Warmth One-Shot

Inseparable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word count: 3118

If you think Jihoon is in a bad mood right now, then I guess you’re correct.

But then again, he’s always in a bad mood, right?

Jihoon stormed into the practice room where Junhui, Chan, and Vernon were hanging out. He slammed the door, profusely and groaned, “I am so done with them!”  

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Chan asked in concern. Jihoon will never be like this if something happened. “And who’s ‘them’?”

“Mingyu and Wonwoo, duh.” Junhui answered while he rolled his eyes. “Anyways, what happened?”

“What happened? Nothing happens between them!” Jihoon sighed in exasperation. “Why can’t they just admit that they like each other?”

“Because they’re dumb and oblivious.” Vernon answered. The black-haired placed his phone down and crossed his arms. “If they already knew their feelings for one another, they would already shout it to the whole world.”

“What happened, really?” Chan asked, properly and tried to avoid how Vernon talked because Vernon is mean, and Chan knew he isn’t like him.

Jihoon explained to them that he and Wonwoo were just submitting their lyrics to BUMZU for the finalization of the song with Mingyu on tow, and then the two began flirting talking and ignored Jihoon, who felt the need to throw up. However, for Jihoon, that’s not the main problem. The real problem here is:

One: Mingyu and Wonwoo aren’t dating.

Two: They are not dating.

And three: It’s obvious that they both fell for each other already and it’s also obvious they just don’t want to admit it. But still, they are not dating.

Junhui furrowed his brows and palmed his forehead, “Don’t worry, I’m also enough with their s.”

“So, how are we going to get them together?” Soonyoung popped out of nowhere and right in front of Jihoon.

“Gah—Kwon Soonyoung, what the ?!” Jihoon started to hit Soonyoung with the nearest thing his hand could hold.

“Stop it, Ji!” The taller tried to avoid Jihoon’s strikes by hiding behind Junhui. “Jun, save me!”

“Save yourself,” Junhui shook himself from Soonyoung’s grasp and strode towards Chan. “As for me, I’ll be beside Channie.”

“It’s Dino, you .” Chan took it back. He’s only mean to Junhui since this boy deserves it.

“I’m your hyung, shut up and respect me.”

“Hah! You don’t deserve any respect at all, Junhoe.” Vernon shouted across the room but winced in pain when Junhui threw a hard throw-pillow towards his direction.

“As I was saying, so what will we do with those two?” Soonyoung took a whiteboard marker, before he flipped the board and revealed tons of indecent drawings that, presumably, Jeonghan doodled. Soonyoung sighed while Junhui laughed, as he watched the younger erased the unwanted scribbles. “Anyways, so how will we even get them together?”

“Impossible.” Junhui scoffed.

“Nothing’s impossible.” Soonyoung remarked, and wrote on the board with a fast and ugly Hangeul writing that said, ‘OPERATION: HOW TO GET MINGYU AND WONWOO TOGETHER???’ He faced the rest, and asked, “Any suggestions?”

“I think we should call the rest before we could talk about this.” Jihoon told them. “It’s better if we can talk about this in the day-off, since Mingyu is going out with his family and Wonwoo will visit his parents in Changwon and probably fetch Bohyuk on the way. Besides, no one really has a huge plan this break besides from them.”

“But break starts tomorrow!” Soonyoung whined, and he stomped the floor like a child.

“Don’t be impatient, hyung.” Vernon commented. “Jihoon-hyung is right. Tomorrow, we can talk about it with the rest for the whole day.”

“Fine, whatever.” Soonyoung erased the board once again and drew one phallic drawing on the board. “But I’ll still be leading tomorrow.”

“Deal.” They all agreed in unison.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, I have a question.” Chan raised his hand before they could all continue what they were really doing a while ago. “Were you the ones drawing those?”

“No, I just wanted to show Jeonghan-hyung that he’s not the only one who can draw freely here by himself.”

“You’re disgusting.”

×

Jihoon watched Soonyoung who was talking with Wonwoo. The latter was too busy packing his clothes for his leave, and he kept on saying not to miss him too much or something at that sort. Jihoon smirked, in triumph before he exited to go to his studio. As soon as he arrived, he opened his phone and texted Vernon.

To: Vernon
What time will Mingyu leave?

 He settled down his phone on the table and the computer, but his phone ringed, shortly.

Fr: Vernon
He said he’ll leave by an hour. He’ll meet up with his sister and they’ll leave together.

To: Vernon
Great. Did you tell the others?

Fr: Vernon                                                                                                          
Nope, but Channie told me he’ll be the one doing it.

Jihoon exited Vernon’s message and searched for Chan on his phone before he entered a new message.

To: Dinosaur
I heard from Vernon that you told the rest.

Fr: Dinosaur
I did, but I haven’t told Seokmin-hyung since I know he’ll mess up.

Fr: Dinosaur
I’m glad Soonyoung-hyung didn’t manage to say anything to Wonwoo-hyung.

Jihoon let out a mocked laugh. A while ago, Soonyoung almost spilled the beans but, fortunately, Wonwoo bought the explanation the elder clarified.

To: Dinosaur
Well, he almost did.

Fr: Dinosaur
him.

To: Dinosaur
Ew, no. I would rather not to.

Fr: Dinosaur
Oh my god, hyung! Not literally.

Jihoon could only chuckle. He settled his phone down once more and cracked his knuckles. ‘Time for work now.’

×

Vernon eyed Mingyu as the boy prepared for his leave. He was too busy talking nonsense while he packed his things. Jihoon had messaged him a while ago, and he was expecting a reply, but like what Junhui said, “Don’t expect. Because if you do, you’ll only get your hurt.”

Vernon sighed and asked, “Hyung, DMK?”

“DMK?” Mingyu raised a brow, while he closed his luggage.

“DMK!” Vernon groaned. His hyung is so not updated. “Date, marry, kiss!”

“Oh…” Mingyu nodded slowly and grinned slightly. Stupid. “So, what will I do?”

Vernon inwardly grumbled. “Choose who’ll you date, marry, and kiss in Seventeen.”

Mingyu stopped for a while to think, and finally zipped the end of the zipper before he began, “Uh…. Kiss Jeonghan-hyung,” Mingyu sat down on the floor after he knelt down for so long. “Date Haohao.”

“And?” Vernon hoped that what he’ll say next is—

“And marry Seungcheol-hyung.” Vernon’s smile faded and rolled his eyes.

Yup, Junhui was right. Don’t ever expect because all your high hopes will crumble. “Why him?” He decided to ask.

“He’s cool and great.” Mingyu shrugged. Vernon frowned and stood up from the bed.

“You know what,” Vernon started, “I’m done and I’m leaving.”

But before he could even leave, he heard Mingyu spoke, “But if I have a chance to be with someone until the end, it’ll probably be Wonwoo-hyung.”

Vernon secretly bit down a smile before he spoke, “Whatever.”

×

After the rest of Seventeen bid their goodbyes to the two, the proceeded back to the living room where Hoshi and Junhui had set up a presentation for their operation. They eleven boys sat down to their preferred seats, may it be on the floor or on the sofa. Junhui took the remote control of the air conditioner and changed the temperature. He, then, sat down beside Seokmin, and placed his arms around him and Minghao.

“Ew, hyung, get away from me.” Minghao pushed away, and stood up to seat next to Jisoo. Seokmin rolled away too and left Junhui smirking before he cro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter