The '97 Liners

Seventeen Oneshots [OPEN + NEW STAFF]

Requested by: Dodepink

Pairing: Meanie

Author: Kuud3r3Baka

Started: 07/14/17

Finished: 07/21/17



Request:

Pairing: Meanie

Author: Kuud3r3Baka

Genre: fluff, canon!au

Plot: Wonwoo loved Mingyu with all his heart. He wasn't phased by the fact that Mingyu had numerous friends from the infamous '97 line, in fact, he found the relationship he had with them was pleasant. Or that was until the '97 line got a little to flirty for Wonwoo's taste, and he decided he needed to remind everyone that Mingyu was his.

 

Notes: First off, this takes place at KCON LA, which of course, hasn't even happened yet at the time I have written and posted this oneshot. I don't know if any of the events/collabs mentioned has actually happened, but who knows maybe it did and I'm a fortune teller-- Also, there are one or two curse words in here, I really hope you don't mind but I wanted to inform you just in case you don't like cursing. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this oneshot, it's pretty long so I do apologize for that-- But have a lovely day or night!



 

The '97 Line

Wonwoo was never the type to get jealous. If anything, Mingyu got jealous over anything Wonwoo did with the other members that wasn't him.

For example, the other day he and Chan were taking out the trash together. It was a simple little task that Wonwoo completed in no less than five minutes while Mingyu was in the shower.

But the second he got back to the dorms, Mingyu was standing in the doorway with a pout on his face. Despite him being soaking wet, he went into hug Wonwoo and scream, "Wonwoo, how dare you go out while I was in the shower! I could have gone down with you to take out the trash too! Don't leave me, please." Wonwoo had to cuddle and pepper Mingyu's pouty face with kisses just so the younger wouldn't ignore for the rest of the night.

Needless to say, Mingyu was certainly the jealous type, while Wonwoo was the complete opposite. Even when it came to Mingyu and his infamous '97 liner friends, he didn't mind Mingyu being all friendly with them backstage during performances. They were friends after all, and Mingyu would come bouncing back to him once he had talked with them for a few minutes.

So when they flew off to KCON LA, he wasn't worried in the slightest. Bambam, Yugyeom, Jaehyun, and Eunwoo were going to be there. But so was Dokyeom and Minghao, the other '97 liners aside from Mingyu. In theory, they should be just fine and Wonwoo would still be able to have his daily snuggles with Mingyu. And plus, they were performing on the next day! There wouldn't be much time for them to interact, and most certainly not steal his precious puppy away.

When the first day of rehearsals went by smoothly, Wonwoo was thankful, to say the least. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, everything went by according to the schedules the managers gave them. Now, it was time to chill and relax in their hotels, and hopefully not have another "Hyung I forgot the combination to my suitcase!" situation.

He, Mingyu, Minghao, Jun, Chan, and Soonyoung were out in the lounge enjoying the view of the night sky when Mingyu called out to him, "Hyung," Wonwoo turned back to look at Mingyu who was sitting next to his suitcase which for some reason, he hadn't unpacked yet. He swore on every nerve of his body if Mingyu forgot his combination again he would let Minghao and Jun crack it open, literally

Holding his fingers crossed, Wonwoo replied, "Yeah, what do you need?" Mingyu stretched his arms out towards Wonwoo, silently beckoning for him to come. He quickly shuffled over to Mingyu, who immediately wrapped his arms around Wonwoo's body and pulled the elder for a tight embrace.

He honestly didn't know why he suddenly wanted a hug, but he certainly wasn't complaining. He could just enjoy Mingyu's sweet vanilla scene and his warm body while the others bickered around in their own world. As long as Wonwoo had Mingyu in his arms, he couldn't be a happier man.

"Hyung, you still smell like sweat and yet we left the venue like three hours ago," Mingyu's nose crinkled cutely. Wonwoo turned to the younger, looking at him with a playful glare. "Well someone took up all the hot water and spilled all the body wash, so you can blame that on yourself." A whine escaped Mingyu's throat as he buried his head into the crook of Wonwoo's neck. He lovingly patted Mingyu's hair when the latter squeezed his arms a little bit tighter around Wonwoo's body.

Being embraced by Mingyu like this reminded him why he was so nonchalant with Mingyu and his '97 line; because he always knew Mingyu had his heart and Wonwoo had his--

"Mingyu!" An unfamiliar voice called out to his boyfriend. Actually, scratch that. A very familiar voice called out to Mingyu, who turned to the source with a bright twinkle in his almond-shaped eyes.

"Jaehyunnie!" Mingyu unwrapped his arms around Wonwoo, leaving the latter to sit on the floor by himself as the others watched with curious eyes.

At the entrance of the lounge stood a tall, pale man with chestnut colored hair. A blinding white smile adorned the latter's face when his boyfriend ran and practically leaped into Jaehyun's arms. The two men stood there, hugging at the doorway with a handful of the Seventeen members eagerly watching Wonwoo as jealousy slowly bubbled up inside of him.

"Oh my God, Jaehyun what are you even doing here?! Shouldn't you be resting with the other NCT 127 members?" Mingyu asked Jaehyun, NCT 127's lead vocalist and dancer, rapper, and in Mingyu's own words, "One of the most handsome members in NCT". 

"They're in their rooms either eating or sleeping, and Taeyong is out doing his leader things with the manager. So I thought, 'Hey, why not go check out that balcony Mark was rambling about earlier,' and here I am! What a coincidence you guys were here." Jaehyun waved over to the other members sitting on the couches and Wonwoo. Minghao even went up to quickly greet him before going back to his conversation with Jun about God knows what.

"It was meant to be, Jaehyun. So, what did you guys think about the venue? Pretty cool, right?" Mingyu asked, and their conversation took off. Before Wonwoo knew it, Mingyu and Jaehyun were into a deep conversation that he didn't dare interrupt. He just watched as the two talked, being all touchy and casually handing each other gentle smiles.

He didn't even hear their maknae approach Wonwoo and plop next to him on the floor until he started to shake his shoulders violently. Wonwoo broke his gaze from the two '97 liners to face Chan, who was looking at him intently. "Wonwoo-hyung, are you okay? You've been looking at Mingyu-hyung and Jaehyun-hyung since he got here."

Wonwoo shook his head softly, "Yes, I'm okay, Chan. Just curious about what they're talking about--"

"Then why don't you go up there and join their conversation?" Jun interjected, eyebrow raised suspiciously. He simply shrugged, glancing back at his boyfriend to see Jaehyun's arms wrap around Mingyu's waist, and his nails dug into the seams of his shirt.

Wonwoo knew he really shouldn't be getting jealous over a little bit of skinship. Jaehyun and Mingyu were good friends after all, and Jaehyun knew of their relationship, so theoretically he shouldn't even have to worry. They even saw each other frequently backstage on music shows last month since they were promoting around the same time. 

But the more he watched Jaehyun and Mingyu talk to each other, the more aware he became of Jaehyun's movements. The way he'd move a bit closer to Mingyu while they were talking, and how he would play with Mingyu's fingers. He even had the guts to wrap his arm around Mingyu's waist when Wonwoo was sitting right there behind them. 

"Wonwoo-hyung, don't be a jealous snickerdoodle. Nothing is gonna happen to Mingyu-hyung." Now Minghao slithered up around Wonwoo, patting the elder's back comfortingly.

Minghao's words resonated in Wonwoo's head. Jealous, he refused to admit out loud he had even the smallest drop of jealousy in his system. He was perfectly fine with the way Jaehyun pulled Mingyu closer to him, or how he whispered things in his ears that made Mingyu smile like crazy. Not even a milliliter of jealousy inside of him. Not one.

Instead, he chose to continue to watch their interaction with hawk-like eyes as the two poked at him with remarks of jealousy, despite him insisting that he wasn't. A huge smile bloomed on Wonwoo's face when Jaehyun waved goodbye to his boyfriend and left, with Mingyu bouncing back to Wonwoo as per usual.

The elder wrapped his arms protectively around Mingyu's waist and kissed the base of his neck, a gruff "Mine." leaving his lips as he pulled Mingyu closer to him. And Mingyu, being the clueless puppy that he was, turned and looked at the others with a curious glint in his eyes. None of them replied, or at least Soonyoung couldn't when Jun slapped a hand over his mouth and smiled reassuringly at Mingyu, who just shrugged it off and enjoyed Wonwoo's cuddles.

 

After that whole ordeal at the hotel, Wonwoo became more clingy, never letting Mingyu leave his side for more than a few minutes. Sure, s poked at him for it but he didn't really care about it, he just cared about Mingyu not being stolen away by his same aged friends.

During the last day of rehearsals, everything went by so smoothly that Wonwoo was convinced that nothing would happen on the last day.

 

But he was oh so wrong

 

The second they stepped foot in the venue, Wonwoo knew something was about to happen. The usually energetic atmosphere was a bit too tense for Wonwoo's liking. Staff curiously looked at his boyfriend for a few more seconds than he was comfortable with before whispering to each other quietly as they walked by for rehearsal. Even during lunch breaks on sets, he felt that whenever someone would walk by and eye Mingyu as if they were expecting something. Undeniably, something was going to happen to Mingyu, or maybe Seventeen themselves.

The thought of something happening to the brothers he loved more than anything else in the world scared him to death. Especially since Minghao, Jun, Soonyoung, and Jihoon were the only ones capable of defending themselves if something happened. The rest of them were screwed if someone tried to come for them.

So, as a normal person would do, he kept a close eye out on Mingyu. He knew perfectly well the latter looked intimidating and could certainly pack a punch, but on the inside, he was a soft, cuddly puppy who craved chocolate kisses and midnight snacks. 

He always made sure to keep Mingyu in his view, whether he be right in front of him or he could see him out of the corner of his eyes. Call him cautious but he was not about to lose the love of his life to some kind of freak accident or some playboy on the run. 

As they had just finished practicing for their collaboration stage with SF9 and VIXX, Seventeen tiredly walked off stage after properly bowing and thanking everyone there. Learning the new dances and order for everything was tiring, and Wonwoo honestly wanted nothing more but to relax at the hotel's pool.

But, they all lingered at the venue, watching the others practice with great passion. Wonwoo was sure he spoke for the rest of the members when he said that the other artists that were practicing were intriguing and stunning, he couldn't look away. They put in a great deal of effort into everything, and that just made Wonwoo even happier knowing that they'd perform with such talented people.

And then Astro, GOT7, and NCT127 walked up on stage and swore he saw Mingyu straighten up when his friends appeared. Wonwoo couldn't help but frown a little bit when Mingyu's eyes sparkled when he made eye contact with any of the '97 liners. "Hyung, do you see Bambam, Yugyeom, Eunwoo, Jaehyun, and Winwin?! They all look so good," Mingyu whispered as they were warming up.  

Wonwoo forced a smile on his face, "They sure do, Mingyu." Mingyu let out a content hum, turning back to the stage where the other boy groups stood. He was glad Mingyu didn't take notice of how his fist clenched when they looked over at his Mingyu, or how their flirty winks made his teeth grind.

"Hyung, are you sure you're not jealous?" Minghao asked him again. Wonwoo shook his head 'no', earning a glare from the Chinese male. "I swear to on Soonyoung's love for SHINee that you're ing jealous." 

"Minghao, watch your language around here." Joshua scolded before turning back to Jeonghan to talk about their own things. Minghao simply shrugged, giving Wonwoo one last look before turning back to watch the other artists.

Wonwoo swore to himself he wouldn't be getting jealous. And yet, here he was getting riled up over Bam Bam's stupid heart signs towards Mingyu.

Mingyu was perfectly fine and happy with the '97 line, why should he be jealous of their bond anyways? That was a question he asked himself and failed to answer when he saw a bright smile break out on Mingyu's face whenever any one of them waved in his direction. And sometimes he asked himself what it would be like if he was a part of the '97 line? Would Mingyu be even more affectionate with him? All the questions Wonwoo thought about but didn't want to get caught up in smacked him right in the face in that moment.

With a sigh, Wonwoo leaned back to watch as the '97 liners rehearse and simultaneously flash loving gestures towards his boyfriend. Part of him wanted to forget his morals and go crazy, but the sane half of him didn't want to ruin their group's image or Mingyu's friendships because of his stupid jealousy.

It was only about twenty minutes into their rehearsal when Yugyeom suddenly screamed into his mic, "Mingyu-hyung! I love you~!" when the fuse finally blew out for Wonwoo. If that wasn't the icing on top of the cake, the rest of the '97 liners, even the other members who weren't friends with his boyfriend, screamed: "I love you!".

He was perfectly fine with Mingyu's friends. About as fine as Jihoon is with the other members hugging him. But when they start flirting with his Mingyu, things would get ugly.

Mingyu noticed his changed demeanor. His curled up fists and gritted teeth said it all. "Hyung, don't worry, okay? I only love you," He held Wonwoo's hand tightly, toying with the elder's fingers and rubbing his leg until Wonwoo visibly relaxed.

Wonwoo did relax, but on the inside, his blood was still boiling. He, of course, trusted Mingyu's words and he knew the latter loved him, but that wasn't enough to keep the others away. He wanted to keep Mingyu all to himself, without all the extra flirting in the background. 

But just because his boyfriend was being all cuddly and reassuring with him didn't mean he or his friends were off the hook. And he would make sure they were very aware of the fact that Mingyu was his.

"Uh... Hyung? Are you alright? You're smiling really weirdly when you watch them," Mingyu nudged his shoulder. He looked back at his boyfriend and squeezed his hand with a gentle nod. His softened smile convinced Mingyu that he was fine, even though he had other intentions in mind.

 

It was about ten o' clock at night when the last rehearsal ended. The technicians were wrapping things up and managers ushering their artists to their vans. Wonwoo could feel the depleted energy of everyone there, including his own members. The atmosphere felt so dead, but he, on the other hand, was energized.

He trotted down the stairs with Mingyu holding his hand, basically speeding past Seungcheol and the managers to drag Mingyu on stage. "Wonwoo-hyung what--" Mingyu let go of Wonwoo's hand when the other asked one of the sound technicians for a microphone, who looked just as puzzled as him. But they gave him the microphone anyway, despite Mingyu's frantic look telling him otherwise.

Wonwoo hastily turned the microphone on and made sure it worked, he only had a minute or two before one of his managers jumped up on stage to fetch the two. So with a loud and confident voice, he said, "Hey, everyone, can I have your attention really quickly?"

The air froze around them. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at Wonwoo with Mingyu shyly hiding behind him. Even Seungcheol looked baffled at what Wonwoo was doing but only stood still when Wonwoo gripped the microphone tightly.

"I just wanted to say that this man right here," He held Mingyu's hand up with pride and a bright smile on his face. He could hear Mingyu's hushed "hyung's" but he continued on with what he was saying anyway. "His name is Kim Mingyu, and he's my boyfriend and the love of my life. I love Mingyu very, very much, he's mine. Anyone who says otherwise can face my wrath."

Wonwoo turned to Mingyu, who's face was a very deep shade of red that he desperately tried to cover with his hands. He let out a soft chuckle, kissing Mingyu square on the lips right on stage where everyone could see them. Including that '97 line, who he saw the second he pulled away from Mingyu with a shocked expression on their faces. 

"Woohoo, Mingyu, go get some!" BamBam's voice suddenly broke the silence. It wasn't very loud, but Wonwoo heard it crystal clear, and Mingyu did too. The younger hid his face in Wonwoo's shoulder bashfully, sticking the middle finger up towards that '97 liner group who laughed profusely. Wonwoo found his flustered expression absolutely adorable.

"Hyung, what was that for?!" Mingyu hit Wonwoo's chest repeatedly as he gave back the microphone to the sound technician, who gave them both a silent thumbs up before he walked away.

Wonwoo's response was a simple shrug and a peck on the cheek. "I just wanted to, that's all."

Mingyu narrowed his eyes at the latter, giving one last punch to his chest. "If you were jealous hyung, you could have just said so, silly." He said with a soft voice. But Wonwoo could tell that Mingyu was both embarrassed and flattered, that blush on his cheek didn't go unseen in Wonwoo's eyes.

"I'm not jealous, I just felt like announcing to everyone that I loved you and if someone said that they loved you more, I would have challenged them to a fight," Wonwoo said with a chuckle as Mingyu hit him again, this time on the back of the head. But he heard no complaints, only hearing a nearly inaudible sigh from Mingyu as laid his head on Wonwoo's shoulder.

Wonwoo walked off stage with a radiant glow on his face. Seungcheol and the managers were scolding him, but he didn't really care in all honesty. The only thing he cared about was seeing that dumbfounded look on all of the '97 liner's faces, and Mingyu snuggling closer to him unconsciously. And with a soft laugh, he whispered, "Mine." and kissed Mingyu on the lips for the second time in front of them, ignoring Seungcheol's fake moans of disgust as he s his arms around Mingyu's waist and pulled him in closer.