I'll have your back -Himchan pt. 1-

Free Fall

This somehow got a lot longer than planned o.O so I decided to split it into two parts ^^

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy this (Him)chapter (my puns are getting worse by the minute... you get it? Himchan + Chapter = Himchapter???? Still not funny???? ok...)


I open the door to my boss' office and enter the room. There I am greeted by his strict gaze, directed straight into my eyes.

"I have awaited you, Y/N" he greets me, not moving from his bureau chair.

"Why did you call me here?" I ask and he gives me a knowing smirk - the one he always gives his agents when he sends them on life-threatening missions. Which basically means he smiles like that almost every time he gives us a mission, since most of them are pretty dangerous.

"Well" he leans back, so that his beer belly shows under his shirt, and starts explaining, "I'll send you to South Korea this time. To be more precise, to the capital, Seoul."

"Why do I need to go there? I thought we only take on missions that involve Europe" I respond. I hope Mr. Brook changes his mind about sending me there, because I really do not want to travel around half of the earth at the moment. But, as to be expected, he doesn't.

"You know, Y/N, the thing is, we're cooperating with a similar organization to ours in Seoul, but they do not have any agents who are willing to go against an enemy like him. And since you speak a bit Korean, we both think it would be best to send you there."

"Okay, but who is he?", I ask. Really, can't they force one of their people to take care of the target like I'm being forced into this right now?

"He is known as The Golden Fang" Mr. Brook says.

"Oh, well that changes the situation..."

The Golden Fang is the leader of Korea's current nr. 1 underground gang. They're a bunch of dangerous criminals, assumed to be hundreds in numbers. Still, why must I be sent there...?

----------

It's exactly 10 p.m. and I am starting my daily patrol through the darker districts in Seoul, in hopes of finding some hints about The Golden Fang. As everyday, I expect nothing thrilling to happen, but I carry around a gun anyways, just to be safe. As I stroll through some narrow side streets, I take in all kinds of stimuli. I feel a light breeze on my neck and I can smell food from a booth nearby. I get a little hungry, since I haven't had dinner yet due to work, but I don't let that distract me. And then I hear gun shots in the distance. I immediately come to a halt and concentrate on my hearing. There is another shot, two, three shots, and with each, they seem to come closer. I hide in a shady spot near the street I'm in and keep listening. From here, I can perfectly watch this street and I also have sight on the parallel street, through another narrow side street. There, a frightened girl stands and she seems not to be able to move even an inch. I pray that she starts running before it's too late, but as soon as the first group of men come running, they just pass her by without even looking at her. I swallow and hope that the next group will leave her alone as well, since I can hear some more footsteps. And fortunately they do - until the last member of the group, a tall blonde man passes her by, but immediately steps back and...

"They're talking?" I murmur and place my right hand on the grip of the gun, ready to attack at any time, should he do something to her. But instead, he just continues running after a while. The girl seems to be safe now, so I decide to follow the men. They are obviously from two different parties, but one of the groups could be followers of The Golden Fang, so I have to catch up to them and try to capture at least one person. Honestly, my guts tell me the latter are the ones I'm looking for, since The Golden Fang's gang is known to be very aggressive. So the ones chasing are more likely to be his followers than the ones being chased.

I take off into the darkness and run after them. I have to concentrate on hearing their footsteps, because I can't see them at the moment. But they're being loud anyways and the addition of occasional shooting helps too. At some point, they seem to split up and I continue running in the direction where I think most of them should be. After chasing them at full speed for about 10 or 15 minutes, I finally come to a halt in an open storehouse. Catching my breath, I sneak into the building and scan the area, finding a person who isn't hiding very well, holding his gun close.

"I'll get you..." I think and tiptoe around him, until I stand in his blind spot behind him. Now I creep up to the man, who is panting heavily and who doesn't seem to hear me. Upon finally putting my gun to his head from behind, he flinches and inhales in surprise.

"Got you..." I say triumphantly, moving to his front without letting the gun leave his head. He stares down at me with a serious, but surprisingly beautiful face. He could be a model like this, why is he part of a street gang...?

"You! Who are you?" I ask him, but he doesn't even bother speaking.

"I asked you something" I say, pressing the gun onto his skin even harder. He seems to understand what I want to imply by doing that, so he opens his mouth.

"Kim Himchan" is his response, spoken with a deep, husky voice.

"Whose side are you on?" I pose the next question.

"Not yours, as it seems..." he replies cockily.

"You! Do you want to die? If not, then you better give me a proper answer!" He swallows and furrows his brows.

"I'm on my own side."

"Meaning?" I'm slowly getting impatient. "You're not with The Golden Fang, are you?"

"No. But those guys who we chased earlier are." He finally gives me an answer I can work with. I take the gun away from his head.

"Okay, then I'll leave you alone" I state and turn around, only to hear him say, "You're just going to leave me like this, when I haven't had my revenge yet?" He points out his weapon to make me the one standing at gunpoint, but I am faster and I grab his arm with one hand, turn around, so that I now stand close enough to him to touch his front and I put my own gun under his chin.

"Don't try any funny business!" I warn him with a firm look in my eyes.

"Okay, I'll leave you alone, please let go..." he says. I stare at him, not sure if I should trust him. Making him wait too long, his eyes light up after having enough time staring into my face.

"But you know" he then says. "You sure are pretty."

"What are you...?" I exclaim in irritation after his sudden statement. "Don't think I'll let you off the hook just because you try to get on my good side!"

"No, I mean it, you're pretty" he continues, scanning my face up and down for probably the tenth time in a row. "What's your name?"

"We're not at a club! Quit playing with me!" I shout.

"Sht!" He puts the index finger of his free hand on my lips and I wonder if I should just bite him. On the other hand, he might find that - he seems like that type of guy - and since I don't want to send any wrong signals, I leave it be. "You'll attract the other's attention!"

I must admit, his warning is reasonable, so I tone it down a bit.

"Give me the gun" I demand and let go of his arm, now placing my hand under his weapon. He stares at me for a few seconds, then he drops it into my hand. I put both guns into the pockets in my jacket and move away from him a few steps. He seems to have enjoyed standing so close to me, because now I can sense a glimpse of disappointment in the look he gives me. At the same time, he can't be that sad about me moving away, because now he can scan my whole body with those eyes of his.

"Why are men such pigs?" I ask, not expecting a response. But he gives me one anyway, though in the shape of a question.

"Why are women so shy about their bodies?" I narrow my eyebrows. "Isn't it fine if a guy looks at them? That only means he finds her pretty" he justifies his behavior and continues looking. I sigh. But he isn't done with that.

"Since we now know that we aren't enemies..." he starts, but I interrupt him.

"Who said that?"

"Well, we're both after The Golden Fang."

"Are we?"

"I thought you were!"

"I am."

"So are we." Himchan gives me a satisfied look.

"Who is we?" I keep asking questions.

"Me and my gang. Yongguk, Daehyun, Youngjae, Zelo, and..." he hesitates.

"And who?"

"...some other guy I don't like talking about."

"Why?" I can't remember when I last asked so many questions in a row.

"I don't trust him" Himchan just flat out admits.

"Then why don't you throw him out?" I'm not done yet with asking...

"I don't think that's such a good idea. He likes revenge... But that wasn't where I was going." He finally returns to his original request. "Can I get your number?" My eyebrows move upwards and for a moment I don't know if I should laugh or slap him.

"As in phone number?" I ask, as I can't quite believe someone who I just threatened to kill is asking for such a thing.

"Yes" he says and emphasizes his response with a nod.

"Of course not" I decline on the spot.

"But I'm sure we'll get along well!"

"No, I don't think this is a good idea... Anyway, I really have to go now, so if you'll excuse me..." I say and start walking away.

"Can you at least tell me your name?"

I do as told, regretting my actions as soon as the last syllable has left my mouth, and then I return back home.

 

The aftermath is horrible. And by that I don't mean of the fight, but of my and Kim Himchan's meeting. During the day, while sitting at my laptop, supposed to work, I oftentimes catch myself thinking of him. I remember our conversation and let it play out in my head every now and then. Sometimes I ask myself where he is right now, how he is doing, and if he occasionally thinks of me as well... After a while of not really getting any work done due to my awakening feelings, I decide to look into him a bit. I search my organization's data bank and soon enough, I find his profile. Kim Himchan, born on April 19th, 1990, the leader of a Korean underground gang resident in Seoul. They haven't really committed any serious crimes so far, only robberies, minor assaults, and so on. Well, these crimes are of course not to be taken lightly, but I deal with murderers and terrorists on a daily basis, so these criminal activities don't shock me. There are also a few unsolved crimes the group is responsible for. Another fact in his record catches my eye. His group really seems to be going against The Golden Fang, and their last documented activities all have something to do with him. A ridiculous thought crosses my mind, but I brush it away as soon as it appears and shake my head. There are also pictures from various angles of his face on the page and I take my time to examine them closely.

"No matter what, he does look even better in real life..." I mumble to myself. I sigh and get up to search for something to drink. In the small fridge of my hotel room I only find a water bottle, some soda, and a can of beer. Unimpressed by either of the drinks, I close the door again and decide to take a stroll to the next supermarket to clear my head. But instead, my thoughts just wander off again. Where to? I don't think I need to answer this...

Coming back, I'm equipped with a little more alcohol than originally planned. It's still early in the evening, I can't start drinking now... So I put away most of it and just mix myself a quick drink of which I learned the recipe from one of my collegues back home. After emptying the glass, I put it away and place myself in front of the bathroom mirror, where I start giving a speech to myself.

"Now listen here, Y/N. This is not the first time you find yourself attracted to someone who's clearly off-limits for you. And yes, Kim Himchan is attractive - like, really attractive - and by that I mean as hot as the sun-" yeah, okay, I shouldn't have put that much alcohol in the drink "-buuuuuut he's a damn criminal! Yeah! That's right!" I pound onto the mirror with my fist. "So, even though he seems like the perfect guy, you can't have him! You can't even try. Even though he probably wouldn't turn you down, but still!" I stem my hands into my hips and puff out my chest. "Just leave him alone! And don't ask him to help you out with catching Goldie!" Oops, seems like I just voiced out the irresponsible thought I had earlier on. With the shame weighing heavily on my shoulders, I decide to skip my patrol today and just stay home to drink. Which probably wasn't the best of all ideas. Because halfway through my journey in the lands of booze, I get a call I barely manage to take.

"Agent Y/N? We have found The Golden Fang's new location. You need to head over there as quickly as possible" the agent on the other end of the speaker informs me. Despite all the alcohol in my blood, I somehow pull myself together and get out. I use the data I was sent to track down our target, even though I know fully well that I'm not being careful enough. Aside from the occasional staggering, I make too much noise and I am not alert at all. Because of that, it's no wonder I didn't hear one of Goldy's men sneak up behind me. Only when he wraps his arm around my throat and tries to strangle me, I take note of him.

"I'm... screwed..." I think, when suddenly, I hear a gunshot nearby and the man lets go of me. I fall onto the ground head first and I can only hear what's going on around me in bits and pieces. In the end, the man seems to take flight and another person crouches down beside me.

"What happened to you, Y/N?" I hear a deep, familiar voice ask. A warm hand grabs my shoulders and pulls me up into a sitting position. I look at the person's face and immediately recognize him.

"Kim Himchan!" I say, not really making any effort to hold back my joy about seeing him.

"You... something's not right with you. You shouldn't be that helpless." He places a hand on my forehead and I grin like an idiot and start purring. He takes his hand away and utters, "You're drunk..."

"True that" I answer without denying it. Why would I, it's obvious anyway.

"Tell my your address, I'll bring you home" he proposes and helps me stand up.

"Why would I give you my address? You only want to stalk me, right?" I retort, trying to shake him off, but he has a frim grip on me.

"I don't. Now please, for your own good..."

"Don't try to pressure me into giving you information!" I interrupt him. "It ain't gonna work." He lets out a pained sigh.

"Now look, you have two options: First, tell me your address so that I can get you home safely. Second, stay here and probably get shot to death." He peers into my eyes with a serious look, but my drunken self decides to completely destroy the mood.

"Third, you'll take me home to your house" I suggest, as I give him a seductive look and a less seductive grin. He shakes his head.

"First you don't even want to give me your number, and now you want to go to my place? I really don't get women..." he tells me with that husky voice of his. Ahhhh, how I could die for hearing him speak...

"Well, you don't need to get it" I say as I step closer to him. With my hormones having taken over my whole existence, I trace a finger across his chest and start drawing random circles. He soon reaches out to take a hold of my hand in order to stop me from what I am doing.

"You don't like it...?" I ask, pouting.

"That's not it, just... You're not in your right mind!" he whispers.

"How rude..." I just retort. He then commences leading me somewhere. At first I just walk along, but when we reach a car, I finally get suspicious.

"Are you kidnapping me?" I shout and take out my gun, pointing it right at his head.

"Hey, hey, give me that..." he speaks and takes the weapon out of my weak grip, putting it in his jacket.

"Now I'm defenseless thanks to you, Oppa!"

"...Please don't call me that and get in..." He opens the car door and following his hand that's pointing towards the inside, I sit down in the front seat. Himchan gets in on the other side and drives us in the direction of the city center, where he parks his car in front of a high appartement complex. We get out and as I start moving into the wrong direction, he quickly gets a hold of my arm.

"This way, please." He leads me to an elevator, with which we go up to some floor - I don't remember which one. Then we proceed to walk to a door, that Himchan unlocks and opens. He lets me enter first and then closes the door after getting in himself. The appartement is bigger than I though it would be and I find the bedroom on the first try, where I immediately throw myself onto the matress. Himchan follows and leans against the door frame, sighing and ing the first button of his black shirt.

"Come here!" I command him and slam my hand into the matress next to me. He just lets out yet another sigh and comes over, sitting down on the bed as far away from me as possible.

"You know" I start, a sudden wave of sentimentality overcoming me, "about the phone number. You really want it right? Then I'll tell you." I start saying the numbers, one by one, without waiting for his response or for him to even take out something to write it down. After hesitating for a while, he grasps his chance, pulls out his phone and makes me start from the beginning, after a discussion about him not listening to other people and being disrespectful. But in the end, he manages to save my number, as it seems. I roll myself onto the belly and pinch his thigh with my finger.

"Wanna do it now?" I suggest, peering up at him with puppy eyes.

"I don't think so" he says. "You should sleep."

"So you don't find me attractive!!" I yell out and pretend to cry. He just rolls his eyes in response, gets up, leaves the room and returns with a glass of milk for me.

"Drink that, that'll help." He hands the drink over to me, but ends up assisting me while drinking it, since I would have probably spilled half of the liquid if he didn't. He announces that he was going to take a shower and he warns me not to do anything stupid, to which I ask if I could watch him. In the end, I just curl up on one side of the double bed and in no time, I drift off to sleep.

 


Yaha~

I hope you liked the first part! Please do leave a comment, I would very much appreciate it :)