07.

All the way with you

-“Oppa” – Little Bora said holding the tip of Jinyoung’s shirt. –“Why there is so much garbage at Unnie’s locker?” – She had worried eyes, trying to figure out what was happening. Unfortunately, none of us knew.

-“I don’t know.” – Jinyoung said kneeling down and holding her shoulders. –“I already asked a taxi to come and take you home ok? Be a good girl and go home safely while I help unnie to clean this.” – He said calmly and she nodded, showing that she understood.

After the taxi came to pick her up, Jinyoung and I started to clean the mess.

I was silently picking some litter and putting it into a plastic bag. I was so confuse I couldn’t even ratiocinate properly. Who could to this out of nowhere? I was totally immerse on my own thoughts when Jinyoung broke the silence.

-“I think Hayun did it.” – Jinyoung straightly said, also gathering some rubbish. I stopped for a minute.

Hayun?

 Why would she do something like this? Plus, she is somehow too foolish to do a mess like this.

Suddenly I reminded that time when Suho’s locker was filled with garbage, the same way mine was today. But the ones who made that were the troublemakers from class 2B. It doesn’t make sense, I didn’t do nothing wrong to them. It was a long time ago, there’s no way they would do this to me just because I am friends with Suho. At least I was.

-“What is on your mind?” – Jinyoung caught the last piece of litter and approached me. –“Uhn, I was just remembering that time some guys from class 2B made something similar to Suho’s locker. I was some time ago.” – I knotted the full plastic bag.

-“They made it right after started to date Hayun. These guys were bullying her the day after.” – I finished and Jinyoung and I went to the trashcan to throw the mess away.

-“This is really strange. It doesn’t make sense at all…” – He said thoughtful. –“Ah! By the way.” – He picked something from his pocket. –“I found this in the middle of the trash that was in your locker. I guess it belongs to the guilty person.”

He handed me a metal keychain. I was a strange figure with a skull and a writing that says Sr. Winterhalder.

I frowned my forehead. What does this means?

-“I looked at Jinyoung who seemed to read my thoughts. – “I don’t know what this is, I have never saw this symbol before.” – He said catching the keychain from my hand and looking closely at it.

We said goodbye and parted our ways to our respective homes. I slept right after I laid on my bed, I was exhausted. It was such a busy day. I made the math test, Hayun came to spit her unwanted word at me and I fought with Suho.

It was such a bad day.

 

 

 

 

When I woke up the next morning, I was already late for school. I was so tired that I didn’t hear the alarm clock. I quickly changed my clothes and brushed my teeth. I ran to the kitchen, picked a bread and rushed to school.

In my way there, I felt someone pulling me by the wrist. I turned by body and saw Suho looking at me with hesitant eyes. I couldn’t even remember the last time we walked home together, I had even forgotten that we lived close by.

I blushed a little bit and I was already felling my mood change. I thought he wouldn’t talk to me after what I said to him.

I just returned the gaze, waiting for him to make the first move.

He sighed.

-“I’m sorry.” – He merely said. I kept the gaze mutely. –“I’m sorry for pulling out of nowhere. And I’m also sorry for yesterday.” – He lowered his head.

-“I was so shocked when I saw Hayun running to me with tears on her eyes that I completely forgot to think about your side of the story.” – He scratched the back of his nape and my heart skipped a beat.

The butterflies inside my stomach woke up from their sleep and started to move inside me just as they did before. I weakly smiled at him.

-“Thank you!” – I approached Suho and hugged me.

Thanks for thinking about me and caring about me. Thanks for coming to apologize. Even though you hurt me sometimes, you are the only one who can completely heal me.

-“I am sorry, Suho.” – I released him. My hands were trembling. – “What I said that day, it was a lie. I don’t want you to get out of my life neither stop talking to me.” -  I looked deeply into his eyes. –“I am really sorry. I know that I caused you trouble, but please, let me continue to stay in your life.” – I said closing my eyes not wanting to see his face, fearing he would reject me again.

He laughed and hit me lightly in my forehead. I opened my eyes. – “Babo!” – He was smiling. – “Of course you can stay in my life.” – My heart was beating so fast!

Suho, I love you!

Even if you rejected me, I won’t give up.

-“That guy Jinyoung..” – He started. Looking a bit uncomfortable. – “Are you guys dating?” – He asked gazing me expectantly. My cheeks turned tomato red.

-“W-w-what? Of course we are not!” – I was shaking my hand in front of my body. –“The only one I like is still you, Suho!” – I made sure to emphasize it again. He laughed.

-“You really are a Babo!” – He sighed. – “You will not give up, will you?” – He petted my head.

-“Just do whatever you want.” – He said smiling. I smiled back at him, feeling an enormous joy emanating from inside me. I curled my hands into fists and placed them in front of my chest.

-“I will!”

 

 

 

 

 

I watched the classes attentively trying to make up for the other days when my head were above the clouds. The smile didn’t leave my lips the whole morning, and I felt like all my hopes were filled again. The last class finished and I rushed to eat my lunch, since I had to tutor little Bora today.

I stepped into the classroom and meet an unwanted figure next to the little girl.

-“What are you doing here? You can’t be here.” – I shouted at Jinyoung as he was sitting comfortably next to little Bora.

-“Why not?” – He said sticking his thong at me. Little Bora was just neutrally watching the two adults argue.

-“Because this is an English tutoring to Elementary School and you are not in Elementary school.” – I started crossing my arms in front of my chest. –“Besides, you speak a hundred languages, you don’t need tutoring. Only Bora can attend here.”

-“I am here to look after my little sister, I want to see if you really are a good tutor to her. And her name is not Bora” – Jinyoung mimicked me. – “Is Boo-boo.” – He smirked at me. I sighed realizing that this discussion would take forever. I gave up and started to play his game.

I bended my knees to look at little Bora. –“Can I call you Boo-boo?” – I asked and she blushed. Bora quickly looked at Jinyoung, as if asking him permission to let me call her by that bubbly nickname. He snorted.

-“Only because she is your tutor.” – He replied and her face brightened. She turned to me. –“Please call me Boo-boo, Bora-unnie!” – She smiled, making myself smile as well. I petted her head.

-“Okay, now that we solved this matter, let’s move to what is really important: only Boo-boo can attend this class.” – I said sounding merciless. Both Boo-boo and Jinyoung pouted.

-“Unnie, you don’t like Jinyoung-oppa?” – Boo-boo said with worried eyes. I gasped.

-“I….! It’s just that I….” – How am I supposed to answer this?

 It’s not that I hate him, but I don’t love him either. Jinyoung pisses me off sometimes (As he is doing right now), but I can’t really say that I hate him. I can’t neither say that I like him or else they will understand it wrongly.

What should I do? Both Jinyoung and his sister were looking at me with expectantly eyes waiting for my response. I felt my cheeks burn.

“Whatever, I will let Jinyoung attend the class.” – I gave up sighting and they cheered.

 

 

We started to read the book and explain the meaning of it to Boo-boo. She was paying close attention and Jinyoung was traveling his eyes to me and his sister.

30 minutes later Boo-boo asked to go to the bathroom. I allowed her to go, but a little part of me was afraid to be left alone in the room with Jinyoung.

As soon as she passed through the door I turned my back to Jinyoung and went to the blackboard to write something about the class, pretending to be busy so he wouldn’t talk to me. I didn’t want to mix the feelings of joy that Suho gave to me earlier.

However, it obviously failed.

Jinyoung stood up and walked to where I was, positioning himself behind me and holding the hand I was writing with. With his other hand, he took a strand of my hair.

-“You scent well.” – The sound of his voice made my heart race and sent shivers down to my spine. Why am I nervous?

-“Boo-boo really does like you” He continued, as I didn’t reply.

-“She is the sweetest girl.” – I said trying not to let the flutter appear in my speech.

-“I also like you a lot.” – He said narrowing even more the distance between our bodies. I shut my eyes in an attempt to control my jitters. It failed.

-“Jinyoung, you are wasting your time with me.” – I wasn’t able to control my trembling voice anymore. I felt my cheeks burning and my body turning hot by the proximity with the fox-eyed guy. –“Wasting?” – He replied with a soft voice. – “I like to think of it as being an investment.”

I turned to look at him. –“No, you are really wasting your time.” – I held my hands against my chest. –“You are handsome, smart and gentle. Why would you like to be with a girl like me?” – I made the maximum effort not to raise the tone of my voice since Boo-boo would be back at the classroom any time.

-“If you see me like this, why won’t you give a chance?” – He said deeply looking into my eyes while holding my face with his hands. It’s not like I don’t want to love him, but what could I do if I still like Suho?

– “You know how I feel…” – My voice was weak.

Jinyoung sighed and lowered his head.

-“I know. But I will wait for you.” – He purely said.

-“You shouldn’t do this to yourself.” – I whispered, almost to myself.

 –“I just can’t control how I feel.” – Jinyoung started with a painful voice. –“Just like the way you feel for Suho, I can’t control my feelings for you.” – He said and I widened my eyes.

-“Since the first time at the corridor, I wanted to be with you. It just can’t be helped.” – He said passing a hand to his hair. He gazed at me. –“The way you ran trying to suppress your pain, I wanted to hold you that very first day and tell you everything would be alright.” – Jinyoung was blushing a little bit.

He looked away for a second and then turned to look at me again.

-“I fell for you at the moment I first landed my eyes on you.” – He said reaching to hold my hands.He looked deep into my eyes and I could feel the truth in his speech. My heart was beating like crazy and my face was burning.

I was speechless.