Baekyeol (High School)

Our Story

"I absolutely hate that Yoda wannabe!" Baekhyun hissed as the giant walked into the cafeteria with his group of friends. 

"Shut it Baek. You're just mad because Chanyeol hasn't officially asked you out yet." Kyungsoo said with a roll of his eyes. 

"Easy for you to say! Kai asked you out the day he got his license. And keep your mouth shut Lu, Sehun has been your boyfriend since he moved in next to you in kindergarten. I've been hinting to this oaf since we were fourteenth take the next step in our relationship. It's been four years and we have made ZERO progress. I hate him." Baekhyun was seething as he looked at his two best friends. 

"He takes you out on friend dates, though! Maybe he's just nervous about taking you out on boyfriend dates. It took Hunnie a full three months to talk to me because he was too nervous. Obviously, I could NEVER reject my Sehunnie, but he thought I would." Luhan signed dreamily.  

"Judging from the matching promise rings you both wear, I think he knows you would and could never reject him. Channie on the other hand is stupid if he thinks I am unable to reject him. Honestly, if he keeps making me wait I will just date Daehyun. He's been asking me out for ages, but I always said no because I always thought that today would be the day I would become Park Chanyeol's boyfriend. I'm sick of waiting for him like a lovesick puppy!" Baekhyun huffed as he began to eat his lunch. 

"Maybe he just needs a good luck in the to move him forward. Lay needed one and now he has been happily dating Duh I got an entire year now." Kyungsoo reminded him, but it didn't make Baekhyun any less angry. 

"I don't think a kick in the face could make him ask me out any sooner. Four years is where I m drawing the line. I'm sorry guys, but your ship has finally sank." Baekhyun announced firmly. 

"Isn't that a little harsh?" Luhan asked as Baekhyun shook his head no. 

"Isn't making someone wait four years a little harsh? I've done everything I can to make him understand. If four years of hints couldn't get him to confess and make me his boyfriend, then nothing will." Baekhyun replied. 

"Do whatever makes you happy Baek." Kyungsoo said with a forced smile. 

For the rest of lunch, the three boys, mainly Baekhun, gossiped and complained about their classes. Anything to do with dating and relationships was heavily avoided, but every now and then Kyungsoo and Luhan caught their friend stealing glances at Chanyeol until lunch ended. After the bell rang, the three boys went their separate ways. Luhan wandered off to Art with his boyfriend Sehun and Kyungsoo forced his boyfriend Jongin to go to their Home Economics class. Baekhyun on the other hand had to walk alone to his stupid English class.

 “Baekkie!” A voice screamed when he entered the English wing. The young boy jumped about four feet into the air before turning around to face Daehyun.

“Oh, hi Daehyun. You scared me.” Baekhyun replied as he placed a hand on his chest and gave him a smile. 

“Sorry Baekkie. I was just looking for you because I was hoping that you might be free after school today.” Daehyun said shyly. “I mean if you don’t want to that’s fine too! We could do something another time!” Daehyun said quickly. Baekhyun bit his lip and looked down at his shoelaces. He didn’t want to go out with Daehyun tonight, but he made it clear to his friends that he would get over Chanyeol and date Daehyun.

“I am actually free after class today. Meet me by my locker and we can talk then.” Baekhyun gave him a small smile and Daehyun nodded happily before running off to his own class.

“What are you doing talking to him?” Chanyeol asked as he walked up behind Baekhyun.

“It’s none of your business and don’t talk about him in that tone Chanyeol.” Baek replied angrily.

“Why? You don’t even like the guy. He annoys you about dating him all the time.” Chanyeol said as he and Baekhyun walked into their shared class.

“I do like Daehyun actually. In fact, we are planning to go on a date tonight after class. And I don’t think he’s annoying, I just think that he needs to ask me at better times. Anyway, he’s sweet and doesn’t wait a million years to get what he wants because he knows that the person he likes feels the same way!” Baekhyun spat angrily. He probably gave away a little too much information, but at that point Baek didn’t care.

“You’re going on a date with him?” Chanyeol asked, clearly shocked, as the two sat down at their desks.

“Yes. He asked me out and I agreed. I might even become his boyfriend soon so don’t talk in a degrading tone or anything like that. You can’t even think bad things about him.” Baekhyun told him.  

Before Chanyeol had a chance to respond class began. The two boys didn’t get another chance to speak to each other before school ended, but throughout the rest of the day Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol seemed kind of off. He was not the usual happy virus he was known to be. Baekhyun was facing a bit of inner turmoil. He was pretty pissed that Chanyeol said something about Daehyun, but he also was not mad for the right reason. Was he in love with Daehyun? No, but he was sure that he could learn to love the guy. All he needed to do was go on a few dates and fall out of love with a giant. He could so do this. He is Byun Baekhyun. At the same time, however, he absolutely wanted Chanyeol to jump in and tell him that he could not go on a date with Daehyun because he was madly in love with Baekhyun and Baek belonged to him. Did that happen? No.

On his walk back to his locker after class Baekhyun was joined by a few of his friends. He was mostly joined by them because Kyungsoo and Luhan had lockers near his so they always walked together, but he was joined y them either way. Kai and Sehun always drove their boyfriends home, or to a surprise date, the two boys also joined the walk to their lockers. Sadly, Chanyeol chose today of all days to also walk to the three boys lockers.

“So do you know what you’re doing on your date tonight?” Luhan asked after Baekhyun told his friends what happened with Daehyun.

“No idea. We’re going to talk about it at my locker after I put away my stuff.” Baek replied with a small smile.

“I hope it’s something fun! Sehunnie and I had our first high school date as a couple at the zoo and it was AMAZING! Didn’t we have a lot of fun Hunnie?” Luhan asked the blonde on his right while giving him a beautiful smile.

“Of course we had fun my little deer. I went there with you. I love you more and more every single day.” Sehun smiled dreamily before placing a kiss on the shorter man’s head causing Luhan to blush.

“I feel the same about you Hunnie.” Luhan told him.

“Enough mushy stuff. Shouldn’t we be worried about him going on a date with a guy that we all know is obsessed with him?” Chanyeol asked.

“Of course not. Daehyun is a great guy and liking someone doesn’t mean you are obsessed.” Kyungsoo responded.

“Yeah, I like the guy. He’s really funny.” Kai added with a smile.

“Well I don’t like him and I think Baekhyun shouldn’t be going on this date.” Chanyeol announced.

“He is right here and I think you need to stop. I’m not your boyfriend Chanyeol. If I want to go on a date with a boy that I like, then I am going on a date with that guy.” Baekhyun said.

“What the hell are you talking about Baek?” The giant asked. “Baekhyun I have been in love with you since we were like five! I have called you my boyfriend for the last like two years. What do you think those times we went out together were? Friendship dates? No! It was me taking you out on dates so you would be my boyfriend!” He yelled.

“Are you serious? I’m not a mind reader Chanyeol! You never once asked me to be your boyfriend!” Baekhyun glared at the giant when Chanyeol shool his head and then Baek punched him and huffed.

“Fine! You can’t go on a stupid date with Daehyun because you’re mine Baekhyun, so will you be my boyfriend?” Baekhyun continued to glare at his boyfriend before nodding his head yes. Within seconds Chanyeol captured the love of his life in a kiss and the inner turmoil inside of Baek was gone.