Second Call

Fast Pace

Series of knocks woke up the sleeping Jihoon. He massaged his arms that were feeling heavy.

"Jihoonie hyung? Dinner's ready. Seungkwan told me that you weren't able to eat your breakfast, we're afraid that you did not ate lunch, too."

Jihoon opened their bedroom's door to see the person who were knocking and waking him up.

"You are here now, Mingyu. What time is it?" Jihoon said while scratching his neck.

"It's past 8 o'clock already hyung. Come downstairs and we'll eat together with Seungkwan. I'm actually waking you up for good thirty minutes now but you did not."

"Why would you knock on our own bedroom, Mingyu? You can disturb my sleep, no need for special treatment." Mingyu just kept his mouth close. They went on the kitchen---not actually a kitchen since their cabin's like a studio type unit but having a single bedroom only consisting of bunk beds.

They saw Seungkwan getting a pitcher of water from the small fridge beside the bathroom.

"Let's eat now my hyungs. I'm so hungry geez." Seungkwan retort. The chairs were around the circular table, that sometimes are their study table. But for now, food for stomach is served.

After they finished eating, they went to their bedroom to rest.

"I can't even believe those people from our department!" Mingyu blurted out.

"Why?! They still believe you are handsome even if you are not?" Seungkwan said and laughed.

"Hey Seungkwan how could you? I'm handsome and even the hell would be ashame in my hotness!" 

"Nope Mingyu, the hell's sea of fire would die because of the monsoon-like vanity!"

"You're stupid, aren't you? If you would wind the fire it'll lit up more! Think before you speak, okay?" Jihoon just laughed on the two kids bickering in front of him. Tom and Jerry. The two also laughed because of the way they tease each other. That's how comfortable they are since it was like their routine for everyday.

"Ne, Jihoon hyung how's your practical examination?" Seungkwan asked.

"You are asking the obvious, duh, of course Our Jihoonie hyung here did the best among all! Come on!" Mingyu proudly said.

"My teacher said it's good. That I went beyond her expectations." The two gasp even they hear it every time on Jihoon. They were still amazed on how good their hyung is.

"Speaking of good, Jihoon hyung, Wonwoo's brother liked the song! I'm so happy and proud!" Mingyu told Jihoon.

A week ago, Mingyu brought Wonwoo in their cabin for them to meet. Wonwoo told them that his brother's getting married and they're still having a trouble to find a composer and lyricist of a song.

Seungkwan then mentioned that Jihoon is a great guy, a music prodigy as they say. Wonwoo asked Jihoon to compose a wedding song for his brother and will pay a professional fee for his service in return. Jihoon later accept the offer because he also want to help plus the fee he could get.

After two days, Jihoon finished the song and hand the digital and hard copy to Mingyu to pass it to Wonwoo and Wonwoo showed it to his brother.

"His brother said the song was too good! Like it really portrays how he loves his soon-to-be-wife!" Jihoon smiled at Mingyu, "Is that so? I'm happy for them." 

"Yay! And Hyunwoo hyung will just deposit the money on your account, just PM it on this account." Mingyu fished on his pocket and hand Jihoon a card.

Jeon Hyunwoo

hyunwoojeon@69. (why email protected lol)

He read. Not that Jihoon looks up unto the money. Music also became his moneymaker for him to have extra money aside from the allowance his parents give.

"See? Jihoon hyung is great! I wish I was in the same department with hyung. I should have chosen Music than Broadcast Communication." Seungkwan act sad: it is obvious though.

Mingyu, a naïve one feel to contemplate Seungkwan. "Why Seungkwannie? Is their any problem in regards of school?" 

"No Mingyu hyung. It's just that everybody, yes, everybody's having a crush on me because I'm too fab, cute, lovable, adorbs, sassy... Like seriously? I can't focus!" Mingyu hit Seungkwan's nape in disbelief. "Hey I thought you were serious! I believed what the heck!"

"Whatever." Seungkwan rolled his eyes. Jihoon just laughed at them. Do you notice that Jihoon always laugh at them?

"Alright guys, I'll be sleeping now. I'm too tired for today." 

"Yeah hyung, sleep well good night." Mingyu and Seungkwan said and Jihoon drifted to sleep.

 

 

The next day Jihoon woke up by 11 o'clock. It's just good since his classes will start at one o'clock. Seungkwan and Mingyu's classes are at nine so he was left alone in the cabin.

He searched for his phone to send his bank account number to Jeon Hyunwoo for the latter to deposit his money. 

"You're there." Jihoon retort when he saw his phone under the bed. He was surprise to see 14 missed calls and seven messages. Maybe mom?

But no, it was from the unregistered number. At first he's confuse who 'it' will be and he realized someone named 'Hoshi' called him last night.

He check the messages he received, all from the Hoshi guy.

 

6:09 am

Good morning babe ;)

 

8:13 am

Jihoonie my fluffball are you still asleep?

 

8:14 am

Or dreaming of me, perhaps? (;

 

8:35 am

I miss you :'(

 

10:10 am

Oh my name!

 

10:15 am

Ireonaaaa ヽ(*´з`*)ノ

 

10:46 am

I miss you, Lee Jihoon.

 

He was about to reply when the unregistered number flashed on screen, calling.

"What the heck in the world is your problem!" Jihoon snapped.

"Oh, my ears! I just missed you Jihoonie, don't you miss me?" The guy on the other line said.

"I don't! I don't even know you! Get lost!"

"Ouch! You messed with my ears now you messed with my heart. But it's just fine, you can mess with my heart, it's yours. Hihihihi." Jihoon shivered on how cheesy the guy is. Eww.

"I want to mess with your face instead, I'll hit you with my guitar. Tell me when."

"You're too noisy when it comes to me when you aren't in person. Should I celebrate my baby?" Jihoon felt Hoshi smirked. He just know.

"How come you know me?!" 

"I'll tell you next time, babe. For now I just want to greet you good morning. Be safe, too, okay?" Hoshi dropped the call and it left Jihoon's mouth hanging, literally.

Who that person might be?

---

Note: I just realized that curse words were automatically removed so I avoid using those from now on.