The Reason Why.

Aiming For The Stars [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Flashback~

 


Jeongyeon watched as the raindrops gracefully showered the ground of her school. The day was cloudy and dark but it was calming nevertheless.


Jeongyeon likes this kind of weather; not too hot but not too cold either. The wind blows gently and she can feel her hair swift left and right, her bangs now long enough to cover her whole forehead stuck against her skin due to the splashes of the rainwater. She slightly pushes her spectacles upwards; it was getting more difficult to see with the evaporated mist already slowly made its way to her precious glasses.


Maybe she was wrong; the day was a little bit cold.


Jeongyeon hugged her body in attempt to warm herself before looking at the watch loosely dangling on her tiny wrist. The bus will be here in 15 minutes. She sighed for the nth time.


‘So boring, I wish I’m already in bed. The weather is perfect for taking a nap.’ Jeongyeon thought to herself.


She replayed her conversation earlier with Seulgi before the younger girl left her alone on the bus stand.

 

Before~

 

“Jeongie I’m so sorry!” An apologetic Nayeon almost kneeled in front of her.


“It’s okay. I’ll be just fine; the bus is going to be here in less than 20 minutes anyway.” Jeongyeon shrugged, a small smile spread across her face easing the other girl’s feeling for just a little bit.


Nayeon went quiet. She knows how Jeongyeon hated being alone. With her issues with abandonment since young and with how she was treated in school nowadays, it amazed Nayeon greatly on how Jeongyeon was still able to stand tall each and every day.


“I was told the ball was at 8.30, I didn’t know dad moved it forward.” Nayeon sat on the left side of the bench next to Jeongyeon The rain was pouring hard already, making it impossible for Jeongyeon to get home by walking.


“Don’t worry Nayeon-ah, I’ll be okay. Now go, you don’t want to be late for your sister’s birthday party.” Jeongyeon gently nudge the girl with her left shoulder, encouraging the girl to just leave already.


“You should come you know? I invited you...” Nayeon slouched and pouted. Eyes now fixed to her front but were closed shut; avoiding any disapproval looks that Jeongyeon might have thrown her.


“It’s not your party; you can’t just invite your friends.” Jeongyeon weakly smiled.


“Momo is coming.” The name startled Jeongyeon for a split second before she recovered almost immediately. She went quiet and Nayeon sensed her mistake once again.


“She’s not even a friend.”


“No, but her father is a friend of your father so that makes you guys... friends. Kind of.” Jeongyeon snorted, believing how ridiculous she sounded just now.


“Yeah right.” Nayeon rolled her eyes. Now both of them became quiet, enjoying each other’s company with the sound of the pouring rain accompanying them at the background.


A sudden low voice coming from their right side broke their silence, causing only Jeongyeon to give her attention to the young man in a dark suit.


“Young lady IM, you are ready to go?” Without even turning her head to his direction, Nayeon half-heartedly ordered “Yes, in just a minute.”


“I’ll see you on Monday.” Jeongyeon cheered, tilted her head and took a glance to the younger girl. She looked defeated, tired even.


“It’s going to be fun. Enjoy yourself.”


“Thanks. I’ll see you Monday then.”


“Hey...” Jeongyeon said.


“Mm...?” Nayeon look at Jeongyeon.


“Well... Forget was nothing.” 


“Eh... Do you want give me a kiss good-bye?” She said laughing. Jeongyeon blushes.


“W-What? No! Idiot!”


“Just kidding~ You're not fun buh!” She said, before leaving.

 


That was 10 minutes ago.

 

 

‘Ugh, how slow is the bus anyways?’ Jeongyeon yawned before closing her eyes, both hands on each side of her body, clutching against the edges of the seat.


She can hear the cars running pass her. The air was cold but it was a good kind of cold. The cold was soothing, almost. But not too long, apparently that day was not really Jeongyeon’s day because the wind was getting stronger by the second and Jeongyeon was starting to shiver. ‘Great.’ In an attempt to stop her muscles from shaking, Jeongyeon fully buttoned up her dark blue coloured blazer of her uniform before putting both of her hands in the jacket’s pockets.


“Miss Yoo?”


Jeongyeon opened her eyes abruptly. Standing in front of her was a neat looking man, about 40 of age, approaching her slowly with a black umbrella on his right hand and his left one on his front of a dark suit, laying comfortably just above his stomach. ‘What’s with people wearing dark suits nowadays anyways? Is it like a trend now?’


She may have given him a very confusing expression because the man almost immediately bowed before introducing himself, “Hello miss, my name is Kim Hyunbin. Please just call me Hyunbin.”


Jeongyeon shocked and confused upon seeing the much older man bowed 90° to her, quickly stand on her unprepared and shaky legs before bowing to the man in return.


“Hel-Hello!”


With her head still bowing, she heard a door being opened and closed in a near distant, in a much gentle manner; followed by a second voice which then graced its way to Jeongyeon’s eardrums. The voice was firm but in a considerable higher tone than the previous person.


“No young lady should ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter