05.

All the way with you

When Suho hugged me, time stopped.

His scented hair, the strength with he was holding me, everything was so overwhelming.

I was feeling pleased, lucky and loved.

Suho released me and looked at me. He wiped the tears out of my cheeks and held my head with both of his hands. He kept the eye contact as if he was trying to say whatever was on his mind without having to speaking it. I was too joyful and comfortable to care what was it.

I was patient.

I didn’t want this moment to end.

Some minutes later Suho decided to break the silence.

-“Bora, I am not going to go out with you.” – He said deepening the gaze looking serious. WHAT.

-“Wh-…Bu-…” - My mind was too confused to elaborate a proper answer. –“Then why did you came back to hug me?!” – I asked unbelieving him.

-“I just couldn’t let you crying here with that ugly face of yours.” – He said with a soft laugh, indicating he was joking.

-“Y-you….you idiot.” – I released my face from his grip and pushed him away. –“Why do you keep on giving me hopes then? Why do you treat me so nicely then?” – Suho was looking surprised. –“You just…” – I shut my eyes. –“Don’t you dare hug me again! Don’t come near me anymore! - I shouted and ran away.

I didn’t even know to where.

I just ran.

Stupid Suho. Because of him, my heart was aching so much. Why do you keep me so close if you don’t feel the same for me? Why are you nice to me? How can you expect that I don’t fall in love with you?  

I reached the top floor, walked toward the railing at the end of it, and held it with both of my hands.

Stupid Suho. He said he really likes Hayun.

Stupid me, because I knew that he could reject me. I knew that there was a chance that Suho actually liked Hayun and didn’t want me by his side. But in my heart I was hoping that he would accept my feelings. In my heart I wanted to erase the negative reactions. I wanted him to love me back!

-“What are you doing crying here alone, ma jolie?” – I recognized the voice and shut my eyes, not wanting to talk to Jinyoung like this. I didn’t heard any more questions from him and instead I felt his arms holding me from behind.

-“You are crying because of him, aren’t you?” – He said with his voice a lot softer than usual. I didn't reply, but I think he guessed the answer because of the tears that were falling from my cheeks to his arms. He turned me around to look at my face, which was hidden under my messed hair.

Jinyoung caressed my hair and put the troublesome strands behind my ear. He bent his knees so then his eyes were in the same height as my soulless ones. He smiled.

-“You look pretty even when you cry. But I don’t want to see you like this.” – I was too tired to blush, but seeing my lack of response Jinyoung touched my lips with his own.

I widened my eyes in chock and wasn’t even able to protest.

His lips were soft and caring, but my mind was blank.

What does this means? Why are you doing this? Don’t you know I love Suho?

I closed my eyes trying not to think much about what it meant. I tried to clear my mind from Suho and from my foolishness all by myself, but Jinyoung did it with a simple action.

He parted our lips and hugged me tightly.

-“Don’t cry anymore.” – He whispered to my hair. –“I know you love Suho, but I don’t care. I will make you like me. I will make you mine.”

His confession hit me like a cold wave. What was it? Could it be that Jinyoung was in love with me? I remember him saying at the philosophy lecture that I was in a one-sided love with him, but it turns that it was the opposite.

He made my broken heart slightly join some pieces.

-“Will you give me a chance?” – He hesitantly asked. I hesitated 

-“But what if I can’t love you?” – I asked hiding my face in his arm. My question was sincere. What if he just wasted his time with me? I couldn’t guarantee that I will forget about Suho and like him instead.

Jinyoung released me from his hug and smiled at me.

-“I will do my best.”

 

 

 

I woke up with a headache. It was probably because I spend the whole weekend crying because of Suho. It was already Monday and I had that final test of math to do. I lazily got out of bed, ate my breakfast and tried to put some makeup to hide the dark circles under my eyes.

I didn’t even remember the subject, I was so exhausted.

When I entered school, I felt lost. I can’t talk to Suho anymore, or else I would just hurt myself more. I was lonely; I lost not only my love but also my only friend. Five years of his company just thrown away, and it was because of me.

I was near the math classroom when I felt someone’s hand stopping my head. It was Jinyoung.

-“Today is your final exam, right?” – Jinyoung said smiling at me. –“Here, this will give you good luck.” – He said petting my head and giving me a chocolate in form of a four-leaf clover. I gave him a weak smile.

-“Thanks.” – I simply said. He smiled back, noticing how my face looked less dispirited. –“Meet me after the test at the roof top, ok?” – He said kissing my forehead and leaving.

I was sure I didn’t love Jinyoung, how could I love a guy so fast if my heart had been with Suho for five years? I was sure I didn’t love Jinyoung, but the fact that he was by my side right now made my heart a little bit more restful.  

I unwrapped the chocolate and took a bite of it. I closed my eyes and trying to concentrate, thinking of what Jinyoung told me: it will give me luck! I opened my eyes, took a deep breath and entered the classroom.

 

 

I left the test surprisingly positive, I think I really do have chances to pass! The questions were just like the one Jinyoung explained to me. I snapped my fingers, it’s true, I have to meet him at the roof top to thank him!

I was making my way to the stairs when someone hold my hand.

-“Excuse me!” – The timid voice urgently said. I turned around and saw Hayun looking worried at me. –“I-I am sorry. Can I talk to you?” – She shyly asked.

I frowned my forehead.

What does this girl wants?

-“Just talk already.” – I said clearly impatient. Why would she wants to talk to me? She already has Suho, it’s cruel to come to me and show her trophy.

-“Am…I” – Hayun started with her head low. –“I knew how you felt for Suho. I knew it all along. The way you look at him, the way you talk to him…this is not something you can hide nor deny, right?” – She said carefully. The nerve of this girl!

-“Even though I knew it, I couldn’t suppress my fellings for Suho oppa, but I really did feel bad for you. I know you truthfully likes him, so I was also hurt.” – She shyly looked into my eyes.

 –“The fact that you was still able to love him, even after he started to date me…I really admired you for this.” – She seems so full of herself. My blood started to boil in anger. I don’t want her to pity me.

-“I saw that you and Jinyoung oppa got really close recently. He seems to have fellings for you.” – She said holding her hands against her chest. – “I just wanted to tell you that you don’t need this. You don’t need to do this to yourself. Just because your love for Suho was not corresponded you don’t need to fall into the arms of the first guy that appears in your life.”

I gulped. I was so mad right now that my hands were shaking. How dare she? She doesn’t know anything about my life, so who is she to judge me like this? She is trying to play the heroine here, act like she cares for me. I hate her so much!

I was about to reply, but Jinyoung appeared and placed himself between Hayun and me.

-“Oh well, well. Hayun, don’t you think you are trying too much to look sweet?” – Jinyoung gave Hayun a disdain look. She looked petrified at him. –“Saying that you care about Bora, aren’t you faking it a little too much?”

-“N-no..! I was just trying to put myself in Bora’s place! I…” – Hayun tried to explain herself but Jinyoung cut her.

– “Saying that she should not date another guy when she was rejected by your boyfriend, when you clearly see her as a rival is just hypocrite. I despise you.” – Jinyoung held my hand and walked away from Hayun and I let myself be led by him.

When I looked back over my shoulder, I saw Hayun standing there, trembling with tears on her eyes.