I'll have your back -Himchan pt. 2-

Free Fall

Back with the second part; I don't wanna keep you waiting too long, so I'll end the intro here^^


The first thing I notice after waking up is that the wall I'm facing has a slightly different color than the one in my hotel room. Worriedly I sit up. The sheets also feel slightly different. I turn my head a little to the left and - I find a pale hand placed on my side of the bed. As I recognize the person connected to it, mushy memories come back to me, but I can't remember anything clearly. My head slightly hurts and I recall drinking, going out and being attacked, but I don't know what happened after that, except it had something to do with Himchan, who is currently lying next to me, eyes closed and seemingly still sleeping. As I enjoy the view of his beautifully defined face, a form of panic hits me. I look down on myself and into my shirt to find any possible traces from last night. But there is nothing. Still - that doesn't prove that nothing in that direction happened. I see myself forced to take measures a step further and I lift up his blanket to see if he's wearing anything. Peeking, I'm greeted by the sight of his upper body. I immediately let the blanket fall back into place and as I'm about to cover my head in shock, Himchan opens his eyes.

"Hey, what are you looking at for? You had your chance yesterday!" he says cheekily and a smile shows up on his face. So did we...?!

"What exactly happened yesterday?" I want to know, still hoping for the best.

"You can't remember?" Himchan asks and sits up, with the blanket sliding down a bit, but he gets a hold of it before any more of his skin can be revealed. I shake my head.

"We didn't... do it, right?" Please say we didn't. Please say we didn't. Please say we didn't! 
"Well, you wanted to..." he tells me and picks up a T-shirt from the ground next to him, which he then puts on.

"Why do you assume that?!"

"You said it out loud pretty clearly" he answers and I feel a wave of embarrassment creeping up to me.

"I... I did?" I stutter. "So, did we...?" He looks at me.

"You weren't in your right mind yesterday, so that would've been a bit unfair, no?" I take a breath in relief. "But" he continues, "I couldn't hold back about one thing..."

"What thing? What did you do? You didn't touch me, did you?" He just smiles and gets up.

"You don't remember?"

"No!"

"Then you'll have to find out about that yourself. I'll go make breakfast." With that, he leaves the room and I'm alone with my thoughts. I try to figure out what he could have done, but it just wouldn't come back to my memories. After a while of thinking, I hear Himchan call my name, because breakfast is ready. As I sit there and eat, I decide to pose a certain question:

"Himchan-ssi, we're both after The Golden Fang, right? I have the mission to get rid of him, with whatever methods, and I want to ask you, if you and your followers can help me with that, since you know the area better." He looks at me and thinks. Then he slowly nods.

"Okay, I'll help you. Usually I'd have to ask for a huge amount of money in return, but if it's you..." He stops and furrows his brows. "In this case, if The Golden Fang is out of the way, that should be reward enough." But I'm not quite content with that.

"What do you want in return?" I ask.

"Nothing, it's okay..."

"I'm sure there's something" I insist.

"Then... A kiss." He looks down, then up again, then apologizes.

"I'm sorry, that went too far."

"No, it's okay. If it's just that, then I'll do it."

----------

We spent the following day planning our intrusion into The Golden Fang's current hideout. The day before the execution of our plan, Himchan introduces me to his gang members. There is Yongguk, the oldest and very silent one, Daehyun, a guy with a memorably bright smile, Youngjae, who seems really witty and intelligent, Zelo, the youngest and tallest, who acts shyly towards me, and Jongup, the one Himchan didn’t want to mention during our first meeting, a clearly dangerous guy – my instincts tell me to watch out for him.

On the day of the mission, we meet up in the guys’ hideout at 11 p.m.. There, I learn that I'm not the only female member of today's mission. There is another small, fragile looking girl, probably around the age of 18 or 19. Yongguk explains to me that she's his girlfriend and that she wanted to accompany him on one of their missions. Well, as long as she's not in the way... 

As soon as everyone is here and all weapons are loaded, we take off into the darkness of Seoul's nightlife. The Golden Fang should have his hideout about 2 kilometers to the north, in an old hall. As we arrive there, we split into groups of two: Youngjae and Daehyun, Zelo and Jongup, Yongguk and the girl, and Himchan and I. Each of the groups occupies one entrance to the building. While Himchan opens the door and checks the inside, I focus my attention on the happenings on the outside. But on both ends there is nothing - which doesn't really make me feel safe, but I still signalize Himchan to start the operation. As soon as we enter, the other teams come running in too, all armed with our handguns. Even in here, there are no people, and the stairs to the underground complex where The Golden Fang is hiding seem to be unprotected, but - as expected - only a few moments pass, until men wearing black and heavily armed with all kinds of fire weapons come running up the stairs and into the hall from outside, where they must have been hiding all along. The shooting immediately begins, but due to my training I can easily avoid getting hit and manage to kill or at least immobilize a few of the men instead. The guys on my side are quite professional with weapons as well, I'm only a little concerned about the girl. She's trying to hide behind one of the stacked boxes on the side of the hall, but doesn’t succeed. As I want to run over to her and protect her from a man who's approaching the trembling bundle, Yongguk doesn't even hesitate to instantly shoot him.

"I don't need to worry about her then..." I think and turn around, to ward off two men who are trying to finish me. I am faster and shoot one of them, while holding onto the other, then I hit the latter on the head with my gun, so that he loses consciousness on the spot and slumps down. 

"They keep getting more!" one of the guys screams through the fighting noises. I look around and see Himchan sneaking down the stairs. I run after him and manage to get down as well, after having to kill some more of our opponents. I arrive in a long, plain hallway, where Himchan alone is standing.

"Let's wait for the others to get here" he says and I use the time to reload my guns. By 'the others' Himchan means Jongup and Zelo, who are supposed to get down here as well, according to the plan. The other three and the girl stay in the hall and keep more of The Golden Fang's followers from getting down here. Though I really hope Yongguk's girlfriend gets out of this fight as soon as possible, because she really doesn't seem fit for this kind of thing. Shortly after, the other two arrive here and we proceed to walk towards the leader's room. Himchan has a map, wherever he got that from, so we all just silently follow him. Soon enough, a troop of black men come dashing towards us, and we can only rely on our speed to survive, because down here, there are almost no opportunities to hide. And we are quicker than them. After taking their lives, we continue walking in the direction, our leader guiding us. None of us is really bothered by killing people anymore. I myself have killed dozens already, while doing my job, and the guys seem to have killed people before as well. 

"So those might be the unsolved crimes in Himchan's record..." I think, but decide to keep this to myself as soon as I will have returned home. I owe him that. I watch his broad, reliable back moving in front of us and it somewhat gives me safety. Ah, I've never felt like this before... The emotions threaten to overwhelm me, so I brush them aside. This is not the time or place for this. But as I get rid of this one thought, another one appears. What did Himchan do to me that night, that he didn't want to tell me about? I vigorously shake my head and the question fades to nothing.

"Everything okay?" Zelo asks, whispering. I nod and I signify with a finger on my lips that he shouldn't talk. Next thing I know, Himchan abruptly stops and points to his ears. I listen, but I don't even need to concentrate much, because the footsteps keep coming closer fast. And then they're in front of us. A bunch of men with black suits and in their middle, The Golden Fang. He grins and a golden tooth shows, which gave him his name.

"You want me, right?" he asks, confident to be safe, surrounded by so many of his followers.

"Who else would we be after if we come down this stinking rat hole?" Himchan throws back. From the corner of my eye I see Jongup taking flight. This is not according to the plan! I run after him. He soon takes a turn and as I arrive there as well, I see him hiding, holding his gun close.

"What do you think you're doing?" I whisper sharply and hide next to him. He replies with a dirty grin.

"Well, I figured they'd come running in this direction, so I want to shoot him when he passes by."

"That's not the plan!" I argue.

"Hmpf. I don't need plans. Spontaneity is much more fun." I see a lust for killing in his eyes that I have never seen before. And despite being used to such extreme circumstances, I somehow become scared. No, not now...!

"You little... Stick to the plan! You're endangering your comrades!" He raises his eyebrows, telling me without words that he doesn't care about them. In that moment, footsteps can be heard again and soon, Zelo and Himchan run past us. Now I have to do something. I point my gun at the men and shooting a few of them, while Himchan and Zelo sometimes turn around and give off a few shots, of which not all hit their targets. As The Golden Fang runs by, I aim at him, but Jongup pushes me aside and leaps forward. Within the blink of an eye I hear a gunshot and see the once so confident Golden Fang slump down onto the ground, bleeding from his head. But that was not the end of it. All of his men who are still alive at this point turn to Jongup and start the fire. I immediately jump in and skillfully shoot one after the other, until they turn to me as well.

"Run!" I scream and take off, with the blue haired guy following closely. But he isn't done killing yet. Every so often, he turns around, shoots one of the men, and faces forward again. I look to my side and catch a glimpse of him, his eyes are lit up and on his mouth I find a broad grin. I swallow and think about how glad I am not to have him as my enemy. After some time of running, we reach the stairs, where Himchan shoots the last few of our chasers. Arriving in the hall again, I quickly realize that we are far from being safe. There are men in black everywhere, and Himchan's group members trying not to get themselves killed.

"We're retreating!" Himchan yells and starts running towards the nearest exit, but of course, the men try to prevent that and start shooting at him. I run a few steps behind him and get rid of some of the men, but they are too many. And then it happens. One of the bullets hits Himchan's side and he violently falls onto the ground. I pick him up as well as I can and drag him to behind some of the boxes, where we should be safe for some time, while someone else chases away our persecutors. 

"Himchan-ssi, are you okay?" I ask, crouching down above him, in order to shield him from any possible attackers.

"It's alright..." he replies, clearly in pain. A bullet hisses through the air, only a few millimeters above my back and Himchan pulls me down onto his chest.

"Did it hit you?" he wants to know worriedly. I shake my head and get into my earlier position. But instead, something else hit me: a memory. I finally remember what he did that he didn't want to tell me about. At the same time, I get a really strange feeling, a bad premonition.

"We can't get out of here safely unless we get rid of some more of them" I state.

"No, you can get out" Himchan answers.

"But I won't leave you!"

"Just go! It's okay, your mission has ended."

"But..." I search for another reasonable excuse not to leave him here. And I find one. "But I haven't given you your reward yet, for helping me!" His eyes widen.

"It was just a joke anyways, so why..." I stop him from talking by lowering my head. With my eyes, I try to convey that it has become something I want to do. Only a moment later, I press my lips on his, blocking out all the noise around us for just one second. We part again and I stand up.

"Plan C!" I shout into the hall and find Zelo in the mass, who nods at me and points at one of the boxes.

"You can't! That's far too dangerous, Y/N!" Himchan tries to prevent me from pulling it through, but I already start moving toward the box. There, I pull out a hidden machine gun and start firing shots at the men. Unfortunately though, I feel a bit too safe with such a huge weapon on my hands and only seconds later, I get hit by a bullet in the thigh and by a second one in the shoulder. I stop shooting and fall to the ground, after dropping the gun. As my head hits the ground, I hear faraway sirens and then, everything goes black.

----------

It's been about a month since waking up in the hospital after my mission in Seoul. After going unconscious during the fight, I was somehow found and brought back to Europe, into our facility's own medical building. Back then the first thing I asked after opening my eyes was how the others were doing, but of course nobody knew about them. I decided to leave them out of my mission report as well, not to get them into any danger. Still, I really want to know if they all survived the operation, and especially how Himchan's doing. I must admit, I miss him more than I want to. Everyday I wake up and the first thing I feel is how I want to see his face and his smile and how I crave just being with him. I sometimes wish myself back to the night we spent together, even though I was drunk back then and even though I only realized half of what was happening. But still, at least I would be able to spend some more time with him. These days, I often space out when I should be working, and my boss already called me out on it, all thanks to him. - No, thanks to my feelings for him.

Today is one of those days, where I can't concentrate at all, no matter how hard I try. Thoughts of Himchan circulate through my head one after the other. I worry if he's even still alive and I try to imagine what he might be doing right now if he is. Okay, probably sleeping, since it's night in Korea, but maybe he's doing something else. Eating a midnight snack, maybe? Or maybe he's on a new mission? Maybe he just hooked up with another woman and is sleeping next her right now? Or even worse - they're not sleeping yet...

As my thoughts are getting more negative I clear my head and just stare at the wall next to my working desk. I wish I knew what he was doing... I sit up again and try to focus on the numbers on my computer screen, when my phone starts ringing. 

"And unknown number?" I stare at the display for a few seconds, trying to guess who it might be. In the end I pick up just in time, with expecting some new client or a person trying to advertise something on the other end. Instead, my ear is met with a familiar, deep and husky voice.

"Y/N, it's me..."

 


Heya! Finally finished it ^^ I hope you all enjoyed the second part! (and the first one) (and the Zelo chapter) (and the future chapters)