06.

All the way with you

-“I hate Hayun so much!” – I whimpered squeezing my face against Jinyoung’s arm. –“Why is Suho so obsessed with her?!” – I didn’t cry until Jinyoung brought me to the school’s yard and we sat at a bench.

 I didn’t want Hayun to see me crying. I didn’t want her to know that she affected me. The look in her eyes after Jinyoung argued with her was not regret. I guess she didn’t regret what she has told me, but the way Jinyoung responded to her somehow surprised her.

She was so artificial, wanting me to believe she actually cared for me. I already desliked her just because of the fact that she was dating Suho, but right now I really hate her!

-“There, there. It’s okay to cry, because she is indeed a .” – Jinyoung said caressing my back. –“But please, don’t soak my sleeve, this is the only shirt I have for the rest of the day.” – He laughed. I froze.

I looked at Jinyoung’s sleeve and realized it was all wet with my tears.

-“Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” – I said trying to wipe it off with my hand, but I failed. I was feeling so guilty! We still have half of the classes to attend.

-“It’s ok. I forgive you.” – He replied holding my hand that was trying to clean my tears from his sleeve. – “But only if you accept to go out with me.” – Jinyoung had a smirk draw in his lips and I blushed.

I forgot how to speak for a second, but a reply wasn’t necessary, because a voice interrupted our conversation.

-“YOU!” – Suho appeared out of nowhere with irritation on his voice. He approached Jinyoung and stood in front of him as if I wasn’t there. – “What did you say to Hayun?” – He gazed Jinyoung with dark eyes

Jinyoung stood up facing Suho evenly.

-“I just said something to made her stop being arrogant.” – Jinyoung simply replied shrugging his shoulders. Suho lost his mind with Jinyoung’s unconcern and grabbed the fox-eyed guy by his collar. –“What. Did. You. Say.” – Suho gritted his teeth. –“She came to me crying just about now.”

I have never seen Suho that nervous. He was a laid-back guy with no worries. He was scaring me, but the fact that his concern for Hayun made him this mad bothered me.

-“Stop, Suho!” – I ran to them and grabbed the arm which Suho was holding Jinyoung’s collar. –“Stop it right now! Jinyoung was just standing up for me, just as you do for Hayun. She was the one who looked for me anyway!” – I couldn’t control my voice and my anger anymore.

-“You will always defend Hayun, won’t you? Just let Jinyoung do the same for me then.” – Suho released Jinyoung from his grip and widened his eyes, as if he did not notice that I was there before. –“If you like Hayun this much, run to her and leave us alone.” – I gave him my bravest look.

Suho sighed, gave a last look to Jinyoung and left.

Now that the adrenaline has left my body, I felt my legs tremble. The already awaited tears started to fall. My bones were weak.

I just faced Suho.

-“You were brave.” – I felt Jinyoung’s hand on my shoulder as he was turning me to face him. As soon as he saw the familiar tears on my cheeks, he pulled me closer to a hug. –“You did your best, I’m proud of you. Thanks for standing up for me.” – He petted my head as I sobbed. –“You can soak my sleeve as much as you want.”

 

 

 

I attended the last classes trying my best to pay attention, but my body was still so uneasy with all that had happened that I couldn’t concentrate. As the last lecture ended, I decided to do something to busy my mind. I just couldn’t stay the way I was or else I would go crazy.

If I did something after class, I would not think that much about Suho as I would if I went straight home. I was sure to join any club, volunteer any job or do any sport to prevent myself to drive my mind at him.

I went to the student council and asked the vice president if there was any vacancy available.

-“Oh, I can assure you that not only me, but all of the council is happy that you are showing some interest to participate at the school activities.” – The sweet secretary smiled at me. – “Uhn, let me see. Oh! We do need an English Tutor for the elementary school students. Would you like to volunteer?”

“Yes! Sure!” – I smiled back at her. Oh thank god it was not a difficult subject as Math or Physics. I am actually quite good at English.

The secretary told me I could start today after lunch. Suddenly I felt nervous, maybe I was hasty about the tutoring. I decided not to think too much about it.

 

 

 

I entered the classroom and found a cute girl sitting at one of the desks. She had a long black hair tied in a ponytail. She looked like she was 7 years old. I approached her.

-“Hello” – I said smiling at her. – “I am Lim Bora and I will be your tutor today, what’s your name?” – I asked putting my books at the desk in front of her.

-“I am Bora.” – She shyly replied looking at her hands. She was so cute! –“Oh we have the same name!” – I said clapping my hands in surprise. She looked at me timidly looking a little bit more at ease.

-“So Bora, in which part of the English subject do you need help?” – I said sitting next to her.

-“I am bad at literature. I have difficult to interpret the books.” – She said lowering her head.

-“It’s okay, you don’t need to feel embarrassed about it. I will help you and you will be the best student of literature of your class, ok?” – I said curling my hand into a fist and placing id ahead of my chest.

-“T-the best?” – The little Bora blushed. She is really the cutest.

 

 

 

I looked at the clock and it was already 3 pm. I think it was enough tutoring for today, and little Bora really did a lot of advance for one day.

-“Bora, I think it’s enough for today, you really did well!” – I praised her and her cheeks turned pink. I petted her head. – “How will you go home now? I can walk you home if you want.” – I offered standing up from the chair.

-“Oh, I have to wait for my older brother. He will come soon.” – She said while packing up her things and putting them at her backpack.

-“Really? And how is your older brother?” – I asked trying not to look desperately interested. It could be a good thing to meet someone new after all.

Suddenly little Bora seemed very excited. –“He is the best oppa of the whole world! He is very handsome and intelligent. And he also takes good care of me!” – She said with the greatest smile. I couldn’t help to smile as well.

Her brother surely is a good person.

-“Hey, Boo-boo!” – A familiar voice called out the little Bora. She turned around and ran to the man’s arms.

-“Jinyoung-oppa!!’ – She happily called as she was hugging him. Jinyoung made eye contact with me and I blushed turning away. Why am I even blushing?

-“Boo-boo, did your tutor treat you well?” – He softly asked at little Bora. –“She did! Her name is Bora as well!” – She said and Jinyoung faked a surprise.

-“Is that so? What a coincidence!” – He laughed and walked towards me to see my embarrassed face. –“Boo-boo, your tutor is really pretty, isn’t she?” – He said smirking at me.

-“She is!” – She simply replied, too innocent to realize the hidden interest in his older brother’s voice.

-“Just as you are, Boo-boo!” – He run to little Bora to pinch her cheeks. –“So, should we go now?” – He asked and she nodded. –“Miss tutor, will you come with us?” – He asked me and I tried to contain my burning face and turned to see Jinyoung and little Bora. He was smiling, holding her backpack with one hand and her hand with the other one.

-“Yes.” – I simply said, weakly smiling.

We were walking toward the main hall and Bora was telling us how her day was. How she did well at the art class and how she solved a math problem. Jinyoung was paying fully attention and nodding at her and I just couldn’t stop smiling seeing how cute the scene was.   

As we reached the lockers, I was paralyzed as I saw mine: it was destroyed and full of garbage.

Jinyoung stopped as he also saw it and looked at me with worried eyes. –“Bora…”- He walked closer to me.

-“W-what does this means, Jinyoung?”