Kiss One-Shot

Inseparable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word count: 2,685

It’s been a month since Wonwoo and Mingyu last saw each other. After finals, they had their Christmas break and Wonwoo wanted time to go faster. However, he stopped when he thought who he was in Mingyu’s world. They didn’t say anything about being lovers. They’re not even friends! He didn’t know if he could even classify them as acquaintance after all the intimate actions they’ve been doing. So, what are they?

Wonwoo sighed. He was frustrated that he didn’t know who he is in Mingyu’s life. Wonwoo wanted to ask the boy but he was afraid that he might be jumping into assumptions. There had been a lot of things he wanted to clarify; all of them related to Mingyu, and he wanted to solve all of them already. He also missed the sweet kisses. He missed the warmth of it but most of all, he missed Mingyu.

He shook off the thought and slapped both of his cheeks, a bit louder than he thought.  What is going on with you, Jeon Wonwoo?

×

For the first time since he first entered college, Wonwoo never felt this giddy when classes resumed. He couldn’t wait to see his friends. (His friends, not someone under the name Kim Mingyu.) He was in Jeju with his family for an outing the whole break and he envied his three best friends who bragged about the fact that they ice skated with a certain tall boy. Wonwoo was definitely not jealous.

His first class is Biology, which since he didn’t manage to fix his schedule and he blamed the university for having a “first come, first serve” policy. Nevertheless, heaven’s gates apparently opened for him when he saw Mingyu sitting on one of the chairs.

Wonwoo couldn’t help but smile and he sat down behind Mingyu since it seemed like someone is beside him. He hoped that the boy noticed him, but frowned when the latter didn’t even look back. Wonwoo wondered why, but then again, maybe Mingyu didn’t see him, since the boy drowned himself with the music that covered his entire attention through the earphones he was wearing.

But I bumped his table hard enough for him to notice.

Wonwoo felt bitter and he didn’t know why he suddenly felt dejected even though it’s the start of the day. Maybe the heaven’s gates didn’t open. Maybe I was just hallucinating.

Wonwoo just wanted Mingyu to notice him now.

×

When Wonwoo founded Mingyu during lunch, he felt happy. He saw Mingyu staring at him, and he smiled softly. However, Mingyu didn’t approach him or smiled back. Wonwoo watched the boy turned around and went up to his own table, leaving Wonwoo curious and unhappy. What did I do?

Wonwoo really missed those kisses.

 

 

 

Hell, he missed Mingyu.

×

“Mingyu?” Wonwoo approached the tall boy. There were just a few people in the classroom, and one of them is the boy he was looking for.  When the latter looked up from his chair, he asked, “Can we talk?”

Mingyu suddenly glanced around before he stared down. Wonwoo watched as Mingyu stood up and took his back.

“Look at the time!” He glanced at his wrist, before saying, “Sorry, hyung. I need to go.”

With that, the younger exited the room and left Wonwoo. Wonwoo felt like a deflated helium balloon. He thought that if he initiated the act, Mingyu will start talking to him like usual (Bonus, if he gets kisses too.) But what did Wonwoo do to make Mingyu like this? And how he acted, Wonwoo knew there is something wrong. Wait—

 

Mingyu wasn’t wearing a watch, was he?

×

“Is he alright?” Soonyoung asked, as he stared at Wonwoo, who had been spacing out since lunch time.

“Nope, he lost his soul since this morning.” Jihoon answered.

“Actually, I think he looks the same.”

“Junhui, you son of the devil, you’re not helping.”

Wonwoo sighed and rested his face on his arms. He muffled out a sound that said, “You, three, are not helping at all.”

The three knew what this meant. Wonwoo never looked this tired or drastic, and this got them worried. Jihoon, being the most responsible friend, spoke first. “Won, you okay?”

When he didn’t get a reply, Soonyoung sat beside him and patted him on the shoulders, “Dude, you look dead. Did something happen?”

Wonwoo didn’t know if he should say it. The fact is, it is a funny problem that Wonwoo shouldn’t even care about, but it to have mixed feelings for someone you don’t even know well. So, Wonwoo decided to settle with a, “It’s a long story.”

However, the boys didn’t seem like they will give up soon. Junhui spoke up and told him, “We have the whole free cut for that long story. And knowing someone like you, you’ll go directly to the point.”

Junhui was correct, though.

After a lot of convincing, Wonwoo decided to tell them the truth. “It’s stupid. Really stupid.”

“What’s more stupid? Your story or me and Seungcheol fighting over which ice cream flavour should we buy?” Jihoon tested.

“I don’t know. You and Seungcheol –hyung fighting over ice cream and the fact that you don’t call him ‘hyung’ is stupid.” Wonwoo responded.

“He doesn’t deserve my respect, shut up.”

“Moving on,” Junhui butted in, as he slammed the table. “What is this ‘stupid problem’ you’re facing that it looks like your life depends on it?”

“For your information, Wen, my life doesn’t depend on it.” Wonwoo snickered. “And besides, you’ll just laugh at me.”

“Just tell us already!” The three said in unison.

Wonwoo scanned the area. He didn’t want Mingyu to hear what he’ll say, and he wanted to make sure no one eavesdrops.  He muttered, “It’s Mingyu.”

“Yo, Jeon. I can’t hear you.” Junhui threw a crumpled plastic wrapper of the straw he used.

“It’s Mingyu.”

“Still can’t hear you.”

“Oh my God, Junhui.” Soonyoung rolled his eyes. “I don’t know if you really can’t hear it or you’re faking it so that the whole world will know Wonwoo is probleming about his boyfriend.”

“First of all, Kwon Soonyoung, there is no such thing called “probleming”.” Jihoon remarked. “You can just say, “Wonwoo is having an existential crisis about his boyfriend!” or something.”

“Mingyu’s not my boyfriend.” With that, he managed to catch the attention of the three.

“What?”

“But, I thought you guys—”

“No, Junhui, we’re not dating.” Wonwoo sighed in disappointment. He wanted to be Mingyu’s but he knew he’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter