{Part Six}

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun rays tickled her skin, waking her up. Opening her eyes slowly, Chaeyoung winced as she caught the sight of the strong light of the sun. A pain shot in her head when she tried to lift herself up on the bed. She threw herself back immediately, on the bed and covered herself with the cover again.

Chaeyoung couldn’t remember anything from last night except for a few scenes that were fuzzy, like bubbles. All she remembered was drinking with Chanyeol, and Junmyeon… He went for a dinner with Sumi and….

Sumi again...

Cursing, she ran her hand through her hair, holding onto it tightly. Did she sleep here alone? Did he stay the night with Sumi? Who brought her back here? Thinking gave her more headache so she decided to stop. It wouldn’t change anything anyway. It wouldn’t change the fact that Junmyeon might have spent the night with Sumi for real.

“You are up?”

Chaeyoung blinked many times, trying to recognize that voice. She didn’t sleep at Chanyeol’s, did she?

Not daring to look up and see who it was, she closed her eyes tightly, pulling the blanket over her head tightly, wishing she could just disappear. It would be so embarrassing if she had really stayed at Chanyeol’s house.

“Who?”

A chuckle filled the room as the bed shifted beside her. Chaeyoung swallowed hard as she felt him coming closer to her. “You didn’t lose your memory, did you?”

A familiar face popped in front her, making her heart skip a beat. He blinked and she blinked, both of their faces were too close, Junmyeon could kiss her at any moment from his position.

“ehm… No… I mean… yes…. Hmm… No, but yes…. I don’t remember what happened yesterday.” Chaeyoung stuttered as she tried hard not to lock eyes with him. She had never expected him.

Her cheeks felt so hot as if they were on fire, trying hard not to close the gap between her and him.

Junmyeon pulled away from her with a smile on his face, as if this moment never happened. A breath she didn’t realize she were holding, skipped as her heart didn’t stop racing.

“You drank a lot, yesterday.” He said, helping her up and put pillows behind her back so she could lean on them comfortably. “Here, have some medicine.” He put two tables in her hand and handed her a glass of water.

Chaeyoung stole a glance at him, trying to study his expression. What did he think of her after getting drunk to this point? “What happened? How did I get here?”

“You really don’t remember, do you?”

“No. Did I do something stupid? I was drinking with Chanyeol. That’s all I remember.”

Junmyeon’s smile flattened as he stood on his feet. “We left him in that bar. If you wanted to have a drink, why didn’t you contact me?”

“You went on a date with Sumi. What happened?” She gasped as she realized what happened. “Don’t tell me I ruined it for you. I’m so sorry, Jun.”

Blinking at her, he frowned a little bit. Chaeyoung could tell that he wasn’t pleased. Did she ruin it so badly? “It doesn’t matter. You are more important, anyway.”

Taking a deep breath, Chaeyoung tried to adjust to Junmyeon’s words. “But she is your---”

“You are my wife. Of course, you are more important. I’m sorry for being stupid. I’m sorry for not recognize your feelings, sooner.”

The way he looked at her, made the hair on her neck stand up. Her breath hitched as butterflies filled her stomach and heat crept all over her skin. It was strange sensation, strange feeling to hear him calling her “His wife” so beautifully like this. Chaeyoung wondered if it was hot today, or Junmyeon’s words was breaking her walls.

Coughing, Chaeyoung looked away, trying to hide her red cheeks. She was about to open to speak, when suddenly the doorbell rang, making both of them frown at each other.

“Who could it be?” She asked, her head rang along with the doorbell.

“I don’t know, let me check.” Going out of the bedroom, Chaeyoung heard the click of the door opening before Junmyeon’s voice appeared again. “Father-in-law, what a surprise.”

A smile grew on Chaeyoung’s lips as she hopped out of her bed. Their voices still clear outside.

“Where is Y/N?”

“She is in the bedroom. Father, is there something wrong?”

Before she could open the door, it snapped open and her father was standing in front of her. His expression was darker than usual, making Chaeyoung frown slightly, wondering what was going on.

“What’s wrong, dad---?” Before she could continue, Chaeyoung yelped when she felt the strong contact of her father’s hand on her cheek.

Everything turned white for a second, before tears filled her eyes. She didn’t move, or respond from the shock. Chaeyoung froze in her place, the words stuck in like pins. What has she done to deserve this? This was the first time her father rose his hands on her. Her heart was tearing apart, as tears burned her eyes.

“Father, what’s wrong?” Junmyeon’s voice panicked as he stood between her and him as a barrier. His eyes widened in surprise and shock.

“I couldn’t raise you. As your father, I’m ashamed to have a daughter like you. How could a married woman do that? Have you never thought of Junmyeon? Your friend who was raised up with you and always loyal to you. How could you betray him like this?”

Junmyeon frowned. “What are you talking about? I think you are misunderstanding something.”

“It’s not only me who knows about you and that producer. The whole world now knows.” Her father took out his phone to show Junmyeon what he was talking about.

Junmyeon pressed his lips together as a big, bold title displayed clearly on the screen. Breaking! Singer Y/N caught cheating after two weeks of her marriage and makes scene in public. Scrolling down through the article there were pictures of her and Chanyeol from last night. There was a photo of her with many bottles of soju in front of her and Chanyeol looking at Cheayoung concerned. Another photo with Chaeyoung leaned on Chanyeol shoulder and another one when Chanyeol was trying to stop her from drinking.

Of course, her father would misunderstand. Of course, he would react that way. It must have shocked him.

“I’m sorry, father. I didn’t take a good care of her. It is my fault, not hers” Junmyeon said, with his head tilted downwards, ashamed of himself.

“No, it’s our fault for not raising her in the right way.”

Everything sounded more like a joke. Chaeyoung was still in her frozen state, refusing to shed tears in front of her father who had always loved her, who was always proud of her. When her father called her name, she looked up at him with teary eyes.

“I’ll take you back home.” Her father’s eyes softened, but his voice was still firm and scary. At that moment, her father probably regretted getting her married this quickly. It was all shown on his face how sorry he was to both them. “I’m sorry son for causing you troubles.”

Before she could say anything or protest, Junmyeon beat her up to it as he said, “I’m sorry, father, but taking Y/N home will only add fuel to the fire. This will cause more problems. I believe in Y/N and I know her well. Nothing of what is written is true. Yes, she was drinking with him, however, they are just friends. Father, you should trust your daughter more. I will clear everything.”

“No.” Chaeyoung said, suddenly, making the two men she loved the most looking at her with wide eyes and disappointment. Even if they had different reasons, both were just… disappointed in her greatly. “I’ll go home, Junmyeon. I need some rest from all of this.”

Fully turning to face her, Junmyeon expression hardened. “What do you mean?”

“People will only believe what they want to believe. Let’s end it here when we have the chance.”

“No. I don’t want to.”

Chaeyoung ignored him as she half smiled at her father who was looking at her with sad expression. “Give me half an hour to get ready, dad. I will follow you soon.” her dad excused himself, waiting for his daughter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter