{ Part two }

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The tension in the atmosphere was too much.

No one noticed it except Chaeyoung and another eleven men (Junmyeon’s friends). They were stealing glances at him and her as if they were expecting something bad to happen. A disaster.

Junmyeon still didn’t move from his place, as Sumi approached him slowly with a small smile on her lips. 

“Hey, Junmyeon.” She said. Her smile spread wider on her face.

“Hey, Sumi.” Chaeyoung said as she stood beside Junmyeon and nudged him. He finally came back to earth as he gulped. He looked nervous, confused and lost. As if the world suddenly stopped and it was just him and Sumi once again. 

He tried to smile, but failed. His jaw tensioned enough for the veins to appear on his neck line. His fist balled beside him as his knuckles turned white.

“What are you doing here?”

“You didn’t invite her?” Chaeyoung regretted the tone she had talked with. She felt sorry that the break up was because of her. But Junmyeon was her husband right now. She hadn't imagined how brave Sumi was enough to show up here.

There was this strong desire in Chaeyoung's chest that she wanted to make Junmyeon forget about Sumi. But Sumi wouldn't give her that chance.  

She had had this desire ever since their first break up. She tried hard to cheer Junmyeon up and to make him forget Sumi, but it didn’t work. He had Sumi disease.

There was a strange feeling inside of Chaeyoung as Sumi was standing right before her. In her wedding. She didn’t want Sumi there. Chaeyoung didn’t want her near Junmyeon this whole year.

Yes, he had been in love with her.  He still was.

Yes, they could be back together in a year.

Yes, they were waiting till this marriage is over, to be together again.

But… He was hers for this year. And she had no plans to share him with anyone.

Why did Sumi come here?

“I got an invitation from your mom. She doesn’t know we were dating anyway. She thinks I am your friend.” Sumi said to Junmyeon, ignoring Chaeyoung's presence. Until Sumi turned her eyes on her, and gave her a look that was filled with disgust and anger. “Things got confused up, and roles got changed.” She returned to look back at Junmyeon. “Anyway, Congratulations. You don’t know how happy I’m for you.”

“We need to talk Sumi.” Junmyeon said, reaching up for her arm.

The gesture broke something inside of Chaeyoung. He didn’t see her. He only saw Sumi.

Before Junmyeon could touch her, she backed away. Her smile dropped, before looking harshly at him. “Don’t. I came here because of your mom. Even if we broke up, I still love your mom and it was a favor.”

“I want you to leave.” Junmyeon said, his jaw tensioned more. “Don’t do this to me.”

“What am I doing to you?” Sumi scoffed. Her eyes watered as if she was at the peak of crying. But she wasn't crying. 

“This.” Junmyeon snapped, surprising Chaeyoung. “Why are you doing this to yourself? Please, leave.”

Chaeyoung had the feelings that he stopped breathing. She hadn't seen him that angry before ever since that time in High school when someone bullied her for being always stuck around with him. Junmyeon didn't get angry easily, he was a calm person and so kind. Seeing him like this, Chaeyoung knew there was no single space for her in his heart anymore.

“No.” She said firmly, shaking her head. “I want to be here.”

“Damn it, Sumi.”

Chaeyoung touched Junmyeon’s arm before his voice could rise. People around them were looking at Junmyeon and Sumi. They kept whispering to each other. Most of them were businessmen, businesswomen and reporters too.

The last thing Chaeyoung wanted was an article about how the ex of the CEO of SUHO Entertainment showed up and blown up the wedding.

She didn’t want an article about how Singer/Actress Chaeyoung married her CEO for money. She didn’t want an article about CEO of SUHO Entertainment having an affair with one of his artists and married her, betraying his girlfriend.

She didn’t want nonsense and scandals. This would make her friendship with Junmyeon getting worse.

Junmyeon looked at Chaeyoung and his eyes widened. As if he just realized that she was beside him. He really only saw Sumi.

“Chaeyoung?”

“People are watching, Junmyeon.” She squeezed his arm, nodding to her side. 

From the way his muscles relaxed underneath her touch, she knew that he realized how dangerous it was. He sighed, looking at the ground.

“Enjoy the party, Sumi.” Chaeyoung said to Sumo, before grabbing Junmyeon and dragging him away from her. He followed her without protesting.

~~

He was silent. He looked at one spot. She lost the track of his eyes. His eyes were wide open, but his mind wasn’t present anymore.

Without asking, she knew he was thinking about her. Because his eyes kept searching for from time to time.

Chaeyoung wanted to scream that he should look at her, and only her. She was the bride and not Sumi. But she couldn’t. She knew her best friend was in a great pain and she couldn’t help him.

Why did they kept hurting each other like this?

“Can you please stop looking for her? Don’t make it obvious”

Junmyeon finally looked at her, before nodding. “Sorry.”

“Are you okay?” She asked, though she wanted someone to ask her that question. To check on her. 

She missed her best friend who always cared about her, who made her smile, who was always by her side. Now, he was thinking of only one person and it wasn't her.

“No, I’m not.” He said, honestly. He was talking to Chaeyoung as his best friend, not the girl who messed up his life. But still the way he looked at her wasn’t the way she wanted him to look at her with. “I’m shocked that she is here.”

“Did you really break up?”

Junmyeon took a moment before nodding. She wondered why he hesitated.

The look in his eyes showed how hurt he was. It took you back to high school. For the time when he liked some girl who didn’t return his feelings. His first love. And her first heartbreak.

Back then, She never thought that Junmyeon would have a girl around him a side of her. Chaeyoung never thought that he would hang out with a girl (that wasn’t her) to win her heart. She never thought that she would feel like this watching him staring at that girl. Feel like her heart didn’t find the strength to beat. She no longer could breathe, all the air suddenly left her lungs and the atmosphere around her. She felt like dying.

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter