FOUR

My Oh-So-Perfect Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm really sorry for the late update. I've been very busy, and there was one time, my notebook broke. AH!! so frustrated! I have so many assignment to submit by the end of this week. 

Okay, let's go.

Nayeon jolted awake with a pain like a hammer has been knocked her head all night long.

Water.

Someone. Anyone. Would do anything for a glass of water.

After another groan, Nayeon sat up against a pillow in a queen size bed. Not mine. She concluded. Where on earth am I? Blinking her eyes repeatedly, she her dry lips taking in the sight of the medium size room. Midnight blue sheet match with the cover of the pillow, and grey wall. One messy study table right beside the bed. A big sport sweater was hanging on the chair. And a couple of 5kg dumbbell under the table. Definitely a boy room. But whose?

Then she heard the door in front of her quaked open and saw the person who owned the most beautiful smile on earth; Hong Jisoo. And not to mention the last person she want to meet in her current state.

“You’re awake?” He said taking in the sight of her. “Are you feeling okay?”

Nayeon nodded solemnly rubbing her sleepy eyes. “Where am I?”

“Well you are in our house.” Jisoo answered, placing a glass of water and a pill in a small plate on the study table beside her.

“Our?”

“Seungcheol, Jeonghan and me.” He answered patiently. “Water?”

She nodded and he gave it to her. She picked the pill from the plate and tossed it into before she chugged down the water in a blink.

“Thanks.” Her voice still hoarse though.

Gosh the headache was killing me. Nayeon lied back down massaging her head. “I’m sorry Jisoo, but what time is it now? I have a class at ten. Couldn’t afford to miss that class.”

She saw his smile before answering her. “It’s 8.45.” He sat beside her on the bed. “I could give you a ride if you want to.”

“Yes please. I need to change.” Nayeon added slowly without looking at his face this time. Truth be told she was so embarrassed of herself this moment. She’s sure not one girl in this world would want her crush to watch them in this kind of state. Moody, barefaced, messy hair, wearing unidentified big grey sweater, which she didn’t want to think about right now. One word to describe her; waste. 

Nayeon stood up with the help of Hong Jisoo. He didn’t comment anything when she lost her balance at first, he only tightened his grip on her upper arm.

“Are you sure you are alright?” He asked in concern.

Nayeon nodded, eyes fixed to the floor. Still didn’t have the confidence to return his gaze.

“Here, this way.” He ushered her to the way out after picking up her bag and slung it on his shoulder. She met Jeonghan on her way of the main door who was just stumbled inside.

“Morning guys!” Jeonghan announced half sleep or…drunk?

“Back already?” He slurred when he noticed her. “You are giving her a ride?”

Definitely drunk.

Jisoo nodded.

“Oh. Good.” He smiled to Jisoo. “Urm, take care then and stay safe.” He patted her shoulder, she nodded but her eyes transfixed to his white collar. It has a bold lipstick stained on it. The exact colour of the lips of his last night partner.

Don’t tell me he spent the night with her. OH MY GOD. Poor little Seungcheol.

Nayeon gasp aloud in front of the house earning a question look from Jisoo.

“What is it?” He asked her.

“Where is Seungcheol?” She asked him back following him inside the elevator.

“Out for his morning practice.”

“Practice of what?”

“Soccer.” He answered curtly. Then he sighed gripping hard her finger?

Eh?

She looked down and saw their fingers were intertwined together. Apparently the hand that was on her arm to keep balance already move downward.

 Nayeon eyes widened instantly looking at their fingers. Intertwined together.

OMO! Is this real? Please don’t be a dream please!

“Be careful.” He told her when the elevator’s door opened to the basement parking floor. He then ushered her toward his silver Volkswagen Beetle and even opened the door for her. Indeed a gentleman.

And she had to hide the disappointment the moment his hand left hers. *sob* it was one good memories though.

The drive was long and full of silent. Truth be told it wasn’t that long. It’s only about five minutes or so, maximum ten. It just feel long, because both of them choose to remain silent. One person, because too embarrassed by her current look, and another…only god know why.

Three minutes later they arrived in front of her hostel. Finally! Nayeon didn’t think she could handle another second of this overwhelm awkwardness.

After he helped her out, he slung her bag pack on her shoulder carefully. And out of courtesy she bowed and muttering her thanks.

“Nayeon-ah.” Jisoo called her when she about to turn in.

“Nae.”

“You know…Well, I just wanna say I’m really sorry, Nayeon.”

Why?

She wanted to ask that but nothing come out as she only stare at the guy whose eyes suddenly fixed to something near her shoes.

“About yesterday…if I knew you went with them. I would came.”

He would?

Again nothing was coming out from . She was speechless by the last sentence of his last statement.

“You know, Seungcheol and Jeonghan, sometimes they can be reckless, self-centred, act before thinking the consequences. But, I promised, they’re not a bad person. Really. And I’m sure the yesterday incident was a mistake, our mistake. But…” He paused to look at her in the eyes. “…please don’t hate us.”

Thump.

Hear that? Yup. That was my heart. The very person who makes my heart like this asking me not to hate him? That’s ridiculous. I would never hate him. And that’s what I told him.

“I would never hate you.” Hmmm you may have thought after the hung-over my filter will be again? Not a chance. It may

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter