Very 'Ice'

Seventeen Oneshots [OPEN + NEW STAFF]

Requested by: myntii

Pairing: Junhao

Author: wonwowie

Started: 8/01/17

Finished: 8/03/17



Request:

Pairing: Junhao

Author: wonwowie

Genre: Fluff, Romance, Idol

Plot: The members go on an ice skating trip and Jun teaches Minghao how to ice skate.

Note:

Call me lame but I literally had to listen to the whole Yuri on Ice OST to get inspiration… I’m sorry that it’s a bit short and quite simple, and only a bit proofread because it’s literally 2AM right now so… yeah??? But I hope you enjoy it nonetheless ^^;; (yes I am very lame woot woot)



 

“‘Let’s go ice skating!’ They said, ‘It’ll be fun!’ They said.” 

 

Minghao bitterly muttered under his woolly scarf and went back to reading an article on his phone. Again, his eyes shifted to s having fun in the ice rink. He glanced at them, and then rolled his eyes.

 

There was no doubt that sitting by the side lines wasn’t any fun, but in Minghao’s defence, it was better than making a fool out of himself on the ice. Plus, it was easier to get a hotdog that way.

 

“Hey, ‘Hao!” A voice catches Minghao’s attention. Taking his gaze off his device, Minghao suddenly sees Junhui waddling towards him with his skates on.

 

“Are the guys having fun?”

 

“Yeah,” Junhui then shoves Minghao to take a seat next to the younger, “You would have fun too if you weren’t sat here on your phone.”

 

“I told you, I’m not going on there.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Why would I?”

 

“You’re avoiding the question, Minghao.”

 

It was the one thing Minghao hated: When he was caught changing the subject. Before replying, he blew into his freezing hands, hoping to warm them up. “I… Can’t… Sk-”

 

The words were muffled through his scarf, and Junhui could only make out a bunch of random noises. 

 

Junhui’s arm reached over to Minghao’s scarf, pulling the soft material and tucking it under his chin to hear him clearer.

 

Still, it wasn’t enough thanks to the younger’s mumbling. This time, it was starting to annoy Junhui. “Speak louder!” He exclaimed. “I can’t hear you over these noisy people.” He tried to get a look at Minghao’s face, which was a averting away from Junhui.

 

“I can’t skate! Got it?”

 

Something in Minghao switched on, resulting in a noticeable change in voice, and Junhui’s eyes widened at the direct response. They sat in silence for a few minutes — Junhui looked at all of the other members laughing and slipping on the ice whereas Minghao went back to looking down at his phone, which wouldn’t be much help because of its low battery — Until a laugh escaped Junhui’s lips.

 

Minghao hums and looks at Junhui breaking into loud laughter. People were starting to look at the duo and the laughing wasn’t helping the fact that all of them wanted time away from the cameras and attention. Junhui had to make things worse.

 

He lightly nudged the older on the arm and gave an annoyed stare. Minghao hushed, “Why are you laughing?” While Junhui was trying to recollect his breaths.

 

Fanning his face with his hand, despite the cold air being all around them, Junhui looked back at Minghao with a cheshire cat-like smile. “You can’t ice skate?”

 

“Great, now you’re rubbing it in my face.” Minghao sighs, crossing his legs and rolls his eyes back.

 

“I’m not!” Junhui replies, starting to stand up. A hand reaches out to Minghao, and it was no other than Junhui’s. “Let me teach you.” A warm smile painted the older boy’s face and his eyes reassured the nervous younger. It somehow made Minghao’s heart melt — But Minghao didn’t want to confess.

 

 

After a long think — ‘Long’, meaning ‘Two minutes’ — Minghao held Junhui’s hand and groaned. On the other hand, Junhui did the opposite by fist bumping the air and rapidly waddling to the ice skating-shoes with Minghao.

 

Looking at Minghao’s face once he sat down and removed his shoes, Junhui started to feel uneasy.

 

“‘Hao… Are you sure about this?” His face turned into confusion and worry.

 

Snapping back into reality, Minghao jolted his head up to Junhui. “Wh-What?” He stutters nervously, sheepishly scratching his head. Not long after, he shrugs and a small frown appears on his face. “I dunno. One half of me says ‘No’, and the other one is telling me to get this over with.”

 

“I agree with the second one.”

 

“Because you want to see me fall, right?” Minghao’s face turns disapproved.

 

Shaking his hands, Junhui answers, “No! Not at all!” And furrows his eyebrows. “Minghao, I want to help you, you know that right? It’s not as hard as you think it is-“

 

“That’s easy for you to say!”

 

“Can you stop being so pessimistic?” Junhui smiles yet he’s in deep concern, “I’m here for you; I’ll always be here for you.”

 

Gently, Junhui caresses Minghao’s cheek and looks at him, thinking of how he could get lost those eyes.

 

For the second time, Minghao remained mum and proceeded to lace up his skates. Junhui didn’t like the silence, but he didn’t complain because he knew Minghao hasn’t given up yet.

 

 

Once on the ice, Junhui smoothly glided across the rink and turned over to Minghao. He knew Minghao was somewhat terrified — The loud and quick breaths; The slight wobbling while trying to keep balance; His hand reaching to the edge of the rink for support — Soon, Junhui skated towards to him and sneakily pecked his cheek.

 

“Everything will be okay. You’ll do great!”

 

Minghao whimpered. At this rate, he couldn’t reply. He just wanted to overcome the fear of not falling. 

 

“C’mon,” Junhui pleaded, “You’ve been brave to come this far,” He lifts up Minghao’s chin with a finger, making sure the younger’s gaze was fixed on him, “You have to do this ‘Hao. I’m your support, okay? Hold my hand.”

 

His hands interlace with Minghao’s, and slowly but surely they made progress. He wobbled for a couple of seconds, but finally managed to find balance and made Junhui cheer on the younger. Minghao sure had a strong grip.

 

‘Cute.’ Junhui soon thought while looking at the helpless younger, shifting his eyes down to their hands, which Minghao had been tightly holding his dear life on to.

 

Precariously, Junhui proceeded to make his way to the middle of the ice rink with Minghao still gripping on his hands and eyes shut closed in case any accident occurs.

 

Every time they would move further and further, Minghao was busy thinking of the worst possible scenario to happen to the both of them: Someone might bump into them, they might get hit in the face by a couple doing a crazy stunt, or they would get run over by the ice cleaning machine (Which is unlikely, but it could happen).

 

The younger’s mind was too focused on his surroundings that he couldn’t have time to think about himself, causing him to nearly trip and fall on top of Junhui if it wasn’t for Junhui’s quick reaction.

 

“Wow, I didn’t know you were this needy.”

 

“Stop being so cheesy when I’m freaking out okay?!” Minghao waved his arms and stood back up, almost close to falling, but found his balance in an uncomfortable position.

 

Junhui held Minghao’s hands again to boost his confidence. “Hey, just focus on me.” He softly called. Minghao took in the gentle voice, and his breaths became calmer each time Junhui would say something. 

Although he couldn’t push on any further, locking eyes with Junhui was the best thing to do.

 

As the slowly started to move along the ice, the older focused on Minghao’s expression. The more they moved around, the more he started to relax and loosen up the tense feeling sorrowing his shoulders and whole body, along with the tight squeeze on Junhui’s hands.

 

He enjoyed every moment watching the younger build up his confidence.

 

A wide smile shows on Minghao’s face when his eyes look to the ground. “J-Junhui!” He stuttered, looking in disbelief and amazement. “Look, I’m doing it!”

 

And although Minghao was getting the hang of it, he still clung on to Junhui’s arm (It upgraded to his arm since Junhui felt like his hands were going to lose blood circulation), but Junhui couldn’t care less, he was just glad to see Minghao finally getting used to the rink.

 

“Do you want me to let go of you yet-“

 

“No you’re still staying here with me.”

 

“But ‘Hao-“

 

“Zip it!”

 

 

A couple of more minutes pass, and Junhui can see great improvement happening. Now, Minghao was standing up straight rather then hunching his back and letting his long legs spread far on the ice.

 

There were a couple of slipping here and there, but Junhui came in and laughed it off to make the younger feel better, quickly helping him up.

 

“Now are you ready?” Minghao took his time, and Junhui thought it was the best to push him even further now that Minghao felt that he could dominate the whole world. With 80% of confidence, Minghao gave a firm nod and Junhui kisses Minghao’s cheek whispering, “That’s my boy.”

 

Junhui holds Minghao’s hand to skate back to the wall again, where Junhui instructs him to simply do what he’ll do. At first, Minghao felt apprehensive, but knew he could do it. He grabs onto the edge of the rink with both hands so that he could see what Junhui was doing.

 

The older started to demonstrate simple moves to Minghao — Moving around his foot, and pushing off. It looked simple, but Minghao soon thought, ‘Easier said than done…’

 

“Got it?” Junhui pulled the finger guns on Minghao, encouraging the younger to laugh.

 

“Yep.” He replied, the pressure coming back on him. Junhui started to move next to him as he was moving Minghao’s hand away from the edge of the rink. To give support, he started to hold his hand and slowly let go when he felt like it. 

 

Slowly, Minghao starts gliding across the ice. He did well for the first couple of minutes, which was way beyond what Junhui was expecting, but when he was about to turn toward Junhui and show how well he’s doing, his balance got lost and cased him to fall backwards on the ice.

 

“Are you okay?” Junhui used to aid the younger, quickly lifting him up and checking his head for any bruises or signs of bleeding. Luckily, there were none.

 

“Okay… Let’s try this again.”

 

Minghao inhaled a deep breath. From his face, Junhui knew he was now more serious than before. Still, Junhui was there beside him for any extra support. And despite falling more frequently, and the more he kept getting up, his determination grew bigger. Just like always, his stamina was excellent as his determination. He kept trying. Again. Again.

 

Finally, Minghao had the confidence to skate with minor wobbling. It was quite slow, Junhui had to admit, yet it didn’t stop him from being over the moon. It was even more impressive when Minghao managed to reach the other side of the rink.

 

“You’re doing it!” Junhui’s face lit up and he started laughing. Minghao looked back at Junhui with pure happiness, and couldn’t help to boast it towards the other members that were around him as Junhui watched him in admiration.

 

“Hyungs! Look, I’m ice skating!”

 

“Well done Minghao!” Seungcheol yelled and laughed, waving his arm before going back to racing with Chan.

 

“Minghao-Hyung fighting!” Seungkwan hollered, singing a motivational he made up in his head and cheerleading his way through it (Plus an embarrassed Wonwoo telling the younger to stop then slowly skating away…).

 

“This is so fun!” Minghao yelled out loud in triumph, bursting into laughter.

 

He looked at the older and skated towards him, suddenly grabbing his hand and pulling Junhui with him by surprise.

 

“Junhui let’s skate for longer!”

 

 

After the two of them had been skating for almost an hours, Minghao definitely learnt how to do a small trick he was proud of ‘Mastering’ — And no, it wasn’t because he slipped and almost his Joshua in the face with his skates but missed by a hair-width at all… 

 

With more than a few bruises on their knees and arms, runny noses and red cheeks, and matching cuts on Minghao’s and Junhui’s thumb which they had no clue about until they saw it, the time came when everyone decided that they had enough of the ice skating fun the experienced.

 

But before they were going to exit the rink, Junhui tapped Minghao on the shoulder.

 

“Yo ‘Hao.”

 

“What’s up?”

 

“Don’t you think ice skating is… Very ‘Ice’?” Junhui makes the iconic ‘Very Nice’ dance move.

 

“……”

 

“Tough crowd. I hope you figured out my joke-“

 

“Okay Junhui, I get it.”

 

“That’s why you’re called The8, because of figure eights-

 

“JUNHUI.”