Day Five

Seven Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 5

 

Taehyung wiped the tears from his eyes. It seemed as if his tear ducts were broken, it didn’t stop. His hands shaking as he placed the pieces of the letters together.

“How can I forget you?” he taped the papers together.

“How do I find you?” he held the letters gently.

“I’m so sorry..” he held the letter close to him. “Please”

 

;

 

His mom was worried about him all night after he got home from God knows where. She looked at Tae’s door every time she passed by. She was reluctant to knock on his door to ask what was the problem. It was hard for her to approach his son whenever he was upset. He wondered what was making him so upset. He was out everyday since he came back.

What are you up to, Tae?

“Eomma, are we not calling hyung to eat lunch with us?” Taehyung’s younger brother asked her.

“Yeah, ever since he came back, we haven’t eaten together.” Her younger sister added.

“Let him rest first, I’m sure he’ll join us eventually.” She answered

“Maybe I should talk to him, is something wrong?” Taehyung’s dad looked at her

“No, he’s just tired. I already talked to him.” She lied. She didn’t want to add burden to his son’s problem, it was the least she could do for now.

“Being tired is not an excuse to give us the cold shoulder.” Her husband pouted.

“Oh stop it. You know how he gets tired from their schedules, let him be. We can use this opportunity to plan for the..” she looked back at the kitchen door, making sure Tae wasn’t there “surprise.” She whispered.

“Ah yeah, I already talked to the boys, they’re coming!” he whispered back.

“Eomma I’m excited!” the little girl chimed.

“Shh!” his brother covered “You just want to see Jungkook hyung!”

“That’s not true!” she struggled from his brother’s grasp

“Ya! Let’s eat peacefully.” Their dad scolded.

Tae’s mom was kinda relieved that she was able to avert their attentions on something else, but her anxiety grew more. Will we be able to pull this off? As long as he stays out at the meantime, We’ll do our best. I hope he cheers up soon.

 

;

 

Tae’s mom finally found the courage to knock on his door.

“Taehyung?” No answer.

“I brought soup for you” it was past lunch and he still hasn’t come out.

He placed the tray on the table and opened the door.

“Taehyung?” she peeked in. Taehyung wasn’t there, she opened the door widely.

Taehyung was lying on the floor, asleep. His room was a mess. Papers were everywhere.

“Taehyung!” he didn’t budge.

She picked one of the papers on the floor, it was the letters that came everyday. Same as the one that came late today. She looked back at the tray she brought, beside the bowl of soup was the white envelope she meant to give him.

Stop stressing yourself. She picked each of the letters and placed it on his table, it was all torn and taped back together. She didn’t dare to read any of the letters.

“Taehyung, wake up” she gently tapped his shoulder. She noticed his eyes were swollen and his nose was red. Have you been crying all day?

“Taehyung.. Wake up.” She shook his shoulders.

“Eomma” he said without opening his eyes. “What time is it?”

“It’s past lunch”

Taehyung opened his eyes and abruptly sat up. He looked around with a frightened expression.

“Eo-eomma, w-where are—“ his mom cut him off

“It’s on your table.” She watched Taehyung grab the letters and shove it into his pocket. He was on edge.

“I’m late. No. I’m late again.” She heard him mutter under his breath as he paced back and forth in his room. “No, no, no. I can’t be late.”

She rushed out of the room and picked up the letter from the tray. “Taehyung calm down. The letter came late today, don’t worry. Calm down.” She held his arms tight “Sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter