Chapter 1

Fated

“ Mom I don’t want to leave!!” I said desperately

 

My name is Lee Ji- eun and I grew up in New York,

 

When I was 13 years old my family moved to Miami, Florida. For me

 

Was hard to get use to new schools and way too hard to make friends.

 

“ Lee Ji-eun!! How many times do I have to tell you I got a good job offer in Korea and we have to move even though you don’t like it.”

 

   We were leaving in two days. Two days were I could say goodbye to my close friends and more important to my best friend. I was really good at singing and my friends decided to meet up and sing all night.

 

I came running downstairs and found my mom in the kitchen.

 

“ Mom am going to go to my friend’s house.” With my mom knowing I wasn’t going to be home until the next day in the morning I quickly got my things and ran out.

 

On my way I got a phone call from my friend Heather; I have known her since I got to Florida and ever since then we’ve been best friends. She’s the type of friend that gives good vibes to the group and it always makes me feel good every time am depressed.

 

“ Hello?” I said

 

“ Are you close?” she asked excitedly

 

“ Yes almost there okay!! Have everything ready.” With that

I hung up and kept walking.

 

I got to her house and herd loud music coming from her house. For a few seconds I stood there thinking of how much I’ll miss them and their music.

When I was about to knock on the door my friend Kevin the craziest one in the group opened the door and came out running screaming pizza.

 

“PIZZA, PIZZA, PIZZA is here!!!”

 

HEY! Calm down you’re going to get hurt” I said a little bit annoyed.

 

My best friend Heather walked out and grabbed my hand and got me inside. Seen all of my friends in one room started to bring tears to my eyes; and just when I was about to cry my other close friend Stephanie came out with a cake on her hands and signing “I will always love you” in her own version.

“ Weee will always looovee youuu” she sang with teary eyes and a big smile.

Right after they stopped I got a piece of cake with my hand and threw it on Kevin’s face. He was so surprise that he put the box of pizza on the table and got cake and threw it and this time it landed on Heather’s face.

 

“ It’s war!!” she screamed energetically

 

In a split of a second we were all throwing cake to each other and laughing. After 3 minutes of playing we stopped and tiredly laid on the floor.

“ Am so going to miss you guys” I said with a sad voice.

 At that moment the bell rang and Stephanie got up to answer the door. From the distance I could hear my friend George laughing at Stephanie’s face full of cake.

 

“ What happened here!?” he said while laughing.

Excitedly Kevin got up and said “ Ji-eun threw cake to my face and that’s were all started hahaha” we all laughed for 10 seconds.

 

After we all ate pizza we started getting prepared to sing. We lasted all night until 4 am when George, Kevin, and Stephanie left, because their parents wanted them home. I sent them away with a hug and a smile on my face.      

 

“Well I guess today Is the last time I’ll be seeing them”.

 

“Don’t say that!! One day we all are going to visit you” Heather said with a warm smile

“Let’s go to sleep tomorrow I have to go home and pack my things” I said while my eyes were fixed on the floor

Heather and I spend almost 1 hour talking about the day we started being friends and how we went to the theme park together and had so much fun. Also, she remembered how we performed in school and everyone liked my voice and the whole music together.

 

“We sure got popular that night” I said excitedly

“Sadly it only lasted a week” she said in a serious tone while she turned her head towards me to have a better looking at my face.

“One day we will achieve our dreams don’t worry” this is me traying to give her a little hope.

 

*Phone ringing*

“Hello?” I asked with a raspy voice

“Ji- eun, is mom. It’s 10AM I need you to come home and start packing. A friend of mine bought the living room furniture and she’s coming to pick it up, so I need you here to help us.” I hung up after telling her I would be on my way after breakfast.

 

After Heather and I ate breakfast she walked me to the door.

 

“Don’t forget me please?” She said almost crying.

 

“I won’t!! Please text me all you can ok!!?” I hugged her and turned around then I felt her fast steps coming towards me.

 

“Wait!”

 

“What happened?” I said with a surprise look on my face

 

“Here” she had her hands opened in front of me with a necklace in them.

 

“I want you to have it. I was going to give it to you last night but you fell asleep.”

 

I started crying and took it. Once I put it on we said good bye again and I kept walking.

It took me 30 minutes to get home.

 

“Am hooommmee!!” I screamed while taking my way to the kitchen.

 

“Nice timing they’re almost here, get change and come down.”

I went to my room and stared at it while I was getting changed

 

“Thank you for all the memories you hold of me in and my best friend”. I kept having flashbacks of my best friend Heather and I listening to music and dancing in front of the mirror.

 

“Lee Ji- eun!! They’re here, come down.”

 

I helped my mom and her friend to move her new furniture to the truck. It was already 10PM when we all finished helping her friend and selling the rest of the house furniture.

 

My mom had an inflated bed prepared on her room for both of us. I got a shower and decided to pack my things since my mom’s friend came and I couldn’t even start. I finished at 12AM and went to sleep.

 

“Good Morning!!” My mom said happily

“Good Morning” I answered her sourly

 

I got ready I put on black leggings, a light brown sweater that had fur around the hoody, and brown boots. I waited for my mom outside with my suitcases. I saw my mom running down the stairs.

 

“Let’s go the taxi’s here” she said in a soft voice while petting my head

 

I walked with her and got inside the taxi while the uber driver was putting our belongings in the trunk of the car.

 

“Well where are you two beautiful ladies heading to?” the driver asked while looking through the mirror

 

My mom excitedly answered him “We’re going to the airport. We’re going to move to Korea!!”

 

The whole trip to the airport my mom and the driver spend it talking and talking without stopping. I was getting annoyed so I decided to listen to music and look out the window. My phone started receiving messages and it was from all my friends.

 

 

 

  • Messages

Heather: We’re going to miss you.

Kevin:  I hope we can all meet up again and and sing.

Stephanie: Don’t forget we’re family come back when you want to.

 

After I replied to their texts I looked out the window and could see the whole airport. My heart started racing more and more while the car was getting near the entrance.

 

The car stopped and the driver turned around and said “Well ladies we’re here! Hope you live a beautiful life in Korea.”

 

I smiled at him and I said thank you at the same time my mom did. He got out of the car to take out our belongings from the trunk while my mom was busy taking out the passports and some money to pay the taxi.

 

“Let’s go honey” my mom said stressfully

 

We got out of the car and too our suitcases. After my mom payed the uber she told me to wait on the chairs while she checks the airplane schedules. She came back and sat next to me.

 

After an hour of waiting we got an announcement to report to the entrance of the plane.

“Passports and tickets please” said the flight attendant

 

My mom smiled at her and showed hers and mine

 

We got inside the airplane and I asked my mom if I could seat next to the window side and she let me.

 

“So we are leaving huh?”