Chapter 3

Butterflies in My Stomach

“For once, can we not meet by bumping each other?” I said as I brush off the dust on my skirt.

“I know right? Look, I’m sorry.” Yoongi rubs the back of his neck as he picks up my bag.

“Nah, it wasn’t any of us fault. Don’t worry,” I smiled and thanked him for his kind move. “By the way, where are you going? Just asking.” Yoongi shrugged ignoring the fact he feels like he’s blushing. Why do I feel uneasy in front of her? Was it because of that accidental kiss we had?

“I don’t know, maybe the park where you spilt your drink on me?” I tapped my chin, jokingly being sarcastic.

I noticed his slight expression change, “I was just kidding, don’t take me seriously.” I chuckled. “What do you mean I’m taking you seriously? I didn’t even say anything.” Yoongi scrunched his eyebrows. “Well, your expression does.” I rolled my eyes.

He clears his throat, “Whatever, bye.” Yoongi blushed after hearing my laugh. He finds me somehow cute.  He stomps his way to his destinied place.

I scoffed at him, “Jerk much?”

My phone suddenly rang, I checked the caller ID ‘Haeun Bbyong’. I answered the call, “YOOJUNG~~~~~~~” Haeun screamed.

I had to distance my phone from ear, “I could’ve gone deaf with you screaming. You’re fortunate that I love you. What is it?”

Haeun chuckled, “Hehe, are you free? Wanna meet with my new friend I just made?”

“You made a friend? Cool, I thought you couldn’t because you’re such an introverted . Who is it? Uhm, I would come to meet you but right now I want to be by myself, alone. Like the song, ALL BY MYSELF~”

“Tch, are you talking with a mirror because you’re a loner too and I’m your only friend you thick head. Oh and her name is Han Jiwoo. We’re at a café right now, she’s ordering. Nevermind, you won’t come anyways.”

“Ha! Jokes on you, I already know her. She’s been in our class for a while, you didn’t know? Damn, you’re an introvert and also has zero awareness about your own classmates. Ya, I won’t because gotta feed my brain with books unlike you who is such a lazy . Plus I just had lunch.”

“Damn it, Yoojung. I’d freaking smack you if you were in front of me right now. Fine, fine. I know my place, bruh. You lucky be getting all the boys. Gotta thank me for that. Anyways, you do your stuff, I’ll just hang out with Jiwoo to get a lot comfortable. I’m hanging the phone, bye!”  Haeun ends the call without hearing my reply.

“This b*tch.” I cursed at her for hanging up on me.

Haeun sneezed, “Uh, why did I sneeze? I’m not even cold…”

Jiwoo gave Haeun’s green tea, “Bless you.”

“Thanks,” Haeun said as she takes her drink from Jiwoo.

I went to sit at my favourite spot, the shade under a big maple tree. I took a novel I brought with me, I flip through the novel, reading every words that was written. The novel was so nicely-written and nothing beats a good book. I’m not really a bookworm, I just like to read when I feel like it.

I closed the novel and looked at my wristwatch.

2.00 P.M.

Wow, I sat here that long? Books truly made me time travel. My tummy started making noises, “I know you’re hungry, let’s get some ddeokboki to fill you up tummy!” I packed my stuffs and so my food hunting goes on.

As I was enjoying my ddeokboki, my phone rang. I checked who was it from and it was Seokjin.

Seokjin: Hey, what are you doing?

I grinned at his text, “What is this? We only parted like a few hours ago and he’s already texting me?”

Me: Eating ddeokboki. Why?

Ring! “Wow, he replies fast. Good because I don’t like waiting.”

Seokjin: Damn, I was craving those. Why didn’t you tell me you were going to eat them?

“He likes ddeokbokis? I thought chaebols don’t eat cheap foods?”

Me: I didn’t know you like them. I thought you liked fancy stuffs.

Seokjin: Well I fancy you. ;)

Me: Smooth ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Seokjin: I know ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Me: If you want some ddeokbokis, come to Myeongdong. Try finding me. Street foods are jjang!

Seokjin: I’m already on my way~

Me: Don’t drive and text you silly ㅋㅋㅋ

Seokjin: Eung~ See ya later!

 “Are you texting with your boyfriend, Agassi?” the ahjumma asked with adorable smile.

“Ah, no~ I wasn’t texting with my boyfriend~ I don’t have a boyfriend.” I replied, blushing. “You’re still young, I hope you get a boyfriend later! Have fun while you still can. Are you enjoying the ddeokboki?” Ahjumma said while smiling. “Yes, it’s so delicious! Ahjumma jjang!”

Ahjumma only chuckled.

“Well, that was fast…”

Seokjin greeted the ahjumma and ordered.

I already finished eating so we went for a walk.

We walked with silence plus, I didn’t have anything to talk about. Seokjin is enjoying his food, cute. “Hey, let’s sit there.” I said as I walked to the bench near the water fountain. “Sure,”

“You’re really enjoying that,”

“Yeah, it’s so good. Too bad I won’t share mine since you ate without me.”

“Uh, I didn’t ask to. I’m already full,” I chuckled. How cute.

“Oh, okay then. I was gonna share actually. Since you’ve said that then I won’t.” he continued eating. I only shook my head, amused by his personality.

“You know, Seokjin. I thought you were the type to only eat fancy stuffs, be friends with rich kids and kind of wild? I don’t know but you’re kinda cute haha.”

“Well jokes on you, I’m nothing like that. I do like fancy stuffs but street foods are so yum. I’m quite an eater, you know. Well, I’m known for my beautiful face, I acknowledge that.” Seokjin does that gun stuff on his hin with his fingers.

“High-five, Seokjin. We’re both narcissist.”

Seokjin high-fived me and we both laughed.

“You’re a narcissist? That’s so cool but not really cool if people find out we’re like this.”

“I know right? I just have this weird self-esteem. But oh well, at least I won’t feel so ty about my looks when I see another beautiful girl.”

“Same…”

“It’s nice to have you around,”

“I felt that too, I kinda thought I found another version on me but different gender.” I smiled.

“Hey, it’s late. You should go back home, it’s not nice for a girl to be outside this late.”

“Are you sure it’s late? It’s only like 5 right now…”

“To me, it’s late. Unless you still wanna hang out?”

“Oh yeah, let’s go to the arcades.”

“Arcades? Psh, I have tons of games at my house. Wanna come over?”

“Really? I’m crazy for games! Let’s go!”

And so we went to Seokjin’s luxurious apartment.

“I thought you lived with your parents?” I asked as I walked in his house.

“Well, I thought I wanted to be alone. In my house, I have zero privacy. My mom would always come in my room when I’m asleep or not there and go through my stuffs. So, I decided to live alone and independent! Plus my apartment is near with our university,”

I mouthed an ‘O’, “I see… I’m not living with my parents too. My house is in Ilsan, it’s kinda far from here. I live with my friend right now.”

“I see. Make yourself at home. I’m gonna shower, feel free to ask me if you need anything.”

“Hey Seokjin, can you like let me borrow some comfortable clothes? I kinda feel like showering if you don’t mind.”

“Wait, is this a move so you can have this boyfriend feeling?” he smirked.

“Uh, no? Plus, stop making that face…” I said, feeling shy realizing what I said made him think like that.

“Just kidding, sure. I’ll go get you clothes and a towel. You can use that empty room there.” Seokjin then came with clothes and a towel.

“Thanks!” I went to the room he said and showered. After showering, I put on Seokjin’s clothes. “Damn, his clothes are too big. Oh well, it’s comfortable.” I lied down on the bed and drifted to sleep unknowingly.

“Hey, Yoojung-“  Seokjin barged in the room made me wake up from the little sleep.

“Huh yeah? Was I asleep just now?”

Seokjin chuckled, “You look cute in my hoodie.”

I yawned, “Are you sure you don’t have any smaller clothes? It’s a little too big for me.”

“That’s the smallest one I got. By the way, you still wanna play games? I’ve already the playstation and ordered chicken. If you’re too sleepy then you can just sleep here for the night. It’s late,”

“No, I’m fully awake! Let’s go play!”

We played a game and ate chicken and I somehow fell asleep on the couch

The next morning, I woke up on Seokjin’s lap.

Lol, I kinda love making cliffhangers but I hate cliffhangers too. Anyways, comment your thoughts please! Sorry for the really late update too... (I'm a slow updater, sorry)