{Part Seven }

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being back at her bedroom didn’t feel as good as she thought it would be. And her staying there, in her parent’s house, was going to be longer than she thought, maybe it was going to be forever.

There was no place for her anymore with Junmyeon’s.

Suddenly, Chaeyoung lost interest in everything. She locked herself in her room, away from her parents and away from him. For a week, trying as hard as she can to avoid Junmyeon whenever he visited.

Why was he still coming over? He should just leave her alone by now.

All the news was talking about your messed-up family, and how you shouldn’t get work into relationships. The video of you and Sumi filled the internet, it went viral faster that your news of cheating. You weren’t only a cheater but also a mistress as they keep saying.

The more you see the news, the more listen to people talking, your blood boiled in your veins. No one knew anything and they were acting like they knew everything.

How they were all on Sumi’s side, when clearly you were the victim?

Another week had passed since she learned about Junmyeon’s proposal to Sumi. After that day, she ran into her mother’s arms like a little kid, crying her heart out. It was difficult to believe it. Junmyeon wasn’t just a friend, or husband or something simple. Junmyeon was something more to her that was hard to explain. He was her everything. He was simply everything she had, even though she didn’t really have him after all.

It hurt to learn about his proposal. It felt like her heart was bleeding. Junmyeon would never use her, yet he did. And the pain was unbearable, it was still fresh and painful.

He didn’t just like Sumi. She wasn’t one of his girlfriends. He wanted to marry her. He just used Chaeyoung to get make Sumi to regret her decision. He didn’t think about their long term friendship, he didn’t think about her feelings for him, and he didn’t think about anything that would hurt and pain her. He only thought about himself.

For the first time, Chaeyoung tasted the real betrayal. It was a bitter and sour taste that didn’t want to leave her system.

Knock knock

“Sweetie…” It was her mom calling behind her bedroom’s door. She made sure to check on her daughter from time to time, begging her to eat something, or to go out of her room and see the sun, but Chaeyoung couldn’t. She just wanted to stay alone.

When Chaeyoung didn’t reply, her mother knocked on the door again as she said, “Your friend is here. Open the door and meet him, honey.”

“My friend?” Chaeyoung scoffed. She made sure her voice is loud enough for whoever was with her to hear it. She was sure it was Junmyeon and he was the last person she wanted to see. In fact, she didn’t want to see him at all. “I’m not going to meet a liar. I’m not going out of my room.”

“It’s not Junmyeon---”

“It’s me, Y/N. Chanyeol. Open the door.”

Chaeyoung froze at the sound of his voice. Hesitating, she got out of her bed as she walked over to the door and opened the lock. As she returned back to the bed and waited for him to get inside without her invitation or without opening the door for him. After a few seconds, as if he didn’t believe she actually unlocked the door, he excused himself in. Chaeyoung couldn’t help but to look at her mother. She saw a hopeful expression on her face. It seemed like Chanyeol was her last hope of getting her daughter out of her room that was like a prison now.

Once Chanyeol was inside, he bowed at her mom before she excused herself and he closed the door behind him.

The room was so dark inside. All the curtain and the lights were turned off, but Chaeyoung still could see Chanyeol. He reached for the light pad before turning it on which made Chaeyoung close her eyes at the sudden source of the lights.

“I thought you were dead,” Chanyeol said, annoyed as he looked at his friend with his hands on his waist. He looked around the room, not pleased by how miserable it was. “This kind of atmosphere is so unhealthy.”

“Shut up.” She whined, not meeting his eyes. “Stop looking around my room.”

“What’s wrong with you?” Chanyeol asked, grabbing a chair to sit on. He sat right in front of her, looking at her who was sitting on her bed, her back pressed on the wall as if she was scared of something. “Are you a little kid? Why are you hiding in your room?”

“I don’t want to see, Junmyeon.”

“So, you just disappear? What about your work? Your fans are worried about you, the company is in a mess because of your childish act.”

“Are you here to snap at me?”

“I’m not here for babysitting, Y/N.”

“You are mean, today.” Chaeyoung pouted, throwing a pillow at him. Chanyeol caught it easily as if she threw a ball at him on the playground.

“Get up, go to the bathroom and take a shower. I’ll wait for you downstairs, get ready.” Chanyeol ordered eyes hard on her. “I’m not letting you destroy your life because you don’t want to see Junmyeon.”

“I’m not---”

“Do it.” Cutting her talking, Chanyeol got up and headed towards the door. He opened the door, before returning to look at her again. “Get up. I will not ask twice”

Chaeyoung groaned, kicking her bed, but Chanyeol ignored her and closed the door behind him. She had no other choice but to do what he told you to do.

~~

Getting in the car, sitting next to Chanyeol on the passenger seat. Cheayoung frowned like a little baby, acting mad for forcing her getting out of the house. However, Chanyeol knew how to handle her perfectly, he just… ignored her.

“Where are we going?”

“Work. Your album is going to be released next month.”

“What?” Her eyes widened as she straightened her back. “That’s impossible.”

“It’s not impossible. People are talking a lot, and you need to come back soon to shut them down. Or do you want people to think that there is something between you and me for real?” Chanyeol looked at her. Chaeyoung fell silent, she could see how serious he was.

She didn’t disappear because of the rumors. Well, she disappeared for a week, however, this is different. Pouting, she wrapped her arms on her chest as she glared straight at the road.

Everything around her seemed to be peaceful, but her inside was never peaceful. Her heart was beating so fast at the thought of running into Junmyeon of the company building. Her stomach squeezed with nervous and became dry.

A thousand of thoughts ran through her mind. How would she greet him? Hello. Too formal. Hey. Chaeyoung didn’t feel like saying that. Long time no seen. It was awkward. She never had been t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter