{ Part one }

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was more likely a celebration of getting the two companies merge than a wedding party.

Both her parents and Junmyeon’s parents kept talking, laughing with each other and having drinks with their friends whom they invited to the wedding party.

Even though Junmyeon was rich and he was the heir of his father's company, he invested his own small company. An entertaining company for singers and actor. All his high school friends took a part in this company and they worked hard to grow it together.

Chaeyoung liked how independent Junmyeon was. Someone as rich as him could have just enjoyed his parents’ money. But instead, he made a deal with his father to make his own name without his help. She encouraged him. It was a huge step in his life.    

She didn’t invite anyone to this party. She didn’t have friends except for Junmyeon and his high school friends. And they were all here, some looking awkward and the others finding their ways to do business with some businessmen who came to her wedding.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes in disbelieve this looked like a company party.  

“What the hell is Tao doing?” She leant towards Junmyeon who was standing beside her, holding his drink to his lips.

“Business?”

It was so embarrassing to watch him hitting on some older women. He chose the one who looked fancy. She was in her late thirties. Chaeyoung knew her as Ms. Kwan. She owned car company and was the one who gave Chaeyoung's car when she was turned 18 as a birthday gift. 

Tao handed her a drink, with an innocent smile and she accepted it with a sly look in her eyes. He was talking to her, but slowly he started to touch her hair, her arm and then holding her hands. 

Chaeyoung closed her eyes and groaned in frustration. “Oh god, someone makes him stop.”

“That’s how business is these days. He needs a new car anyway.” Junmyeon said, giving her a glance, before emptying his glass. “Don’t you agree?”

She knew exactly what he meant. This. This whole thing. This whole night. He was talking about this marriage. It was business after all. She put her drink down, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. She needed to get out of here.

The more she stayed in there, the more it became suffocating.

She turned to leave for some air, but Junmyeon held her elbow stopping her. “Where are you going?” He had that concerned look as if he was afraid that his words had hurt her.

“Bathroom, I will be back quickly.” Chaeyoung smiled. It took him a moment before nodding.

“Don’t be late.” He smiled back at her, putting his hand in his pocket.

Even though he promised her that they wouldn’t get awkward, things between them were already awkward. It had been awkward since she learned about the marriage. It had been awkward and it was getting more awkward.

And it was out of her and Junmyeon’s hands.

She knew this…. But she couldn’t help but hate it.

“Control them.” She faked an annoying tone as she pointed at Tao, Sehun and Baekhyun. Those three looked as if they came to hunt women. “It’s so embarrassing looking at them. Why are we friends?”

Junmyeon chuckled, agreeing with her. “I know right.”

“I will be right back.”

He nodded once, before she turned and walked outside the hall.

Walking away from the loud music, people who wouldn’t shut up and friends who were having fun in their own world, she entered the back garden of Junmyeon’s house. The wedding party, after the vow of her marriage, took place in Junmyeon’s parent's house.

She remembered that garden. It was full of memories of her and Junmyeon playing around together. They had fought here, made up here and hid here behind the largest tree when she didn’t want to go home and leave him yet. Junmyeon had hid with her, holding her hands while wiping her tears.

“I don’t want to leave.”

“Me too.”

“You aren’t leaving this is your house.”

“But I won’t be able to play if you aren’t here. I don’t want you to leave.”

“Let’s stay together.”

That day her parents had found her and Junmyeon sleeping under that tree. When she had woken up, she found herself in her bed, in her room. Chaeyoung remembered crying the whole day, disappointed that her parents had carried her while she was sleeping.  

She discovered later on that her parents had always waited till the both of them were asleep, so they could carry her back home without causing much trouble.  

Standing by the same tree, she and Junmyeon had hid beneath, she rested her palm over its steam. It was the same, never changing. Rough, hard and strong. She closed her eyes and breathed in the cold air. Hoping that the feeling of the wood underneath her palm would give her strength.  

Chaeyoung wondered how Sumi was at this moment. She was a lovely girl who suited Junmyeon way better than Chaeyoung. She had manners, and she was elegant and pretty. Chaeyoung was always jealous of how perfect she was. 

Even though Junmyeon married her, she was still jealous of Sumi, knowing that she had his heart no matt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter