best way, we are not meant to be. I’m already tired, when you’re mad, you scolded me like there’s no tomorrow, when you’re , you’ll go find the others to get a release, when you feel empty, that’s the time you come and find me, Namjoon, I’m tired, the love that you give me is not love anymore, it’s a burden, you know what, I’m really tired of loving you and I’m really sorry that I had fallen deeper for you.”

With that, Jin ran out from the house before his tears falling down from his eyes. His sight slowly blurred by the tears that constantly fall down from his eyes, his heart had crushed into pieces, the only thing now in his mind was, he wish to forget, he wish to forget about everything that Namjoon had done to him. He wishes to leave this world just a minute and find himself again. Fortunately, his prayer could be heard by God, he had been knock down by a speeding car that lost control over the break, there under the rain lays Jin covered with blood all over his body.

Ring…ring…

“Hello”

“Hello, this is Seoul Hospital, your friend had been sent to the hospital and I can’t find his family contact so I call you as you’re his speed dial number 1.”

The grasp on the phone become weak, his hand slowly slides down beside him and the phone tumbling out from his hand. He aimlessly grabbing his car keys and walk towards the garage, his hands shivers due to panic, tears constantly runs down from his eyes.

Why him? Why Jin?

Flashback Ends

 

That night, Jin had awakened from his deep slumber, a nurse that work night shift was so happy finally, her patient is awake. The nurse happily fetching the doctor where the doctor said Jin is a miracle, where all the doctors thought that Jin will remain coma for the rest of his life, but, after all those years, he finally awakes.

Snow is sticking on the ground of the surrounding, there in the white ward, Jin is sitting on his back rested on the pillow, listening to the Christmas Carol that sung by the choir team that is airing live on the TV channel. A knock could be heard from outside of the door, and Namjoon walk in with a shock expression on his face, a lopsided grin could be seen on the side of his mouth.

“Thank god, you finally awake.”

“Hello, mister, who are you?”

“Jin, what do you mean who am I? I’m your boy…” Namjoon’s words were cut by the doctor that walks in the ward.

“Merry Christmas, Mr. Kim, how are you feeling?”

“Better then never Dr. Park, but seems like I forget who he is.” Jin pointed to Namjoon.

“Oh, regarding that, your report stated that you suffer amnesia.”

“You mean he is suffering amnesia? He can’t remember everything?”

“Well for that, we need to ask him some questions to see whether he forgets about everything or otherwise.”

“Well, Dr. Park, I know I’m Kim Seok Jin, I’m a vet, and I just own, myself a pet clinic.”

“Okay, your memories remain at 5 years ago and before meeting Namjoon.”

“Sort of”

“Very well then, your condition will be observed, by 2, 3 days, you’ll be allowed to discharge from the hospital, have a nice Christmas Mr. Kim.”

The doctor walk out from the ward leaving the sad Namjoon and a confuse Jin in the ward. Namjoon then grab himself a sit beside Jin and stare blankly at him. His heart was clenched with sadness, guilt starts to eat him up where he stare at his confuse lover, where his lover don’t know anything happen between them.

“Namjoon sshi, are we friends? Or colleagues?”

“We are friends Jin, call me Namjoon though, it’s a bit weird when you call me Namjoon sshi.”

“Okay, Namjoon, where do I live?”

“You live with me in the apartment that we bought.”

“Wow, we must be best friend then?”

“Yes, best friend.”

 

Jin,

I am sorry that I hurt you in the past and that leads to the road accident that makes you sleep for 5 years. I am so happy that you finally awake, the feeling was thrilled, I am so naïve that I thought I can apologize to you when you woke up, but seems like God had always stands by your side, making you forget about the deepest and hurtful memories of yours which included me inside. I’m glad that you woke up from your 5 years sleep, I’m so glad, I wish I can turn back time, telling you I love you so much. However, it is too late now. Too late to apologize, too late to make a second confession, too late to show you I love you so much. I guess we remain as best friend in order to not hurt you anymore. It’s good to see you Awake