Chapter 19 (Final)

Not According to Plan

Author's Note:

Hi guys,

Wow, I can't believe we're at the end of this story! I honestly can't believe the overwhelmingly amazing response I've had to this story. So many of you have taken the time to read/subscribe/comment/upvote... I honestly can't describe how honored and happy I am! Thank you to each and everyone of you, I love you all!

I'm kinda sad that we're at the end of this story, I finished writing it so long ago but it feels like only yesterday that I started posting it here! Not to worry though, I already have five stories completely written and ready to go (Look out for "Escape" coming up at the end of this week) plus I have a million other ideas to get around to writing once I have some free time/stop being ill. 

Once again, I love you all. Thank you so much for supporting this story and my writing. <3

L xxx

 


For the next few weeks, Yoongi rarely left Alia's side. He was always there to lend her a helping hand, he joked that he had become her right hand man because of her broken wrist. When she finally had the cast removed, he pouted, complaining that he now didn’t have an excuse to feed her anymore. She had just laughed at him and said that she might let him continue feeding her, as long as he didn’t make a fuss about it.

 

 

The police had launched an investigation into the accident, appealing for any witnesses to come forward with any information that could help them catch the person that had hit her car, but their investigation had produced nothing. It wasn’t until a few weeks later that they finally made some progress…

 

 

Alia was sitting on the kitchen counter watching Yoongi cook dinner for the both of them. She snapped a couple of photos of him as he cooked. “Yah~” he said playfully as he approached her, leaning against the counter, her legs wrapping around his hips to hold him in place. “You look so handsome when you're cooking.” She said with a giggle as she showed him the photos. He huffed playfully, “Don’t show them to anyone, I have a reputation to uphold.” He said as he adjusted his apron. She pressed a quick kiss to his lips as her phone rang.

 

Yoongi continued with his cooking while she answered the call. “Yes, I’m Park Alia.” She said, her legs swinging slightly. “What did you say?” she said, her whole body tensing up, catching Yoongi’s attention. He put down his knife and went to stand in front of her. He rested his hands on her thighs, hoping the simple action would give her some comfort as the phone call had obviously shaken her. “Ok, I understand. I’ll go there tomorrow. Thank you.” She said quietly before hanging up, the hand with her phone in it falling into her lap. “Alia? What’s wrong?” Yoongi asked as he took her phone from her and put it on the counter beside her in case she dropped it.

 

“That was the police station.” She said, her voice shaky. “What did they say?” he pressed as he took her hands in his. She her suddenly dry lips. “The person who hit me has been identified.” she said as she looked up into Yoongi's eyes. “It was JaKyung’s mother.” She said, her voice full of disbelief. “What?” he asked, stunned by her words. He had secretly thought that maybe JaKyung had had something to do with her accident, but he had never voiced those thoughts to anyone, especially not Alia. “Apparently JaKyung found out what she did and she felt guilty about it. She told the police that her mother did it.” They stood in silence for a few minutes, both trying to take in the news.

 

Yoongi was the one to finally break the tense silence. He gave her hands a reassuring squeeze. “Look, I know this is a shock for you, but let’s try not to dwell on it, ok? Do you need to go to the station?” he asked, his hands rubbing soothing circles over her thighs. She nodded. “Yeah, they need me to go down tomorrow to sign some paperwork.” She said as she bit her lip, her mind reeling from the information. “What do you think will happen to her?” she asked. He shrugged his shoulders, “Honestly, I don’t know. I’m sure that due to the fact that she has one of the best lawyers in the country she probably won't even have to do any jail time. They might just let her off with community service or something.” He said, hating that he was probably right.

 

She nodded. “You’re probably right.” She said as she shook her head and smiled at him, her hands resting on top of his. “Let’s not think about this. How long is dinner going to be? I'm starving.” She said with a smile. Yoongi smiled back at her and ruffled her hair. “Not too long now.” He said as he quickly kissed her forehead before returning to preparing dinner. He continually glanced back at her, he knew that she was pretending to be ok. He knew that the information had shaken her more than she was letting on. But if she wanted to say she was ok, then he wasn’t going to force her otherwise. He knew that when she was ready to talk about what they had just found out, that he would be there for her. And he knew that Alia knew that as well.

 

She was lost in her thoughts as Yoongi continued cooking. She couldn’t believe that JaKyung’s mother had been the one to crash into her like that, even if she had just been trying to scare her and hadn’t intended on actually hurting her. She wondered if she would need to see JaKyung or her mother when she went to the station. The more she thought about it, the more she didn’t want to see either of them. She wanted to just move on with her life. She looked up at Yoongi as he pretended not to be glancing at her every few seconds. A small, genuine smile made it on to her face. Yoongi always knew when she needed to talk about something and when she didn’t. She knew that as soon as she wanted to talk, he would drop everything to be there for her. She thanked her lucky stars that he was so understanding.

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Yoongi accompanied her to the police station. She was thankful for his support, she wasn’t sure she would have been able to go alone. Her father had offered to go, but she wasn’t sure her father would have been able to keep his temper in check if he happened to see JaKyung’s mother. The police handed her lots of paperwork to sign, and she was thankfully spared from having to see JaKyung’s mother. She enquired about what the punishment would most likely be, but the police hadn’t been able to answer. She figured that Yoongi’s guess was probably correct and that JaKyung’s family’s lawyer was already working on how to keep her out of jail.  

 

When they finally left the station, Alia let out a deep breath. Yoongi slipped his hand into hers. “You ok?” he asked. She nodded. “Yeah, now I finally feel like I can put this behind me and move on with my life.” She said as she leant her head against his shoulder. Yoongi kissed the top of her head and wrapped an arm around her shoulders as he led her to his car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 years later

 

 

Yoongi and Alia sat side by side at yet another wedding, but this time, instead of sitting at the reject table, they were sitting at the main table, all eyes on them as Alia's father gave a heart-warming speech about true love conquering all obstacles. They exchanged a private smile as everyone clapped at the end of the speech. The band began playing as Yoongi and Alia made their way to the middle of the dance floor. Yoongi bowed in front of her before taking her into his arms and moving gracefully across the floor. Alia giggled up at him, “You’ve been practicing.” She commented. He gave her an embarrassed smile. “Jungkook took the initiative to teach me how to dance. He said that he couldn’t let me make a fool of myself at my own wedding.”

 

She giggled again. “Remind me to thank him later.” Yoongi gave her a quick peck, ignoring the cheers from their friends and family members around them as they slowly started to surround them, dragging their own partners along with them. “Can you believe we’re here?” she asked as the song ended, the next one starting up immediately after. He nodded, “I couldn’t imagine my life turning out any other way.” he said making her blush. She slapped his arm playfully. “Cheesy.” She said, a smile fixed on her face as she rested her head against his shoulder, the two of them simply swaying in each other’s arms, ignoring the rest of the people dancing around them.

 

Neither of them could believe that three years ago they had been complete strangers that had met by coincidence at a wedding and now, they were celebrating their own wedding. Their relationship may not have been the smoothest, but no one could deny the fact that the two of them were truly in love. In the end, they were both able to achieve their goal of marrying the person that they loved.