The one who wears Prada.

Aiming For The Stars [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Note: This was in Paris before Nayeon came to meet Jeongyeon and Momo in their suite. Enjoy!

 


Nayeon's eyes twitched, seeing the flashing lights blinding her from every corner. She can feel the beat of the music beneath her, though it wasn't a club that you would imagine it would be, however the classical strings drummed through her ears were as loud as it was pleasant.

She looked around the huge hall, groups of people with suits and dresses talking to each other, some were younger and apparent they were there to follow the trend-setter, while others looked like those who have followed the Son family for decades. Between the youngsters and the olds, Nayeon felt slightly out of place. It wasn't really her scene, yet it amazed her nonetheless. Murmurs of the audiences never seem to die down after the show, and to be honest, she was one of the impressed ones.

 

The woman was clear with her passion, yes, but watching how magical her show up close was one and only experience. Nayeon was not the one to follow the trends, she dresses to intimidate, she dresses to fight, but she never really dresses for herself — there was no need to be; people meet her to work with her, not to be friends. She has made her name out there with her skills, she has made it this far with her own ability though she was indeed started from a stable pillar built by her family — maybe that is why people still doubt her, hate her even, for herself to have been blessed for so many things. 

Maybe that was why she was impressed with the short haired woman chatting cheerfully with those who wanted nothing nothing more but to bring her down. Maybe Nayeon felt like she could understand the woman. Her family has been in the business for so long, yet the woman made a carrer out of herself. She has made her way to the top, yet she was always shadowed by her family's wealth — as if she wasn't even going to survive without her parents' money.

 

Nayeon sipped the white champagne, danced so elegantly around the clear glass in her hand, eyes pouring through the woman's every move and smile. So talented was the woman, Nayeon complimented, yet her name would never be known as Chaeyoung but will always be referred as Miss Son; it shows how much power her family's name has brought down to herself, how much strenght the name has embedded through her — maybe that was why Nayeon felt some sort of sympathy although her age, a connection, but not too long, before Nayeon caught the feelings to herself.

Maybe they were similar than she initially thought, but it doesn't make it easier for her to like the woman. The woman might have bewitched every person she has met, influenced every person she has shown a smile to, manipulated every person she has whispered on, but Nayeon hoped her best not to be one. The woman has made her reputation quite well as the devil who literally wears Prada.

How cunning the woman was said to be, she was about to find out and Nayeon never prayed so hard, to avoid such inevitable faith she was about to put in between them. She put down the now dry glass on the table as she inhaled the sweet aroma of the roses in the vase on the table, she softly chuckled to herself as she smells the familiar aroma in an unfamiliar environment. 

 

She took a deep breath. She wasn't nervous but she dreaded this moment, knowing well her choice will not end well. She turned towards the woman's direction and slowly made her way forward, heels careful not to bring attention from those around her, however, people parted their ways upon seeing the face of none other than the youngest lawyer of the Im group. Though none of them was brave enough to stop and greet her, most of them stared for a good few seconds, to take just a tiny glimpse of her presence before returning to their conversations. As Nayeon smoothly made her way across, she finallycame to a stop as the woman's back greeted her first instead, seemed like the woman moved around as she speaks.

Though the woman's companion recognized her almost immediately, the person of interest however was quite oblivious of her interruption. Nayeon cleared , demanding delicately for the undivided attention from the host of the night where the woman right away turned to faace her, leaving her guests hanging, giving them the ultimate cues for it was time for them to leave the two daughters from the most powerful families in South Korea. Upon turning, the short haired woman's eyes beamed in excitement.

 

"Hello!" Chaeyoung greeted, smile wide as ever, eyes curious as they scanned through Nayeon's face, as the other end settled instead with a small polite smile in return.

"Good evening, Miss Son. It's finally great to see you in person."

Chaeyoung curved in response, smile widened, as if it was possible to do so, "Yes! Of course, it is nice to finally meet you Young Lady Im."

"Such a marvellous show, I must say. Never have I ever enjoyed as much as I have enjoyed it tonight." Nayeon complimented, smile still intact, though never really reaches her eyes.

"Oh, you're too kind Young Lady Im." Chaeyoung dismissed in a playful manner. "I do hope you pardon my choice to have a show in Paris. Most of my friends complained a lot about the distance they have to travel for this." She laughed jokingly, quite evident she didn't really feel that bad anyways.

"No, I actually like Paris. I'm glad I came," Nayeon replied shortly.

 

Small talks never really her style, but she managed to get a response nonetheless.

"Please do send my regards to Madame Im. It is quite unfortunate that she couldn't come tonight but I do am happy for you to come on your parents' behalf. I simply love meeting new people!" Chaeyoung extended her hand to shake the lawyer's hand.

Nayeon smiled as she gripped and shook the woman's welcoming gesture, "I'm sure."

"Though I'm quite surprise I am being showered with your existence tonight, "The woman gleefully continued as her vision never stray away from the lawyer, "It seems that as if you have forgotten on how you rudely confronted my fiancée this very afternoon."

 

Nayeon smirked.

Finally, this is the woman she was looking for.

Though she was taken aback for the sudden change in topic, she expected the woman to play around a little bit before this side of her comes out.

Chaeyoung, as if sensing the woman's question in mind, intruded in, "There is no need for me to hide around the bush, yes? I hope you understand for the private intrusion, you did defy my lion in my hotel. Pardon my curiosity, Young Lady Im." She smiled.

"I didn't plan it to be such a lovely reunion, but she was indeed fun to be with for such reactions I would have never expected," Nayeon nonchalantly said, purposely ignoring the increased in intensity of the woman's stare upon hearing her admittance. Nayeon celebrated in her mind to finally some sort of crack behind the devil's eyes.

 

The petite woman's love for her fiancée was clearly so transparent, maybe a trait Nayeon at least respected.

"I'm glad."

"Then I'm sure you know well for my intention meeting you tonight."

Chaeyoung laughed softly, "I don't know everything, Young Lady Im. But I'm sure that's the image you have of me."

The lawyer stayed quiet, a response well revised by the other.

Looking at the woman's eyes was like nothing Nayeon has ever imagined — she was smiling, she was warmth herself, she was nothing but an angel. But her eyes were everything, Nayeon noticed how the pupil shook in the mention of her fiancée name, Nayeon noticed how the eyes narrowed upon recognizing the challenging tone the lawyer has used, Nayeon noticed how the pupil has darkened as their conversation drag on.

This woman is no ordinary one.

As if every answer was thoroughly cauculated, as if every movement of her opponent was well memorized — just like her when the subject is Jeongyeon.

Never in Nayeon's life was she ever feel so guarded, the need to protect herself from the glowing eyes of the prey, standind so innocently in front of her.

She radiated nothing but danger, as her aura engulfed the young lawyer so tightly, she started to feel suffocated.

She wasn't dangerous, she was the danger itself.

 

Chaeyoung smirked as she hears no further response was given, "Ah, smart." She admitted. Most people have already feel so deep beneath her trap at this point. The lawyer, however, was careful, maybe too careful. "Now, Young Lady Im, tell me... what I can do for you?"

Chaeyoung in no genie, but people do approach her time to time. She was indeed fearless.

Chaeyoung is no fool, she knows right away when the youngest daughter of the Im group suddenly changed her mind to come on her show. Though the mother truly presented herself as a loyal fan, her daughter however has made quite a strong reputation in court — someone whose confidence and smart as she is, coming to meet her in person is not even on their list of priority. The Im group are full of smart people, as the family was nothing but full of sucessful lawyers. It didn't surprise anyone when the youngest one strived the best. Chaeyoung knows meeting her would be intense, but she didn't expect this truly.

The woman stood so tall in front of her, her body stiff but that was obvious. She was a professional.

But when people like Young Lady Im wanted to meet her, when they seldom it in their daily lives, Chaeyoung prepared herself for the worst. People like Young Lady Im do not make intermediate request, they are on of the worst people in their world.

 

"Stop the marriage between Miss Yoo and Young Lady Hirai."

Chaeyoung wasn't even surprised and she wasn't disappointed.

Yet, she replied, "You're kidding?"

"Unfortunately, no."

As the lawyer said with a straight face, Chaeyoung once again, chunckled to herself. How absurd it was.

"I'm surprise you would do this in public, Young Lady Im."

Nayeon smiled, "Don't worry. I made sure we have our privacy."

 

As the lawyer finished her statement, Chaeyoung looked around the big hall. None of the guests stood near them and they seemed to be proccupied with their conversations. What Chaeyoung noticed the most, however, was the dozens of men and women in suits standing in every corner of her sight — they were surronding the room, letting the two women to be in the centre of attention.

Chaeyoung looked closely to the emblems on the front pocket of their suits and smirked right away — the Im group bodyguards.

This was a planned meeting, so subtle it was, she didn't even know it at first.

"I hop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter