The Game of Love

Seventeen Oneshots [OPEN + NEW STAFF]

 

 

Requested by: TatieyEXO

Pairing: Yerin (Gfriend) x Seungcheol

Author:_VernonDicaprio

Started: 02/20/17

Finished: 00/00/17



Yerin and Seungcheol had been enemies since childhood, always at each other's throat, always trying to be better than the other. There had never been a day when they had truly gotten along. They're both 17 now, mature around others but childish personalities once with their friends. When all his friends cancel on him, Seungcheol thinks it's about time to be in a relationship. Not specifically finding someone he'd marry, but someone who he can have fun with and relax around. When Yerin hears the news, she challenges her enemy to a challenge. Who will win in this game of love?



 

SK: Sorry Seungcheol, gotta cancel, Yuna wants me to meet her parents.

SC: Wah~ First Mingyu cancels on me for SinB, then Wonwoo for Eunha, now you for Yuna!? I'm supposed to be your guys' hyung, yet you all have girlfriends except for me... 

SK: It's not all that bad, Dino doesn't have a girlfriend yet. :)

SC: Shut up.

With that, Seungcheol turned off his phone and shoved it in his pocket. Okay Seungcheol. He thought. It's about time you get yourself a girlfriend.

***

"Yerin-ah, did you hear?" Sowon spoke as they headed towards the cafe. The sun shone brightly in their eyes, and they had to shield their eyes with their hands as they continued down the street.

"Hear what? You know I'm not the sort of person that keeps up with the news or whatever." Yerin replied.

"I guess you truly are living under a rock..." The elder sighed.

"Why? What is it? Tell me!"

"Apparently Seungcheol-ssi is girlfriend hunting."

"Pfft, like that idiot's gonna have any luck. How long has it been?"

"About 2 weeks or something. He's your number one enemy, I don't know how you didn't know."

"Be quiet, it's not like I have to know everything about him." Yerin retorted.

"Isn't the saying 'keep you friends close but your enemies closer'?"

"Me? Close to that douchebag? Never in your wildest dreams."

"C'mon, don't act like you don't like him." Sowon teased.

"You're right I do not 'not like him', I just despise his very existance."

"You know Yerin..." Sowon started.

"Yeah?" Yerin asked as she opened the door to the cafe.

"If Seungcheol-ssi manages to get himself a girlfriend, that means he'll be in his first relationship before you."

"Hrmm... You're right, if Seungcheol does find a girlfriend, I'll be falling behind! Unnie! You have to help me-"

"Speaking of Seungcheol-ssi," Sowon started, not thinking twice about how she cut the younger off. "he's right over there you know."

Quickly, Yerin turned away from Sowon to see her biggest rival just entering.

"Yah! Choi Seungcheol!" Yerin called as she stomped towards him. Seungcheol raised an eyebrow as he watched the younger get closer. 

"Yes?" The elder asked as Yerin finally reached him.

"I heard you're going girlfriend hunting, am I right?"

"Well, I'm not specifically hunting but rather trying a bit harder at love." 

"Yeahhh, sure."

"Aish this girl." Seungchel responded, blatantly annoyed. Before Seungcheol could walk away, Yerin grabbed onto his arm. "Anything else you would like to say before I get in line?"

"I challenge you Seungcheol," Yerin started, "to a game of love!"

"Yah!" Seungcheol spoke before smaking the younger across the head. "You're being a bit too loud in a public area!"

"Rules are simple."

"Wai-" Before he could finish his word, he stopped himself. He didn't want to rush love, but this was a challenge, declared by his enemy! No way would he let her win just by default.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, carry on."

"No bribing, no asking just anyone, it has to be someone who you're willing to date, and definitely no pretending to date just for the sake of winning. Got it?"

"Challenge accepted, Yerin, challenge accepted." With that, they sealed it with a handshake.

***

Time went on as the two continued with the challenge. A month of charming, flirting, and getting close to others. Yet nothing but rejection, admittedly, some more hurtful than others. 

Yerin didn't want to have to do this, but it was time to start trying at her friends. First off, it was Hansol, not too close to each other, but close enough to be considered friends. A week after indirectly flirting, and hanging out with him more, Hansol himself asked Yerin out. The elder gladly accepted his confession, and soon they were the talk of the school. It didn't take long for Seungcheol to hear the news either.

Even though the defeat crushed him more than he expected, he went over to see her personally, and sincerely congratulated her. Yerin was anything but humble, yet Seungcheol couldn't help but smile, it was weird.

Within a few weeks, Yerin and Vernon were the power couple of the school, you couldn't get anywhere without hearing about the 'Chocolate Couple' -- The name coming from the pieces of chocolate Vernon would leave in the elder's locker.

In those few weeks, Seungcheol suddenly felt a big change, yet he didn't know what it was. Each time he heard or saw something related to Yerin and any other guy, his chest would feel weird, Yerin would pop up in his mind at random times as well. He didn't like this feeling, almost as much as he didn't like her. Seungcheol's cousin saw how distant he was gettting to others, so she set him up on a blind date with one of her close friends. Almost immediately, Dahyun and Seungcheol hit it off, mainly because of their very similar personalities. She even gave him a nickname, 'S.Coups', or maybe just 'Coups' for short. Even after he started dating Nayeon, he still couldn't get Yerin off his mind.

News always spread quickly throughout their school, and before they could release an official statement about them dating, they were already tied for 'best couple' with Yerin and Vernon. Now Yerin was in Seungcheol's position, the other always crossing her mind, this horrible feeling in her chest whenever she heard about the 'RC' or 'Rapper Couple'. 

Although it was pretty much general knowledge amongst their classmates, Seungcheol and Yerin were completely oblivious to the fact that Dahyun and Vernon were best friends since birth. They soon found out about this though, after they planned a surprise double date.

"What?!" Seungcheol exclaimed as he Nayeon walked down the hall together.

"What?" Dahyun asked. "Is there a problem?"

"I mean, of course not, but I thought you never really liked being the center of attention, this double date will be everywhere!"

"Well, I was against it at first, but the idea didn't sound so bad. Besides, with you and me dating, not being the center of attention has been thrown out the window."

"Yeah but-" Seungcheol started, "actually, nevermind."

The following week, the halls were louder than normal, talk of where they were going to go, and rumors of them planning on breaking the law. But the rumors eventually subsided when Seungcheol pretty much lost it and made a speech about how their private lives should be kept private. 

***

Clothes on the floor, her room filled with all kinds of different fragrances, Yerin ruffled her hair in frusturation. Why was there nothing nice to wear? While trying on this shirt and that, all that went through her mind was: Will Seungcheol like this? Or maybe this? What if he dosen't like anything?! She didn't know why she thought of Seungcheol's opinion, she never thought about his opinion in anything, ever! Besides, shouldn't she be thinking about Vernon's opinion instead? Maybe it's to show Seungcheol that she's actually trying, yeah, that's it, or at least, that's what she convinced herself to be it.

The Chocolate Couple walked hand in hand to a nearby restaurant, one with abowling alley just across the street. As the two entered the building, Seungcheol found himself captivated by Yerin. Hair done up, make up, even a skirt! It's like he'd been shot straight through the heart. Then his eyes drifted towards her hands, fingers intertwined with the ones of her boyfriend, it felt like he'd been shot once more, but not in a good way.

The night continued smoothly, glances from Yerin to Seungcheol and vice versa, didn't go unnoticed. Both couples seemed to get along nicely as well, with a lot of help from Vernon and Dahyun. Usually, the two rivals would be off bickering like there was no tomorrow by now, but they both seemed shy towards each other, it was never like this.

Before they started the bowling match, Dahyun went outside because she didn't feel too good. Vernon went out with her because the other three thought it would be best for one of her close friends to check on her, especially because she didn't like people crowding around her.

"Do you think she'll be alright?" Yerin asked as she watched Vernon exit the door.

"She's Dahyun, she's really strong, I don't think worrying is what she'd want us to do." Seungcheol responded before rolling a bowling ball.

"Yah! Your girlfriend said she's sick and you just continue bowling?!" She yelled in disbelief.

"I'm actually really worried about her, okay? But just like I said, she's a strong girl. Watch your noise level too, we're in a public place, I thought your boyfriend would've taught you that by now." Yerin sighed before she picked up a bowling ball and went for her turn, after Seungcheol. Her ball ended up in the gutter 3 seconds later. It was Seungcheol's turn to sigh this time. He got up from his seat and grabbed her hands. "You're horrible at bowling..." He showed her all the basics, some even a second grader would know. The two blushed the whole time.

 

"You're 100 percent sure that this will work?" Asked Vernon.

"Yes, 110 percent at that. Sowon unnie even said that they liked each other, their rivalry just got in the way." Dahyun replied. "Get behing the wall more, they're going to see you!" 

 

"I never asked for your help you know." Spoke Yerin to her rival as she finished her turn.

"Well I was doing the right thing because apparently you at bowling." Retorted Seungcheol.

"Yah! I was just saying, you didn't have to reply in such a mean way," she started, "but tell me I one more time, and see what happens."

"You at bowling."

"You really want to die, don't you?" Yerin then grabbed Seungcheol by the collar and pulled his face closer to hers. Seungcheol's eyes widened and his face flushed pink. It was only a matter of time before Yerin did the same. The two stayed that way, unsure of what to do with their faces and bodies so close. Suddenly, Seungcheol felt his eyes closing and lips nearing hers, he wanted to pull away, but he wanted to feel his lips against hers too. Yerin closed her eyes too, any memory of her being his rival or her having a boyfriend, completely left her mind at this moment. It felt like they were in their own world when they kissed, like a giant weight had been lifted off their chests.

As they parted, they both blushed, speechless.

"I-i-" They both started. "You go first." The two spoke in unison once more. 

Seungcheol giggled, "I have three words I've been wanting to say for a really long time."

"Me too, I've only realized it awhile ago, but I've kept these feelings bottled up for as long as we've known each other." Replied Yerin.

"Okay, 3... 2... 1..."

"I love you!" Yerin spoke as she closed her eyes. Seungcheol broke out in quiet laughter. "Yah! What the heck Seungcheol?! You're a horrible person." Yerin repeatedly hit Seungcheol on the shoulder before he kissed her on the forehead. 

"I love you~" Seungcheol cutely told her.

 

a/n Omigosh!!! I'm so, so, so, so, so, sorry for such a long wait! I really do apologize, but I hope you enjoyed the story! I had quite a few plot ideas in mind for this too. I didn't add much to the ending because I think you could image what kind of stuff happened with Dahyun and Vernon, and with school too. Anyways, I apologize once again and thank you for your patience.