The weight of confession

He's Dreaming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I know, " so  the youngest softly voiced out, Kim Junmyeon thought he could see a small smirk was plastered on his face. 

Kim Taehyung slowly approached and offering for handshake. Kim Junmyeon just looked down at the spreaded arm, hesitate a bit, as he tried to figure out what was inside the youngest's head. Nevertheless, he returned the shake, despite it required quite some time from his side. 

"I'm sorry Junmyeon hyung...or what should I call you?" Kim Teahyung asked politely. 

It sound genuine enough in his ear. 

"Jun, I prefer to be called as Jun."

"So, Jun-hyung then." Kim Taehyung decided. He grinned adorably, looking all cute at once. "You're cute Jun-hyung, even as a man."

Wow, Kim Junmyeon was intimidated by the maknae's boldness. 

"I'm happy that finally Jun-hyung able to be truthtful. It hurt me to see hyung trying hard to hide something from us."

So, this kid was really up to something. 

But...

Did he ever need to push that far?

Did he ever realise that he was too over the edge eventhough he had a good intention?

"Tae-shi, don't you think you're too much. I know you've a good intention, but you scared the living crab out of Jun, " Hanna expressed her thought. 

"I know. Sorry for being selfish for a while. I'm just being myself. At least i'm confident enough this would work out somehow in one way or another." 

Kim Junmyeon blinked several times upon hearing the youngest's reasoning. There was no way it can be acceptable in normal circumstances, but the maknae' s words made the impossible thing sound possible. 

"You're sure good at words, Tae-shi, but you didn't have to pull out that stunt.." Hanna wailed. 

"I'll do everything it takes. That's my way of life." Kim Taehyung replied without second thought. 

"Probably, you should be honest too, Hanna Unni." The maknae said with that dangerous low tone voice. But, Kim Junmyeon still able to hear, word by word. His mind tried to digest the subtle meaning behind the remark made by the youngest. 

If he got it right, he could say that Hanna was hiding something from him. 

But Hanna remain silent. She only replied back with her sharp piercing gaze as if to instruct the maknae to shut himself up. 

The bitter truth probably was thunderstorm that mercilessly struct her heart, as he noticed how her immaculate composure changed into furious, although in the form of silence. 

"You're the one who left here. I love you forever, Hanna Unni. You're my favourite. "

With that final words, Kim Taehyung left them alone. Hanna just stood there, dumbfounded by the whole situation. She tried to hold he tears as she clentched her own knuckle and bit her own lip, the very tell tale sign of heartache. 

Indeed, truth is too much hurtful. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day was a new day for him. He came as a new person. He came as a real Kim Junmyeon, no longer hiding behind the shadow of kim Junhee. 

"Omo, look likes we have a new worker here," Kristal told the other female staff. 

"I think you kinda remind me of Kim Junhee. You look very identical to each other..."Seulgi seemed wondering a bit before continuing. "Ah, wait you're her twin brother right? Must be that way." She giggled softly. 

"Erm, my name is Kim Junmyeon. Actually, Kim Junhee and kim junmyeon are the same person. And I don't have any sibling." He clearly explained. 

"Woah, we didn't even notice that you're a man back then may be because of your small body. Really you're prettier than all of us."

Kim Junmyeon felt flustered. Even beautiful girls likes them thought he was prettier than themselves. He was unsure whether he should be proud of himself or not. 

"Hahaha, what you're talking about . All of you are really beautiful, " kim Junmyeon tried to hide his embarrassment. 

"Even as a man, you're so beautiful," the praised came from Jessica this time. 

Kim Junmyeon felt more than grateful that all of the girl can accept him for who he was. They didn't freak out even a bit or throw that kind of disdain look. 

"Hey guys. Guess who we have here?" Kristal excitedly waving at the Park Chanyeol and Kim Taehyung.

The duo joined their table talk. There was no customer at this moment, a very rare situation actually. Kim Taehyung sat besides Kim Junmyeon while Park Chanyeol facing him. 

"Junhee unni?" The Happy Virus asked back. "Woah, even in short hair cut, you look stunning.." he enthusiastically added.

"His name is Kim Junmyeon, just call him Jun-hyung.." Kim Taehyung corrected the giant. His hands spreaded along Kim Junmyeon shoulder as he draw himself even closer to the elder. 

Park Chanyeol's eyes went even wider, it seemed can prop out from the socket any time sooner. But, Kim Junmyeon already expected this kind of reaction. He just politely nodded to confirm the maknae's remark earlier. 

"Jun-hyung?  His tone kind of questioning about something." Jun is cute. Cute name for cute person.."Park Chanyeol widely smiled at him. "Do you have any girlfriend? If not, my offer still available.."

 Kim Junmyeon knew Park chanyeol was joking, but still it made his heart rentlessly flinched unconfortably.

"I'm interested with someone. I already confessed to her but I'm still waiting for her answer." He admitted with gloomy voice.

"It's okay Jun -hyung." Kim Taehyung lightly rubbed his back. 

"Hwaiting Jun-hyung." All of them cheered him up almost in unison.

 

 

 

 

 

Second turn to minute, then turn to hour, then turn to day, turn to week, turn to month. Nothing had happened. Still no reply. 

At thid point, Kim Junmyeon already reached his limit. He made his mind up to give in. There was no way Hanna would love him back. He was about to write resignation letter despite the fate that he loved his current workplace. 

He was talking to krystal, when he spotted some customers leaving a table, so he excused himself to collect the dirty plates and cups. 

After he loaded his tray with the dirty chinaware and wiped the table clean, he took the tray and headed toward the kitchen. One moment he was still walking, the next moment he was about to fall, but some pair of large hands securely hold him by his narrow waist. "Careful, careful hyung.." he heard some raspy voice murmured straight to his ear . He caught a glance of helping hands. 

It was Park Chanyeol after all. 

Nevertheless, they unable to save the utensil as the chinaware dropped straight to the floor. He already passed the critical moment, but the giant still held him as if he was the most precious thing in this world.  Kim Junmyeon thought it was longer than necessary. 

"Auw, you guys look so cute together, " Kristal chuckled likes a fandom. 

"Omo, you're so right kristal. How come we didn't even notice this before?" Seulgi commented. 

Kim Junmyeon felt mortify by their antic.  They didn't bother to offer any help but instead, giving unnecessary comments. He just looked down at the floor, noticing the mess he had done. 

"It's okay, hyung. We can buy the new sets. The most important thing is your safety. Hyung, you're irreplaceable, for us, and most importantly for someone." The giant comforted him. He was naturally good at that. Kind of different from the maknae who has could cause any sort of fatality. 

"Owh my god. What we are doing here? We should help them out, " Seulgi hammered at their own behaviour. "We are sorry oppa, because just now, we were overwhelmed by the cuteness." Seulgi clumsily apologized. At the same time, all other female staffs moved to the scent. He was annoyed at first but later he felt it was rather endearing. He  found himself never able to be fully mad at them. 

"But Jun-hyung and Chanyeol-shi looked so cute together as a couple, " Jessica who clean the mess up still wanting to reason out. 

"Kim Junmyeon is mine."

Soft, but at the same time loud and clear. That voice came all the way from behind them. 

The entry sound so dramatic indeed.Every one turned around but no body dare to say anything.  Afterall, the possessive voice belong to was none other than their lady boss. 

"Kim Junmyeon is mine, " Hanna re-emphasized, with her foreram securely wrapped around his arm. 

"Woah, Hanna Unni, we don't know you're that possessive. But, don't worry too much, nobody would ever dare to take him away from you." Jessica teased. 

Kim Junmyeon blinked his eyes several times as he still confused with the current situation. 

Is that a real love confession?  

Or just a claim of possession?

He  wanted to got it right and did not want any misunderstanding to happen later on. 

Hanna seemed to read his mind though. 

"If you still confuse , it was a 'yes' back then, and it's still a 'yes' now. I love you, Jun." Hanna finally opened her heart up.

Myriad of emotion flooded in Kim Junmyeon as he lock his eyes with the other pair of doll orb. The eyes still sparkling beautiful, but they shone hope. There was a sound of cat calling but none of them gave a damn as the feeling of sureal enveloped both of them. 

 

 

 

 

Kim Junmyeon and Hanna finally became an official couple. Their relationship was well approved by all staffs worked at Exodus. 

A couple should do a couple thing right? In this couple of months, to be exact, 4  months, they had dated several times already. They hold each other's hands likes a normal couple would do when they were walking around the city. They watched several movies together, poking at each other's popcorn. They also even spent some time together for simple picnic at the small park, just enjoying each other's presence.

But whenever he asked for romantic moment, Hanna just turned away, looking all flinched and insecured. 

"I'm sorry Jun. But i'm not ready yet.."

He heard that several times and kind of typical answer. 

It was just for a kiss and it should not be anything. But yet Hanna freak out likes hell, the overeaction was real. 

May be, just may be because of her innocent look, masking his better judgement of demanding better explaination. 

For Kim Junmyeon, Hanna was too precious. He really wanted to handle her with so much care and tenderness. 

That kind of trivial thing can wait. Yes, he should wait patiently for Hanna till she was all ready. 

-

Kim Junmyeon was deep in his own thought when somebody called him out. Hanna rarely called her staff to meet het unless something urgent. He suddenly felt rush of nervousness as he knocked the entry door. 

"Come in.."

It was not Hanna's voice, but still melting soft in Kim Junmyeon's ears. To say it was totally not Hanna's was also wrong. It still got some of her vibe in it, but more toward man's kind of voice. 

He entered the room, felt totally relieved by the sight in front of him - still the same person, the lady boss, Hanna. 

"I love you even before you stepped in to work in this cafe.." 

Word by word passed his auditory canal, but he found it was a real struggle to figure the real meaning behind those passing words. His mind was all haze. 

"I love you since the first time we had met each other around  14 years ago, " the owner rephrase the words. 

Sudden surge of realization sparked to him likes a lightbulb. He felt likes his legs was impending to give away anytime sooner.

So the real person who was sitting in front of him right now is...

"You're free to make your own decision after hearing me out. I love you Jun, more than anything. I'll give you my all. I've created this place just for you. So, please continue working here.." he pleaded. 

"So you're.." Kim Junmyeon found himself unable to say that name for some reason. 

" Yes, my real name is Luhan. Xi Luhan." The owner of the cafe gently removed the wig and glasses.  Luhan had a short, brunette hair. 

 Kim Junmyeon felt an emotional outburst of wanting to run away from the truth. There was no way he could face it right now. The thing he despise the most-  fall in love with the same gender happened straight in front of his face. 

But he held dearly to his own life principle. He can not be  a jerk after his own love confession. He was the one who initiated it. Now, he should be responsible for his own words.  Although, there was a mistake in it, in which he didn't know the whole truth.

"The person whom I'm in love is Hanna. Not you, Luhan." Kim Junmyeon mumbled as his voice felt constricted. 

"But i'm Hanna and Hanna is me."

"You're just day dream Luhan. Please stop it before you hurt yourself." Kim Junmyeon stammered.

"I'm sorry for not being truthful enough, no I mean I've lied to you all this while. But the moment we've spend together is real, my feeling for you is real, there is no lie in between. I love you then, I love you now. I love you in your Junhee form, and I love you in your Junmyeon form."  Luhan was panting heavily as he expressed his own heart feeling. 

The words was a total bittersweet. Kim Junmyeon's heart trembling, felt all touched by the sincerity of love confession coming deep inside Luhan. 

 "I love you for who you are..." Luhan finally muttered. 

And Kim Junmyeon loved Luhan too, but he wanted to deny every litle bit of it's existence in his heart. 

"Snap this out Luhan. You even didn't make any sense. You're cheating yourself. You're cheating both of us." Kim Junmyeon emotionally outrage as he stomped out from the room, leaving behind who was still dumbfounded. 

 

 

 

Kim Junmyeon sank himself down on the bed room once he returned home. The loud thud sound  was produced as he lied horizontally against the soft mattress, with all of his four limbs sprawled out. Literally, his mind and body felt burdened with what had happened earlier during the day. 

His eyes fixated at the ceiling absent  mindedly. Nothing in his mind. No he did not want to think of anything. 

"Hey, what's up Jun hyung,?You look miserable today." Kim Jongdae asked concernly. 

"Yeah. I am. I up today, Dae-shi." Kim Junmyeon groaned. "So, that's girl is actually a guy. So I actually fall in love with a guy. " he mumbled sheepishly. 

Kim Jongdae rose his trademark eyebrows. "So, is there any problem with that?" 

"What do you mean by that question? Of course there is a problem. You don't even have to ask." 

"But he is still the same person right? Did something really changed about him after he over with his crossdressing stuff? Nothing right,?" He asked the elder. 

"Yeah..".

"May be he had a fair amount of mistake, he should be honest to you earlier, but at this moment, I think it's the best for you if you able to reflect your own self." Kim Jongdae advised. 

 "But, I can't lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter