The Familiar Trap.

Aiming For The Stars [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hyunbin, this doesn’t make any sense.”


“I apologize, Miss Yoo but I received a direct order from Madame Yoo to book you this particular suite number.”


“You cannot expect me to be sleeping in the same suite as my fiancée, now can you? I haven’t even proposed to her yet.”


Jeongyeon sighed for the nth time, her right hand slide itself up her smooth blonde hair, pushing the bangs unattractively backward as pure frustrations now can be seen painted across her small face and shutting her eyes closed tight at the same time.


This seriously cannot be happening.


She has excused herself almost immediately when she first got the astonished text from the rugged butler, knowing right away that no good news will come along with it; the text itself was the biggest hint, Hyunbin never really send her a text before. It was always a call away, or an email, at least.


But definitely not a text.


She doesn’t even know how to react when she first discovered that she’ll be sharing the suite as the other woman for the night, like how are you supposed to react to that? With a smile? Or with a scowl? Now that will seems rude instead, because whether or not she wanted to admit to herself, sharing suite is not really a bad idea after all.


But it doesn’t make sense.


She knows what her grandmother is trying to do. She’s a cunning woman, a trait that will unfortunately never go away from her unusual small yet fit body.


Indubitably, she’s actually forcing both of them to spend more time with each other because she damn knows well how much Jeongyeon is really struggling to put her feelings on the line, on the inside that is.


She wants to appear as confident as she could but the older woman can see her right through, and Jeongyeon really hated that. It feels like as if she is being stripped every time the negotiations began and there’s nothing she could do to really hide her emotions away.


Madame’s intention is a good one; giving her more time and courage to finally ask the girl out to be her wife, officially.


But this? This is unnecessary, and not to include how inappropriate this is! They are not even married yet and Jeongyeon is not an ancient person, but nevertheless, sharing a suite even, seems insensitive to her for an unmarried couple.


Isn’t it a bad luck sleeping with your wife before the event itself? Or she may actually become a very old traditional woman after all.


Unbelievable.


Jeongyeon groaned softly, hiding her slim body at the corner of the hotel’s huge lobby, away from the prying public eyes around her. She just wanted to jump already from the tall building, because;


This is embarrassing, truly it is.


She just found her lost motivations a few moments ago, now Jeongyeon feels like looking for a small cave and stay there until she grow old, forgetting that this incident ever happened in the first place.


“Where is Madame? I need to talk to her; she has been ignoring my calls all afternoon.”


“I... um...”


As the man refused to continue further, uncertainty submerging his low voice, Jeongyeon can hear a sudden feminine tone from behind the phone, though speaking not directly to the speaker itself but rather to the man himself.


It was unclear, imperceptible practically but Jeongyeon can still able to recognize that panic and stern voice anywhere and anytime, even from afar, and even through the small gadget.


“She is...” a pause, “in a meeting!” He finished in a rush, repeating whatever excuses given to him by his companion in the background.


“Really now? What meeting will that be?” Jeongyeon challenged, squinting her eyes slightly in disbeliefs and mistrusts.


“Meeting with… Dr. Phil.”


My goodness, this family.


If someone asks Jeongyeon right here and then, despite of having the most powerful private company and group across the South Korea, what would be the biggest flaw of the Yoo household?


Simple.


They are bad liars.


The worst, without a single doubt.


“Hyunbin, you may have not noticed this yet, but I’m a CEO. I know the schedules of our meetings, including Madame’s as well.”


“Oh.”


Bet they didn’t think of that one.


And unanticipatedly, she can hear like someone is blowing harshly against the speaker of the phone, the loud noise the wind made reaching the younger girl’s delicate eardrums is rather disturbing and fake as she rolled her eyes in annoyance.


Jeongyeon flinched lightly as the sound doesn’t seem to be showing signs of stopping anytime sooner.


“Oh, I-I... sorry... signal... bad...”


“Hyunbin, you’re at home. We’ve never had signals problem before.” Jeongyeon said in a matter of fact.


“I’ll talk to you later, Miss Yoo.”


And he hung up.


Jeongyeon glared at her wide phone’s screen and gaped openly at her current situation.


What just happened?


Did her butler just hung up on her?


Jeongyeon scoffed, ‘Great he’s teaming up with Madame again.’

 

 


“So…” Momo awkwardly stretched, not really knowing how to approach the ostrich in the room without her having trouble shying away from the girl’s beautiful and intensely dark eyes in front of her. Her hands grasped tightly against each other, not wanting them to move and flaunting around in a nervous manner, just like every single time whenever she feels uncertain.


Not going to lie, the hotel is freezing cold but she can still feel her back dripped and lining the shape of her body with her own sweat.


‘I don’t think that’s even possible for the normal human anatomy to work such ways.’ Momo frowned; relatively confused with her own body’s reactions every time she’s struggling to handle a particular situation, and the fact that she’s going to stay the night with her absolute greasy and stunning fiancée does not really help to calm her fast beating heart and nerves in one bit.


Jeongyeon gave out a small smile upon seeing the nervous look behind her fiancée’s adorable pupils, as her eyeballs shook in anxiety and moved up and down, seemingly swallowing whatever uneasy feeling she experienced at the back of her mind.


Jeongyeon took the girl’s hands and gently untangle them from each other.


Momo gasped. “No, my palms are sweaty.” She blushed deeply.


‘This is so embarrassing!’ She screamed internally, as her eyes widened in surprise when she felt the woman’s warm skin made contact with her cold ones.


“That’s okay, I don’t really mind.” Jeongyeon successfully separated the two hands away from each other and instead fastened them with her own hands; palms to palms.


“It’s gross.” Momo complained, referring to her own hands at this point but not really moving away from the affectionate ties between them.


“No, it’s not.” Jeongyeon shook her head slightly in return. “It’s my future wife’s sweat, so it’s not gross at all to me.” Jeongyeon took a step forward, closer to the younger girl’s front.


“Eww…” She pulled out a disgusted face playfully causing the taller one to let out a loud laugh in response, and Momo followed by.


“So…” Jeongyeon started as their laughs subsided, “The suite room, it wasn’t a mistake apparently. It looks like Madame Yoo has booked earlier today. No one has really informed me before.”


She dropped her gaze to the floor, not ready to see the girl’s live reaction up close. What if she doesn’t want to? This is in fact only their 4th meeting so far, of course the girl won’t be comfortable in staying together for the night. What is Madame even thinking at the first place?


Momo giggled softly, “I figured. I rang my mother just now and guess who’s planning the whole room situation too?” She asked mischievously.


“Madame Hirai.”


“Ding dong deng! You are correct Miss Yoo.” Momo cheered, jumping flippantly in pretending excitements.


Jeongyeon tilted her head to her left and smiled sweetly upon seeing the teasing tone behind the girl’s voice.


‘How adorable can you be?’


Jeongyeon decided to play along as well, suddenly having the desire to see the red colour shade on the girl’s cheeks once more.


She gently pulled the girl’s hands towards her and just like how she did it before, looping her fiancée’s arms around her waist so now that the girl is hugging her. Her face is so close to the shorter girl’s face now as Jeongyeon ducked her head lightly.


“Do I get a prize then?” She whispered and smirked knowingly.


There you go.


There is that blush she’s looking for.


Jeongyeon’s left hand lay softly against Momo’s right arm, just above her elbow while her other right hand gently pat the younger girl’s head and brushing her bangs away a few times there and then.


Momo cleared . “Look at you, so smooth talking. Are you always this way around women?”


Jeongyeon gulped loudly upon hearing the clear warning of her fiancée’s question. Long gone was the shy expression the girl was wearing a good few moments ago, and now replaced with what Jeongyeon is going to call as ‘a lovable duck.’


She knows the woman is being serious right now, but Jeongyeon couldn’t help but to feel loved. Jeongyeon’s heart just swells with these imbalance feelings of aching and wanting her fiancée, much stronger than she ever felt before.


“No.” She replied shortly.


“With men?” Momo pressed further.


“No.”


“Are you sure?”


“Yes.”


“How sure are you?”


Jeongyeon chuckled lowly, finding the girl’s obvious jealousy to be absolutely unnecessary, but cute nevertheless.


‘Trust me, there was no one in mind for the past 8 years unfortunately.’ Jeongyeon thought to herself bitterly.


Pure moments like these what make Jeongyeon think hard on herself.


Will the girl reacted the same way if she knows who Jeongyeon really is?


Is the girl doing all of this just because she’s the heir of a powerful family?


Was Nayeon right all along – that she only wants her attention because she’s no longer the poor person she really was a few years back?


Or is this feeling true?


Are those real loves behind those smiles and gentle stares or was it just Jeongyeon blinded again with her dirty tricks and lies?


There are so many possibilities and unanswered questions for it is the reason why she shouldn’t be happy... but for now, Jeongyeon just wanted to enjoy the moment; for being at the receiving ends of such loving attentions.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter