Day Four

Seven Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAY 4

 

Taehyung stared at the ceiling, wondering where she might have been hiding, it’s 4 am and he couldn’t sleep. His fever was gone but the heavy feeling in his chest still won’t go away.

He glanced at his desk, the piles of letters moved as the wind from the fan blew in its direction.

Where are you?

He thought of something, he went out of his room and waited for the person who delivers the letter. He waited until the sun peeked.

Finally, a figure slowly approached their house, he couldn’t recognize who the person was.

That coat.

He remembered the coat. It was the same as the one he gave her, as well as the coat he saw along Han River. He ran to their door, waiting for the right moment to come out.

The person approached their door, Taehyung abruptly opened the door, surprising the person.

“Ya!” he shouted as the person started running.

He ran after the person, “Ya! Stop! I’m not wearing my coat!” he ran in his baggy clothes. “Aish!” he ran faster and caught the persons arm.

 

He pulled the person to face him. “Why are you running away?”

“Why are you running after me?” the person was facing down.

He removed the person’s hood “Who are you” he asked

“Why do you need to know?” the lady finally faced him

“You’re the person who delivers the letters, right?”

“Y-yeah.” She was uneasy under the man’s stare.

“Where is she? Why are you wearing her coat?” he shivered under the cold wind

“W-who are you talking about? This coat is mine.” It was clear that she was afraid.

“Where is the person sending the letters?” Taehyung looked at her deeply, looking for answers in her eyes, then she looked away.

“I-I just deliver them.” Taehyung remembered her, they had the same reaction when they were stared deeply. His face softened, he almost thought they had a resemblance, he brushed off the thought.

“Mi-mister, can I- can I go now?” the lady asked, trying to pull her coat away from Taehyung’s shaking hands. “Please go inside now, you’re wearing thin clothes.”

“Thank you.” He bowed and ran to his house.

He thought he’d finally see her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter