{ Part Three }

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hot water fell over his body. His muscles relaxed a little bit from all the tension of the day. He never knew it would be that hard. It was more tiresome than a company meeting day. Junmyeon let the water soaking him whole, melting his tiredness and his exhaustion. 

It still felt strange to him.

The ring in his index finger felt so strange. It was heavier than the one he shared with his girlfriend. Like it carried more responsibilities. Real responsibility. Touching it, twisting it around his finger, Junmyeon still couldn't believe that he got married. It didn't feel real.

It was hard to believe it. He couldn't look at Chaeyoung that way, not after he met Sumi. He couldn't do that and forgot about the girl whom he broke her heart. Even though it was over with Sumi, something bothered him.

He felt sorry for the both girls.

Why did he agree to marry Chaeyoung? Was it really to save her family, or just a revenge on Sumi for rejecting his proposal?

He still remembered how excited he was. He wanted to make Sumi his wife, life with her forever. He thought that it would show how much he loved her. Ever after the breakup, he thought he couldn't live without her. There was no future with no Sumi in it. So he made up his mind to propose.

Only that he didn't expect her to break his heart and drew him in a sea of disappointment and sadness. 

"I can't accept this now."

"Why? Don't you love me?"

"I love you, Junmyeon. But I'm not ready for a marriage. I'm sorry."

She wasn't ready.

Then what about him? What about his feelings? He reflected all his actions and the way he treated her in his mind. Trying hard to find any mistake he did. Was is because of Chaeyoung?

But why was Sumi so possessing about her?

Chaeyoung had always been here and nothing happened. If they loved each other, he wouldn’t have dated Sumi in the first place. He was sure that she had no feelings for him. She had Chanyeol after all. Then why was Sumi always annoyed when Junmyeon brought her up? Chaeyoung was like a sister to him.

Was he not enough to her? Did she really love him?

He couldn’t stop thinking. It made him sleep less, it drained all of his energy. Until that day when his parent told him he would marry Chaeyoung.

He couldn’t say no. Why?

He didn’t know himself.

What about Sumi?

He thought she didn’t need him. She rejected him after all and acted as if they were still together. 

Turning over the water tap, Junmyeon looked down at his feet as the water dropped from his hair like rain in front of him. What he was going to do now?

He didn’t think about what Chaeyoung would feel about this. He told her that they would get married for just one year. But would it be as easily as he thought?

A year was a long period. A normal married couple would make their first baby by then. He was sure that it was a stupid move. Just because Sumi rejected him, he was ruining his best friend's life.

He went so far with this.

It won’t be a problem. Everything will be okay.  He thought as he reached for the towel and wrapped it around his hip and another to wipe his hair.

Looking around the bathroom, Junmyeon sighed as there was no sign of his clothes. He probably forgot them over the bed. He always did that. Never ever brought his clothes to the bathroom.

The house was quieter than it should be. Luckily, she wasn’t in the room when he got out of the bathroom. Wearing his clothes quickly, the door suddenly opened.

Their eyes widened as Junmyeon was standing in front of her half with his hair wet. His well-toned body shined as the light reflected the few drops of water remain over his body.  Chaeyoung gulped as her heart skipped a beat that caught her breath.

It wasn’t the first time she had seen Junmyeon shirtless.

He'd always be shirtless when she banged into his room to wake him up in high school days. Their families went to many vacations together so she had seen him in swimming wear. It was nothing, but why was her heart beating like crazy?

Turning around quickly, Chaeyoung closed her eyes tightly, trying to calm down her heart beats. “Sorry.”

Stupid. Why are you nervous? Stupid.

Junmyeon pulled down the shirt, ruffling his hair with the towel. “Why are you looking away? It’s nothing you haven't seen before.”

Clearing , she turned around to face him. Was she blushing or was this room too hot? Her body felt was on fire as if she ran a marathon. “Why didn’t you bring your clothes with you to the bathroom?”

“Sorry, bad habit. I will be careful next time.”

Gulping, not daring to face Junmyeon, she looked everywhere, but Junmyeon. “Do you want to drink something? The fridge is full with many things.”

“Wine.” Junmyeon smiled, and once again her heart skipped another beat.

 Chaeyoung didn't argue with him that he had already drunk a lot. She scolded yourself before turning around and walking out of the room.

You must have gone crazy, Chaeyoung.

Why was her heart beating like this?

It’s Junmyeon. Just Junmyeon. It’s Jun. 

Now that she was married, everything he did, made her nervous. She wasn’t sure how she would live with him, faking marriage. Their parents will probably visit tomorrow, before their honeymoon trip to send them to the airport.

You are going crazy. Stop it. She scolded herself, grabbing a wine bottle and two glasses before returning back to the bedroom that she was going to share with Junmyeon from now on.

Would the two of them sleep together?

The last time she slept over at his house was when she was six years old. It was the first and the last time.

“I’m back.” Chaeyoung said, and Junmyeon smiled at her as he sat on the bed, taking a glass from her. Opening up the bottle, she poured some for him, before going to her glass. This mood was so familiar.

Quiet room. Junmyeon and she. Two glasses and a bottle of wine.

It was the same at that time, when Junmyeon established his first company. He wanted to celebrate it with her in the house he moved to. (He decided to have a complete different life away from his parent.)

He celebrated it with the one who pushed him and gave him courage to do what he wanted. They talked a lot that day. About the future of the company. About how the first artist going to be Chaeyoung, and how this company would be big with hard work and faith. Faith in each other, that they could make it big.

She’d asked him that day. “Why are you willing to make me your first artist?”

“Because it is your dream. You made my dreams come true, I will make yours too. Both of us, together, can do this.”

“But I failed many times.”

“Not on my watch. We'll grow up together. I promise.”

That day, she had been so happy for Junmyeon. Even though she was a little nervous, to be his first artist, she also believed in him. If it was him, she was willing to walk with him on the same path. Whether it was good or bad. 

Because Junmyeon never had let her down.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter