Come Back Again

Infinitely One - Shots ∞

  “1, 2, 3, 4…” Hoya practiced more and more the dance choreography in their practice room. Minkyung, his dance teacher, watched him practice. *He got a lot of talents, I’m sure he’ll have a bright future in the dance industry.*

“Uhm, Miss Minkyung! The new students are here.” One of the students said. “Okay, huddle everyone!” Minkyung called. Students including Hoya gathered around the practice room. “Everyone, let’s welcome new enrolled students in our class.” As Minkyung called them, they simply entered the room.

“Please introduce yourselves.” Minkyung said. Each of them told their names, their hometown and their reason in enrolling in this prestigious dance school. The last one who introduced herself was a slender girl, with a long and wavy hair. Her big brown eyes sparkle like a star. She is likely to break when you touch her. Hoya examined her from head to toe. *She’s… gorgeous.*

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Kang Seoyoo – imnida.” She said while doing a 90 degree bow. “I live in Seoul and my reason in enrolling in this school was I want to pursue dancing and I want to be known in what I am best at.” Seoyoo continued with a smile.

“Okay. Everyone, look for a position. We’ll be learning a new dance! Hurry up!” Minkyung called and the students did what was told. Hoya glanced on his right to see Seoyoo doing some stretchings. The dance lessons starts and once in a while Hoya would glance at Seoyoo. *Not bad. She’s actually pretty good* Hoya thought.

“Let’s do it with music.” Minkyung pressed the play button and the music started. Once it starts everyone danced to the beat. Like usual, Hoya impressed Minkyung and now Minkyung was also impressed by Seoyoo’s talent.  After the practice, they had a water break. Being the friendly guy, Hoya approached Seoyoo.

“Hello.” Hoya greeted. Seoyoo blinked at him several times before replying. “Er. Hi.” Seoyoo sat on the floor, so as Hoya. “My name’s Hoya. It was nice to meet you.” Hoya held out his hand and Seoyoo shook it. “It was nice meeting you too.” She smiled. “By the way, you were good there awhile ago.” Hoya complimented. “Huh? Oh, thanks. You were too.” Seoyoo said while closing her water bottle. Hoya smiled too.

After more practice, it was time to dismiss the class. But before going home, Minkyung has a special activity for all students every time they are about to be dismissed. “Everyone, let’s do some free styling before going home.”  The students formed a circle and the music starts.

At first, the students danced like they were in the club but as soon as Minkyung called out names, their true talent came out.

Some did crumpings, some did hip hop and some even did ballet with a mix of modern jazz.

“Hoya, you’re up!” Minkyung called. Hoya went to the center and showed his awesome dance moves. First he did simple hip hop and then he did crumpings and also some isolation. Everyone was amazed with his dance that Minkyung forgot to call the others.

The music changed, it was slow now then Minkyung called Seoyoo. She slowly went to the center and did an interpretative dance. Her slow movements made her classmates to be amazed. The way she moved her arms and body was so gentle and graceful. Hoya cannot even look away. *I’ve never seen someone dance so gracefully like her before. She’s amazing!* Hoya thought and snapped out of his daze as soon as he heard his classmates clapped.

“That was awesome everyone! Keep on practicing! You can all go now! See you next week!” Minkyung said as her students waved goodbye to her. Hoya saw Seoyoo leaving the school and he hurriedly went to catch up with her. “Seoyoo! Wait up!” Hoya shouted. Seoyoo turned her head and saw Hoya coming her way. “Hey.” She said gently. “Are you going straight home?” Hoya asked. “Er, yeah.” Seoyoo answered. “Do you mind if I walk you home?” Hoya suddenly asked. *Oh crap! She’ll think I’m a creeper or something.* “Uhm, it’s okay.” Seoyoo smiled. “I’m actually taking a bus on my way home.” She added. “Really! I am actually too!” Hoya beamed.

They took the bus and on their way home, they talked a lot of things. They found out that they have many similar things in common. “I’m trying to learn isolation, but as of now I still .” Seoyoo frowned. “I can teach you.” Hoya said. “Wow, thanks! I would love that. Awhile ago, the way dance was so good, no I meant it was very good!” She complimented and Hoya’s ears turned red. *Oh god, please don’t let her see that.* “You were great there too.” Hoya said, and he meant it.

Soon, Seoyoo needs to get off the bus. When she did, she said good bye to Hoya. Hoya was a bit disappointed because the next time he will see Seoyoo will be next week.

But fortunately, time sped so fast. It was time for dance class once again. “Seoyoo!!” Hoya called. “Oh hello.” She greeted. They exchanged smiles to each other. They started practicing and again, Hoya was amazed by her gracefulness. Seoyoo was also captivated with Hoya’s talent.

When they had free time, Hoya taught Seoyoo how to isolate. “You need to put pressure on every move you make.” Hoya instructed. “Like this?” Seoyoo tried the basic movements. “Yes, you got it.” Hoya put thumb ups for her. Seoyoo continued to practice and Hoya watched her carefully. *Ever since we met that day, you keep on appearing in my thoughts. I’m so mesmerized by your dancing and I guess, I am in love with you, Kang Seoyoo.* Hoya put his hands over his chest and he felt that his heart beats so fast. “Hoya! How to do the movement with the head again?” Seoyoo called for Hoya. Hoya snapped out of his daze. He demonstrated how to do it and Seoyoo carefully watched him. She also felt the same feeling that Hoya had for her.

Ever since, they continued to have dance lessons and Hoya also continued in teaching Seoyoo how to isolate. Hoya’s relationship with Seoyoo also grew.

Their school organized a Talent showcase. The Dance Division were assigned for a dance duo. Each student was partnered up in two and Hoya and Seoyoo were teamed up. They decided that they will dance an Interpretative dance with Hip hop. The gracefulness of Seoyoo together with the sharp movements of Hoya made a great combination.

They made a schedule that they will practice in a free space on weekends. Hoya was preparing the CD player when Seoyoo came. “I’m sorry I’m late.” She said. “No, it’s okay. I just came too.” Hoya smiled. He stood up and positioned himself. “Let’s do some stretches.” He said. After stretching their limbs they started practicing.

“1 and 2, 3 and 4.” They practiced and practiced until they already mastered the whole choreography which was made by both of them. They decided to have a rest first. They sat on a bench and cool down themselves.

“Finally! We finished the choreography before the showcase!” Hoya beamed. Seoyoo just stared on the floor. “Are you okay?” Hoya asked worriedly. “I am just nervous. It’ll be my first time to perform on stage.” Seoyoo admitted. “I’m sure you’ll do great. You have an overflowing talent.” Hoya tried to cheer her up. Seoyoo flushed by the ‘overflowing talent’ that Hoya said. “And besides, the audience will be captivated by your dancing skills and beauty just like what happened to me.” Hoya whispered the last part.

“Excuse me? Did you say something?” Seoyoo was unsure of what she heard. Hoya faced her. “Seoyoo, I don’t know how to start this because this is the first time.” *What is he talking about?* Seoyoo blinked at him. “Just tell me what it is.” Seoyoo sincerely looked at him. “Kang Seoyoo. I love you! Will you be my girl?” Hoya held her hands.  “I’m sorry if it’s not a romantic confession and I also don’t expect you to answer me right away, I can wa-.” Seoyoo put her fingers onto his lip. “Don’t say anything anymore. I don’t really care if it’s not romantic or whatever but I’ll be your girlfriend Lee Hoya.” Seoyoo hugged him.

--

On the day of the Showcase everyone get ready at the backstage. Everyone was busy retouching their selves; some were practicing in the corner. As soon as the showcase starts, Seoyoo was becoming more and more nervous. Hoya approached her. “Hey, don’t be nervous. Everything will turn out fine. I got your back.” Hoya kissed her temple.

It was Seoyoo and Hoya’s turn. Seoyoo peeked behind the curtains and saw many people. Hoya squeezed her hand and gave her an assuring smile. They went over the stage and started to dance. At first Seoyoo was shaky but when every time she looked at her boyfriend, the butterflies in her stomach just flew away and showed off her beautiful dancing skills. After their performance, they received a standing ovation from the audience and Hoya and Seoyoo were very happy about that.  At the backstage, their classmates and Minkyung congratulate them. “Good job to the both of you. I am looking forward for your next team up.” Minkyung congratulated the two of them. “Of course, Ms. Minkyung. We’ll be dancing on stage together next time.” Hoya swore. Seoyoo was just quiet.

Honestly, after the showcase Seoyoo has a scheduled flight to the States. Her parents decided that she should continue her dance lesson in America. Part of her wanted to stay but the other part, she wanted to go.  Hoya noticed that she was quiet. “Hey baby, still nervous? The performance was over.” Hoya joked but Seoyoo didn’t laugh. When he saw that, he knew something’s wrong. “ Okay, Seoyoo, tell me what’s wrong.” Hoya was being serious now. “Hoya, you know that I love you right?” Seoyoo looked at him. “I know that. Why are asking questions like that?” He raised an eyebrow.

“You love me right?” Seoyoo ignored Hoya’s question and asked him again. “Seoyoo, of course I love you.” He held her hand. “Then you will understand me.” Tears were forming in her eyes.  “Yes, Seoyoo.” Hoya wiped away her tears. “Hoya, I’m going to move in States.” She said. “What?!” Hoya shouted. “I will continue pursuing dancing there.” She added. “I thought we’ll do it together.” Hoya won’t let go of her hands. “I am sorry. Please, Hoya. I need this. I want this.” She pleaded. “More than me?” She can see that he was hurt and it made her in pain too. “Hoya, look at me. I will be back. I promise I will be back, for you. I won’t look at other men. I have my heart for you and only you, arasso? Please. Let me do this.” She pleaded once more.

“You will be back. You promised.” “I promise.” Seoyoo held out a pinky and interlaced it with Hoya’s.

“I love you, Lee Hoya.” She kissed him one last time.

--

Naekkeo Haja, naega neol saranghae, eo~ Seoyoo watched him from the screen. “You never change; you’re still a great dancer, Hoya.” Seoyoo smiled.

Infinite had a fan signing event at Lotte World. Hoya was busy signing autographs. “Hoya Oppa, fighting~!” His fan cheered for him before going down the stage. Hoya smiled at his fan. 

“Oppa, can you teach me how to isolate?” A sweet voice asked. *That voice, I recognized that voice.* Hoya looked up. His eyes widened. “Seoyoo!” He whispered. She looked more beautiful. She smiled. “Will you teach me?” She smiled.

He stood up and hugged her tight. “Kang Seoyoo, you’re back.” “I promised you right?” She hugged him back.

*I will never let go of you now, Kang Seoyoo.* *I will fulfill my dreams with you Lee Hoya.*


AUTHOR'S MSG

Here's the first chapter.
Sorry if it's a crappy chapter.
So waddaya think? ;) Tell me and comment!
Don't forget to subscribe~!
kk~ byebye!! :)