Chapter 11

Not According to Plan

The following week passed in a blur for Alia. She had text JaKyung the day after she had broken up with Yoongi then she had promptly deleted her number from her contacts. As far as she was concerned, she was dead to her. She blocked her on all of her social media accounts, never wanting to see her face again. JaKyung had tried to contact her, acting like nothing had happened between them, but Alia couldn’t bring herself to pretend that she didn’t hate the red head.

 

She hadn’t spoken to Yoongi since she had broken up with him. She checked his social media account every day, he never posted much, but getting to see his face was both a blessing and a curse. There was a party scheduled for the end of the week, one of her father’s business associates was celebrating a special birthday. She had pleaded with her parents to spare her from going, but her father insisted that she attend. The two of them had been furious at her when she told them that she had broken up with Yoongi, but they could tell that she was hurting, so after the initial explosion of feelings, they backed off a little.

 

She looked at her calendar, the party time and location written on it. She frowned, knowing that Yoongi would most likely be there as well. A part of her really didn’t want to see him, but an even bigger part of her was desperate to see him. She wasn’t convinced that she could be able to control her emotions in front of him. She was the one that had broken up with him, it would look strange if she was the one to get upset.

 

 

By the time Sunday rolled around, she had tried every excuse she could come up with to get out of attending the party, but her mother insisted that she attend. As her father’s driver took them to the hotel where the party was being held, she could feel her nerves growing. The dress her mother had forced her to wear wasn’t as elaborate as some of the dresses she normally forced onto her. It was a simple black dress and the heels were mercifully not too high for a change. Even at that, she still felt ridiculous. Her mother grabbed her hand as she fidgeted with her hair for the millionth time. “If you keep doing that you're going to mess it up.” she warned with a smile. Alia smiled back trying to hide her anxiousness.

 

When she entered the hall, her eyes immediately scanned the room, searching out Yoongi’s blond hair, but he was nowhere to be seen. She spotted his friends, Namjoon and Jungkook, both of them waving at her. She waved back but didn’t approach them, she wasn’t sure what the etiquette was for talking to your fake ex-boyfriend’s friends. She forced a smile onto her face as she went around all of her parent’s friends, pretending that she cared about whatever they were talking about, when all she wanted to do was kick off her heels and go home. She spotted JaKyung not long after she arrived, the red hair girl waving and smiling at her as if nothing had happened. She resisted the urge to flip her off, the knowledge that there were photographers everywhere forcing her to keep her cool. She watched as JaKyung made her way over to Namjoon and Jungkook, a huge smile on her face as she went. She busied herself with grabbing a drink and mentally prayed that JaKyung would trip and fall in her stupidly high heels.,

 

She didn’t realize someone was beside her until they cleared their throat to get her attention. She turned around and almost dropped her glass when she saw Yoongi standing beside her. “Your hair…” was all she could say. Yoongi ran his fingers through the newly dyed strands. “I fancied a change.” He said with a shrug. Alia couldn’t help but smile, “Grey, interesting choice.” She said with a chuckle. “It looks good though.” She said and Yoongi smiled back at her. For a moment, it felt like nothing had changed between them.

 

Alia was the first to look away. She looked out at the dance floor at all of the dancing couples. “How have you been?” she asked curiously. “Ok.” He answered. “How about you?” she smiled a little, “I’ve been better. My mum gave me an absolute earful when I told her.” She said with a chuckle. Yoongi nodded, his gaze following her out to the dancing couples in front of them. “Yeah, same here.” He said. Alia frowned. “I’m sorry. I guess this was inevitable though. It was only a matter of time before our parents started asking about our marriage, I guess I didn’t fully think my plan out.”

 

Nor did I consider the possibility of me actually developing feelings for you. She thought to herself as she made eye contact with JaKyung from across the room, the red head glaring at her. “We both didn’t.” Yoongi said, unware that JaKyung was currently on her way towards them. Alia cursed quietly under her breath. “I have to go. It was nice seeing you again, Yoongi.” She said, putting her glass back onto the table behind them before she disappeared into the crowd. Yoongi called out her name, surprised by her sudden departure.

 

 

Alia quickly pushed her way through the dancing couples, not caring who she bumped into. She quickly made her way down the long corridor that led to the furthest away bathroom which was mercifully empty. She went into the bathroom and let out a breath she didn’t realise she had been holding. She heard the door open behind her, she turned around half expecting Yoongi to be standing there like he had during the dinner with his parents. His name was halfway out of before she realised who was actually standing in the doorway. “JaKyung.” She said, her tone showing her displeasure at seeing the girl that she had called friend for so many years in front of her.

 

“I saw you. With Yoongi.” JaKyung said in an accusing tone. “So?” Alia said as she crossed her arms. JaKyung’s frown deepened. “What do you mean ‘so’? I told you to break up with him.” She said as she mimicked Alia's pose. “I did break up with him.” Alia shot back. “Then why were you talking with him?” JaKyung asked, her voice rising. “No one ever said that I couldn’t talk to him.” Alia said with a smirk. JaKyung spat a curse at her. “I told you that after you broke up with him, Yoongi is mine.”

 

Alia laughed, “You can’t own him JaKyung. He's a human being. Besides, from what I hear, it’s not like you’ve made any progress with him.” She said, her smirk growing. She still had mutual friends with JaKyung who had confided in her that she had tried to set up a date with Yoongi since she had broken up with him, but he had rejected her each time. A blush covered JaKyung's face. “Shut up!” she shouted. “What do you know? At least when I'm with Yoongi it will be for real!”

 

Alia laughed again, “Real? Then what face are you going to show him? The nice but airheaded girl I thought was my friend? Or this face? The one that’s a complete ? The one that spilled my secret that I trusted her with? The one that threatened me and Yoongi unless I did what you said? Which one is the real you?” she asked. JaKyung stepped forward in a flash, lifting her hand and slapping Alia hard across the face. Alia took a step back in shock, her own hand raising to cover her burning cheek. “Did you actually just hit me?”

 

“Yeah, I did!” JaKyung shouted, her chest heaving. Alia laughed, “You’re such a !” she shouted as she pushed JaKyung who stumbled back a few steps before launching herself forward at Alia. The two of them let out screams of anger as they swiped at each other. Alia let out a particularly pained yell as JaKyung grabbed a fistful of her hair and tugged it sharply. She lashed out, striking the red head in the ribs, making her cry out and release her hair. Alia took her chance and pushed JaKyung again, this time the red head failed to keep her balance in her high heels. She crashed to the floor right as someone opened the bathroom door.

 

Alia looked up, surprised to see Yoongi standing there. “What the hell?” he said as he looked between the two girls. “Y-Yoongi.” JaKyung whimpered, Alia was shocked to see tears in her eyes. Yoongi knelt down beside her. “I don’t know what happened! I just came in here to see if Alia was ok after breaking up with you, I know this is the first time you two have met since then and she went crazy! She told me to mind my own business and she started hitting me!” she wailed as she buried her head into Yoongi's shoulder. “That’s bull!” Alia shouted, looking at Yoongi, pleading with him to believe her. JaKyung whimpered loudly from Yoongi's arms, “I think my ankle is broken.”

 

Yoongi looked between the two girls, his gaze finally settling on Alia. “What the hell happened here?” he asked. “She started it! Don’t you see, she’s just manipulating you!” Alia shouted, tears of frustration threatening to fall. Yoongi frowned, “Come on Alia, we both know that JaKyung isn’t that type of person.” JaKyung poked her head out from behind her arms, grinning at her. Alia didn’t know how to counter what Yoongi had said, JaKyung had spent years cultivating an image of a slightly ditzy but harmless girl, but now Alia knew the truth about her but she also knew that no one would ever believe her. “So you think I’m that type of person?” she asked, her voice wavering slightly.

 

At the look of disappointment in Yoongi's eyes, she let her hands fall to her side in defeat. “I think you should apologise.” Yoongi said as JaKyung continued to force out more tears. Alia’s jaw dropped. “Me? I should apologise? No ing way!” she shouted, her emotions getting the better of her. Yoongi frowned at her, “Alia...”

 

“No! Yoongi, you don’t even know what happened here but you're only telling me to apologise? It’s not fair. I didn’t do anything wrong!” she shouted. “There's not even a mark on you.” JaKyung whimpered pathetically, “I don’t know how to fight.” She said meekly, looking up at Yoongi, knowing that her teary eyes would work in her favour. Yoongi slipped his arm under her knees and picked her up. He looked over at Alia who was looking at him desperately. “I thought you were better than this.” He said as he turned to leave.

 

JaKyung wrapped her arms around his neck, smirking at Alia over his shoulder until she was out of sight. Alia resisted the urge to scream as she grabbed the edge of the sink, her knuckles turning white. “. , , !” she shouted as she pushed away from the sink. She attempted to run her hands through her messed up hair, wincing as her fingers tangled in it. She harshly pulled out all of the clips, not caring that she pulled out some of her hair in the process. She threw the clips to the ground before storming out of the bathroom. She called her father’s driver, telling him to bring the car around. She sent a quick text to her mother, telling her that there was an emergency situation and that she had to leave.

 

Her father’s driver didn’t question why she was leaving the party early or why her hair and clothes were in such disarray. She sat in the back of the car, quietly seething with anger. She knew that JaKyung had completely manipulated her. She had probably known that Yoongi was going to appear at the bathroom and that’s why she had messed with her. She had completely fallen into her trap. The thought made her angrier than she had ever been. Now Yoongi undoubtedly hated her and JaKyung would more than likely get what she wanted. And she knew that if she were to tell anyone, no one would believe her… not even Yoongi.