Chapter 15

Not According to Plan

Author's Note:

Sorry this ones a little late guys. It's 1:30 am here and I just finished submitting an essay. I'll try to have the next chapter up on time!

L xxx


 

Alia stepped out of the shower, wrapping a bathrobe around herself. She walked into the room that she was calling home. She knew that staying in a hotel for a few days was probably overkill, but she knew that Yoongi had visited her home on at least two occasions, and there was only so long she could ignore him. She knew that not talking to him was probably making things worse. She knew that she should just let him yell at her for how he thought she had treated JaKyung and get it over and done with, but her feelings for him kept her from wanting to be scolded by him, especially when she felt that she hadn’t done anything wrong.

 

She flopped down onto her bed and the TV, aimlessly flicking through the channels, hoping to find something that captured her interest. She finally settled on a movie after going through the channels twice. Her mind soon drifted from the movie to Yoongi and JaKyung. She had stopped checking her social media accounts since the party, too afraid of seeing messages from either of them. She was still angry at the whole situation and she felt stupid for caring so much. “I shouldn’t be acting so dramatic. Yoongi and I were not in a real relationship. I’m the only one with feelings here. I need to toughen the up and get on with my life. I didn’t do anything wrong. It’s not my fault that she's a manipulative and that he misunderstood everything.” She sat up, her tiredness suddenly disappearing. “I mean; he didn’t even think to ask me about what happened? Why am I hiding from him? I should see him and set the record straight!” she half shouted to herself, not caring if people in the next room could hear her or not.

 

She grabbed her phone to check the time. “It’s not that late.” She muttered to herself before she pushed herself off the bed and quickly got dressed and packed up her belongings. She went down to reception and checked out of the hotel and headed to her car, full of determination. She threw her bag into the backseat and slid into the driver’s seat. She set up the Bluetooth function in her car to connect to her phone and pressed the call button before leaving the car park. She waited only three rings before Yoongi answered. “Alia?” he said, his disbelief that she had actually contacted him clear to hear in his voice. “Yeah, are you busy?” she said, hoping that he had nothing better to be doing at ten o’clock on a Friday night.

 

“No, I’m not.” He replied quickly. She nodded, her grip on her steering wheel tightening. “Can we meet?” she asked. “Tell me where.” He said as he jumped to his feet, scrambling to find some clothes to wear. “Do you remember that spot by the river that we went to before?” she asked, already heading in that direction. “Yeah, I remember it.” He said as he grabbed his wallet and stuffed it into his pocket. “Meet me there.” She said. Yoongi nodded, “I can be there in twenty minutes.” He said, knowing that there wouldn’t be too much traffic out that way at this time of night. “Ok. See you there.” She said as she ended the call.

 

She let out a long breath. “I’ll tell him everything. I’ll tell him that I found out that JaKyung likes him. I’ll tell him that I felt guilty about it and that’s why I was going to break up with him. I’ll tell him that I made up the story about my mum starting to ask about us getting married. I’ll tell him that JaKyung told her mother that our relationship was fake because she wanted to break us up and I got angry and I’ll tell him exactly what happened at the party. I’ll tell him that he was wrong. I’ll make him believe me.” She said as she drove down the busy streets, her nerves increasing the closer she got to their meeting point. It felt like a lifetime since she had last seen him and although she would never admit it, a small part of her was excited to see him again.

 

She was only five minutes away when bright lights appeared in her rear-view mirror, she squinted against the light, lifting her hand to shield her eyes. She frowned as the car seemed to speed up behind her. She barely had the chance to let out a scream as the car barrelled into the back of hers. She screamed out a curse as she gripped the steering wheel as tightly as she could, trying to keep her car going straight, but the car barrelled into hers again, forcing her car to turn sideways.

 

The driver of the other car didn’t slow down.

 

She grabbed the steering wheel for dear life as her car hit the kerb and flipped onto its roof before colliding with a wall, the other car’s headlights still blinding her.

 

 

She felt like she was underwater. Her movements were sluggish, and she could barely hear or see. She felt like she was seeing and hearing everything with a three second delay, it made her feel nauseated. Her seatbelt held her suspended upside down, the glass from the windows shattered and lying on the roof under her, her hands resting on the broken glass, but she couldn’t feel the pain from the numerous cuts that littered her body. The windscreen was smashed, the glass looking like layer upon layers of spider webs, but was still mainly in place. She turned her head to the side, her vision swimming even more as she faintly registered that there was no glass left in her window. She pushed down the urge to throw up. A blurry pair of red shoes appeared in her line of vision, but she couldn’t focus on them. She could faintly hear a voice, but she couldn’t make out the words.

 

“Help.” She whispered, her voice sounding weak and far away from her own ears. The shoes didn’t move for a few seconds and then they slowly disappeared from her line of vision. She tried to cry out for help again, but she couldn’t force herself to make a sound and soon the blinding lights of the other car disappeared. She could just make out the sound of her phone ringing from somewhere. She blindly reached out for it, having no idea if it was even still in the car or not, her hands dragging through the broken glass on the roof. The ringing stopped and she felt her vision get darker. She whispered Yoongi’s name as her body went limp.

 

 

 

 

Yoongi was waiting at the agreed spot. He had parked his car in the deserted car park and stood next to his car. He had managed to get there a little earlier than he had anticipated and he didn’t know where Alia was coming from. He waited for five minutes to call her, but her phone just rang out. He shrugged, figuring that she was probably driving and didn’t want to answer. When another fifteen minutes passed, he called again, her phone once again just ringing out. He frowned down at his phone, checking the road behind him for any sign of her car. “Where are you?” he asked himself as he once again tried to call her. He smiled whenever his call was answered. “Finally! Whe- “

 

“Do you know the owner of this phone?”

 

Yoongi frowned at the unfamiliar male voice. “Yes, I do. Who are you?” he asked, worry instantly filling him. “The owner of this phone has been involved in an accident. We’re taking her to hospital now.” Yoongi felt like time had slowed down as he tried to take in the situation. “Which hospital?” He choked out, his body on autopilot. He listened to the address and hung up. He jumped into his car and tore out of the car park, completely disregarding the speed limit as he sped towards the hospital. “Please let her be ok.” He chanted over and over. When the hospital finally came into view he became even more anxious. He hadn’t thought to ask what her condition was. He dumped his car, not caring that he was parked somewhere he wasn’t supposed to be, and rushed into the hospital.

 

He ran up to the receptionist. “I’m looking for Park Alia. She was in a car crash. I was told that she was being brought here.” He said. The receptionist nodded, “Ok, give me a minute.” She said as she started typing on her computer. “She’s in surgery.” She said looking up at him. “Can you tell me anything about her condition?” he begged. “What’s your relation to the patient?” she asked. “I’m her boyfriend.” He replied without hesitation. The receptionist gave him a sympathetic look, “I’m really sorry, but I can only give details to family members.”

 

He suppressed the urge to curse. “Please, I need to know she's ok.” He pleaded. She shook her head. “I’m sorry.” His hands curled into fists as he walked away. He followed the signs that led him to the waiting room outside of the operating room. He paced back and forth, unable to stay still as his worry gnawed at him. Soon after he arrived, her parents and sister appeared at the hallway. “Mr and Mrs Park! Yoona!” he said as they approached him. Alia's mother wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug. “Did they tell you anything? They wouldn’t talk to me because I’m not family.” He asked, desperate for any information on Alia’s condition.

 

“When they called they said that she has a dislocated shoulder, a broken wrist, and they suspected internal bleeding.” Mr Park said as he held his youngest daughter who was crying loudly. Mrs park finally let him go and returned to her husband’s side. “Why are you here?” she asked curiously. Yoongi understood that she wasn’t being rude, she was worried about her daughter and she was probably confused why her ex-boyfriend was at the hospital before them. “Alia called me. She asked me to meet up with her. I was waiting for her and called her. She didn’t answer at first then one of the paramedics answered her phone. He told me that she had been in an accident so I rushed over here.”

 

Mrs park grabbed his hand. “Thank you for being here. I’m sure it will mean a lot to Alia.” She said as she gave him a watery smile. The four of them sat in the small waiting area, all of them anxious to hear about Alia’s condition. Hours later, Yoona and Mrs Park had already fallen asleep, exhaustion claiming them both. When the doctor finally emerged from the operating room, both Yoongi and Mr Park jumped to their feet the second he appeared. “How is my daughter?” Mr Park asked frantically. “We managed to stop the bleeding. We had to do a blood transfusion, she lost a lot of blood in the accident. We also had some trouble during her surgery. She’s lucky that she was found when she was. If she had been in the car for too much longer I’m not certain she would have survived the ambulance journey here. As for her other injuries, we fixed her shoulder and her wrist is broken in three places. We’ve put it in a cast for now. She’ll have to stay in intensive care for a few days. We haven’t been able to assess if there had been any impact on her cognitive abilities, but as long as she regains consciousness soon, I don’t think there will be too much to worry about. A nurse will check her cognitive functions when she wakes up.”

 

Mr Park grabbed the doctor’s hand and shook it firmly. “Thank you.” The doctor nodded, exhaustion clearly showing on his face. “You can go see her now, but only for five minutes. She needs complete rest.” Mr Park thanked the doctor again and woke up his wife and daughter. A nurse led them to Alia’s room as he explained what the doctor had told him to them. The three of them entered the room first, Yoongi hanging back by the doorway. Even though he desperately wanted to be by her side, he didn’t want to impose on her family’s limited time with her. Mrs Park was the first to notice that he wasn’t in the room, she turned to him and gestured for him to join them. He stood behind them, his heart clenching painfully as he took in her battered and bruised body in front of him. He couldn’t help but think about how fragile and pale she looked. He had never felt to terrified in his entire life.

 

She had tubes and wires connected to what looked like her entire body. His heart clenched painfully as he wished that he could take her pain away and suffer it himself. Seeing her like that was almost too much to bare, he couldn’t imagine how her family felt. Their five minutes passed far too quickly, the nurse gently but firmly asking them to leave. Yoongi was the last to leave, he reached out and squeezed her hand. “You have to wake up. I haven’t told you my feelings yet.” He whispered hoarsely as he left the room.