The Wedding Dress.

Aiming For The Stars [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Before~

 


“Mother, I couldn’t do that even if I wanted to.” Momo scoffed, knowing how ridiculous her mother’s request really is.


“Of course you could. Just knock on her door.” Madame Hirai emphasized slowly, making sure the much younger girl now standing in front of her with her arms crossed know how simple it would be to ask CEO Yoo out, because to be honest, there has been close to none numbers of articles talking about the marriage between her daughter and the handsome girl out there. That bothers Madame Hirai quite a bit before she finally realized that this is maybe because her daughter and CEO Yoo have only met once.


“She’s a busy woman.”


“She’s not bust tonight.”


“And how would you know that, Madame Hirai?”


“Because I took a few steps further by asking Madame Yoo about Miss Yoo’s schedule for the night.”


“You’re ridiculous.”


“Your marriage needs to make headlines Momo-ah. That’s the other half reason why you’re marrying CEO Yoo. Headlines equal publicity, publicity equal promotions and promotions equal more clients.” Madame Hirai explained nonchalantly, her eyes reading the small words on the black and white newspaper in front of her.


“You’re asking me to shop for my own wedding dress, with her.”


“Yes.”


“No.”


“Yes...”


“No!”


“Then say goodbye to Paris.”

 


Now~

 

 
“Jeongyeon-shi...”


“Yes?”


“Are you sure this is okay?”


“Of course Momo-shi.”


“I don’t want to bother you, really. I’m asking too much of you, am I?”


“No, no. I want to go with you.” Jeongyeon let out a gentle smile, eyes concentrating intently on the road in front of her as both of her hands gripping tightly on the leathered steering wheel.


The younger girl, who was feeling a bit guilty for not only interrupting the woman during her work time and intruding into her office, for that matter but she also feels extremely bad when the older girl volunteered almost immediately to drive them when Momo informed her that she was with her driver instead of driving on her own.


“Are you not allowed to drive?” Jeongyeon asked earlier on. 


“I had a minor accident a few weeks ago so my car is probably still being fixed in the workshop. And father seems to be worried a lot about me driving so he kind of insisted the driver to drive me around instead.” She replied as she shook her head gently, remembering how much it hurts the night the accident happened.


Luckily, she wasn’t badly injured; she just pretty much sprained her hips and arms but both the other driver and herself were able to walk away from the situation quite safely, so Momo is not really complaining at all. It wasn’t entirely on her part either, but both drivers admittedly drove rather carelessly that night; thus it wasn’t much of a drama to begin with.


“Are you hurt?” Jeongyeon frowned, feeling worried about the girl’s well-being and to be honest, seeing the older girl like this causes Momo’s heart to beat a tad faster than its normal pace.


“No, I’m fine Jeongyeon-shi.”


“That’s good to hear. You should drive more carefully next time.” The taller girl warned; worry still latching onto her voice.


“I will.” Momo smiled.


Now, though they are more often being accompanied with silence that has been lingering for quite some time between the two women, but it was more or less leaning on towards a comfortable one.


‘I didn’t really expect for her to be like this, not only does she is kind and warm-hearted but she’s also a very understanding person.’ Momo thought to herself, recalling how the older girl didn’t even hesitate for a split second to accept her favour at the first place and the girl wasn’t even being a little offended by it.


Seeing the older girl now only for the third time, she felt oddly more on ease than being with anyone else that she has probably known for a long time. Just like how each time she goes to meet Mina, she feels super excited like a child and comfortable seeing the younger girl.


With Jeongyeon however, it’s slightly different. She does feel more relax with the woman, but at the same time her heart just won’t beat normally, it’s always fast and sometimes they even skipped a beat. The butterflies in her stomach just won’t stop fluttering, no matter how much the tiny girl tries and her hands just automatically and grossly become clammier by the time whenever she’s in the presence of the older girl now sitting at the driver seat to her left.


Plus, the girl is wearing her suit again so the night couldn’t get any better for the younger girl.


“So, we’re going to one of CEO Son’s store?”


“No, though Chaeyoung is very talented and she has been talking about designing wedding dresses now for quite a while, but she never really got the opportunities to officially open a wedding boutique before.” Momo confirmed.


“I see.”


“Jacqueline Paradise is one of New York’s most famous wedding store, it just opened recently here. The owner is a good friend of mother so she highly recommended me this one. I hope you don’t mind me choosing, Jeongyeon-shi.”


“No, of course not. I’m just never really gone out on a shopping spree in the past.” The older girl said calmly but Momo can clearly see the excitements behind the woman’s eyes and her adorable tiny smile. So cute.


“How do you shop your own clothes then?”


“I have... umm a stylist.” Jeongyeon blushed, admitting how childish she sounded just now. What 26 year old woman does not shop her own clothes anyway?


“You do, now do you?” Momo let out a soft laugh but she doesn’t want to the girl to think that she’s mocking her so the younger girl quickly added, “I absolutely can see why. Being a CEO at the early age must be very hard; especially when you want to impress those who work under you, specifically those who are much older than you.”


“Yes, unfortunately. But Madame Yoo has been very helpful in expressing her opinions on what type of clothing that I should be wearing. It thought it was a bit ridiculous at times but it somehow works perfectly.” Jeongyeon joked lightly causing the shorter girl to let out a loud laugh in return.


“Interesting, Miss Yoo.”


“I’m glad, Young Lady Hirai.”


Momo blushed openly upon sensing the flirtatious and playful tone of the older girl, though the woman seemingly shown her nothing but kindness before; but this confidence radiating from the taller girl definitely makes Momo’s legs to turn into a puddle of melting ice but on the other hand, the gesture is unquestionably welcomed and quite addicting to see.


“A-anyway, I heard a myth once about wedding dresses.” The younger girl continued, avoiding her abnormally rapid beating of her heart as her hands are starting to get sweaty again.


“Really? What type of myth?”


“Some says, the salesgirl who work in any boutique shops will sell different types of wedding dresses to the customers depending whether they are worth the beauty of the dresses or not. Honestly, it's less of a myth and more of a theory.” Momo excitedly clapped.


“Oh, how will that works exactly?” Jeongyeon wondered, oddly and fully interested in hearing more of the peculiar speculation


“If the couples seem worthy, meaning that they are so in love and will probably stay married for a long time,” Momo dramatically paused, “The salesgirl will unleash the most hidden wedding dresses they will ever have. I’m talking about the most beautiful ones and at the affordable prices too! But only, if you seem worthy to them.” The girl finishes enthusiastically and Jeongyeon, once again cannot help herself but to let out a tiny smile in response.


‘Or you could just mention that you’re Young Lady Hirai, I don’t think they will be able to say no to that.’ Jeongyeon thought, feeling fairly amused with the girl’s innocent beliefs. But at the same time, she also wanted to entertain the younger girl further.


“That’s... utterly interesting Momo-shi.”


“Do you think that it’s true though? I mean, do you think we should like... convince them or something?” Momo pondered, sincerely curious with the older girl’s opinion.


“I’m... not entirely sure about believing in them, Momo-shi.”


“Yeah, it seems completely ridiculous isn’t it?” The shorted girl pouted, almost in a disappointed manner as she turned her face away, eyes gazing through the car’s window and hidden from Jeongyeon’s lateral vision.


But then again, of course, Jeongyeon not wanting to see the girl get upset over a simple matter like this because the older girl is such a gull for this kind of thing, she abruptly added, “But it doesn’t hurt to try, now is it?”


Suddenly, without warning, the previously quiet vehicle is now filled with a high pitch scream coming from the small body on Jeongyeon’s right side.


“Oh my god! Really? Can we do it? Should we do it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter