Be Mine

Infinitely One - Shots ∞

 

“Do you, Hwang Seri take Lee Sungyeol as your husband for richer or for poorer, for sickness and in health and till death do you part?” The pastor said through the mic. “Yes, I do.” A lady said without doubt.

Another lady from a far watched the wedding ceremony. “Hm. A beach wedding, huh?” I wanted a church wedding anyway.” Park Jaekyung smiled at her thoughts. She glanced at her watch and started to wonder when will her boyfriend come and pick her up.

“Jaegiya!” Someone called, and it was none other than Nam Woohyun. Woohyun came over and kissed Jaekyung’s cheek. “I’m sorry, I’m late. My boss wanted me to take an overtime, again but of course I lied again just for you.” He cutely pouted. Jaekyung smacked his arm lightly. “Aigoo, Woohyun! I won’t be surprise if your boss will fire you.” She slightly joked. Woohyun sincerely smiled at her and he softened. “You really want me to be at my office working rather than being here with you?” He held her face and he looked straightly at her eyes. The lady was silent. Of course, she wanted her boyfriend by her side. It’s been weeks since they last saw each other, but on the other hand she was worried, if Woohyun continued to ditch work he’ll get fired.

“I want you here with me.” She whispered. Woohyun smiled, his thumb on Jaekyung’s cheeks and then he kissed that spot on her cheeks. “I knew you wanted to.” Woohyun softly said.

Holding hands, the two of them went to have dinner. “Jagiya~ You know what, awhile ago while I was waiting for you I saw a couple getting married. It was beautiful that they were having a beach wedding but you know what, if I were to get married I wanted to have church wedding.” Jaekyung said. Woohyun was stopped on his tracks. Jaekyung opened up this topic again. Woohyun meekly looked at her with a timid smile. “T-that’s great Jaegiya!” He said with a dry laugh. Woohyun continued to walk with a sigh. He really doesn’t know what to say every time Jaekyung would talk about marriage. They were in a relationship for 6 years since college and Jaekyung thought the both of them were in the right age to get married. But Woohyun was still unsure of getting married, he loves Jaekyung that’s for sure but he was really not yet ready for marriage.

“Aish! Nam Woohyun! Wait for me!” Jaekyung called as she tried to catch up with him. Jaekyung held Woohyun’s arm. “Yah! Woohyun, why are you running away from me? I was just saying that I wanted a church wedding.” Jaekyung pouted. Woohyun smiled and poked Jaekyung’s cheeks, “I’m just a bit tired, hm.” He kissed the top of Jaekyung’s head.

Jaekyung sadly gazed at Woohyun. She was scared that Woohyun doesn’t want to talk about getting married because she thought that Woohyun was having doubt on her and that he doesn’t want her as his wife. *Nam Woohyun, eotteokhae?*

--

It was a breezy evening and Jaekyung and her college friends were having a get together, and of course Woohyun was there too.

“Wow Woohyun! You’re still the same! Greasy as ever!” One of their friends joked. Everyone cracked up including Jaekyung. “My greasiness is only meant for my Jaekyung.” Woohyun proudly said and kissed Jaekyung’s cheek. The lady flushed at her boyfriend’s sweet actions.

Everyone was enjoying the bonding moment when of their college friends stood up and grabbed the microphone and went up the small stage at the karaoke room.

“Listen everyone! Everyone please, may I have your attention!” Junyoung started to speak. “Okay, everyone please listen!” Junyoung took a deep breath, cleared his throat and continued to speak, “I, Han Junyoung, have been in love with most amazing girl I’ve ever met.” All eyes were on Junyoung’s girlfriend, Ara. “…and I want to take this opportunity to ask her permission, to ask her to…” Before he could finish his sentence he took something from his pocket. “… Park Ara, will you marry me?” Ara was already in tears and she stood up and approached her boyfriend. “Yes! Yes Junyoung! I will!” She then hugged him.

Jaekyung was moved by the proposal of her friend to his girlfriend. If only, Woohyun would do the same the she will be happiest woman ever lived. There were a lot of congratulatory messages. “Wow, Junyoung! You’re brave huh?” One guy mocked him. “If I already have the opportunity, I won’t miss the chance anymore.” He said. Woohyun was just silent by Jaekyung’s side. Woohyun would take glances at Jaekyung but she was just also staring at nothing.

“Hey! What about you two, love birds?” Ara asked Woohyun and Jaekyung. “Huh?” Woohyun snapped out of his dazed. “Hey bro! When will you plan to propose to her, huh?”  Junyoung nudged Woohyun’s side. Woohyun just scratched his head and meekly smiled. “We’ll get to that.” He just said.

“Yah! That’s what you said before, and still that’s your excuse?” They said.  Woohyun just softly laughed. Jaekyung was just silent. “I-I uhm…” Woohyun doesn’t know what to say. “Yah dude! You sure you love your girl? If yes then build some courage to propose to her!!” One of their friend said.

That did it. Jaekyung stood up and left the gathering. “Jae-Jaekyung!” Woohyun called. Woohyun followed her outside. “Park Jaekyung! Wait up!” He grabbed her wrist and spun her around. Jaekyung was already crying. “Jaekyung-ah.” Woohyun softened. “Woohyun, tell me do you love me?” She asked. “Of course, I do love you Jaekyung-ah!” He held her hands tightly. “Don’t mind them, please Jaekyung. They were just mocking me.” Woohyun assured his girlfriend. “That’s not my point Woohyun, it’s not them okay! It’s you, we’ve been in a relationship for a long time yet you still don’t ask me to get married.” Jaekyung sobbed. “I’m waiting Woohyun! But the longer I wait, the more that I’m thinking that you don’t love me.” She uttered.

“Jaekyung, don’t think that way! It doesn’t mean that I don’t love you. I-I’m just not yet ready! I’m scared, what if I won’t be a perfect husband for you.” Woohyun wiped her tears away. “I’m not asking you to be perfect, Woohyun.” She muttered.

“I’m sorry, Jaekyung.” Woohyun hugged her tightly. *I promise you, Jaekyung. Someday I’ll be ready for facing new challenges with you.*

--

Woohyun hadn’t contacted Jaekyung for almost a month. “Maybe he’s busy. I couldn’t blame him. He’s always ditching work.” She worriedly thought. Suddenly, her doorbell rang. She opened it to see her neighbor smiling at her. “Yes, ahjusshi? Do you need help with your computer?” She politely said. “Ani! Uhm, Jaekyung can you please come with me for awhile?” The ahjusshi dragged Jaekyung out of her house. “Uhm, ahjusshi where are we going?” She asked, dumbfounded.

The ahjusshi brought her to a place in their village where a pick-up van was waiting for her. “Uhm, Jaekyung can you please sit behind there.” The ahjusshi asked. Jaekyung, who doesn’t know what’s going on, just followed what the ahjussi told her. The door at back of the van where Jaekyung was sitted remained open so Jaekyung can see what’s happening outside. “Uhm, ahjusshi aren’t you going to close the door here?” She hollered.  The ahjusshi ignored her and started driving slowly. “Omaya!’ Jaekyung was surprised.

As the van started to move, music started to play. Much to her surprise, someone appeared out of nowhere started to sing outside the car following the van. It was Woohyun. Then people from the neighborhood started to appear one by one and joined the presentation. They danced to the music while Woohyun was singing for Jaekyung. The lady was in verge of crying. “Babo, Woohyun!” She repeated those words and Woohyun just smiled at her and continued to sing. The production ended nice and smooth and the van stopped. Jaekyung won’t stop crying already. Woohyun walked towards her and helped her to step out of the van.

“Yah! I hate you! What is this for huh?!” She continuously smacked his chest. “Shhh, baby. Listen to me first okay?” He grasped on her hands and put it on her side. “Park Jaekyung, I thought about this and when I say I thought about it, I really really really thought about this and now, for you and for me, I’m ready. I realized that I really want you to be with me forever. I want to face challenges with you; I want to have happy memories with you Jaekyung. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and only you, Park Jaekyung. So, will you marry me and be mine?” Woohyun knelt down and held out a diamond ring. “Please say yes, my Jaegiya!”

“YES WOOHYUN! YES!” Jaekyung proclaimed as he hugged Woohyun. Woohyun carried her and twirled her around. She squealed in happiness then Woohyun brought her down and slipped the ring on her finger. “Thank you, my Jaekyung. Thank you for accepting me!” Woohyun whispered as he held her face close to his. “Thank you too, Woohyun. I’m glad to spend the rest of my life with you too.” She said then Woohyun leaned in and pressed his lips against hers. Their neighbors cheered for them.

After the long, sweet and passionate kiss, Jaekyung and Woohyun pulled back and looked at each other.

“Saranghae, Jagiya.”