What'cha Doin'?

Endless Cycle of Hating & Loving

 

“Lee Jihoon”

 

No answer.

 

“Lee Jihoon!”

 

Silence.

 

“LEE! JI! HOON!”

 

Still no reply.

 

Seungcheol lets out a scoff and sits on his bed, facing Jihoon. His roommate glances at him for a while before turning back to his laptop.

 

Seungcheol grits his teeth in annoyance and pulls Jihoon’s headphones away which, of course, led Jihoon to widen his eyes out of shock, as well as snatch it back from the other’s hand.

 

“What do you want?”

 

Seungcheol hides a grin, having fun in annoying Jihoon. Instead, he covers it with a sad pout.

 

“I was just trying to be a good roommate and ask you if you wanted anything to eat.”

 

Hearing this, Jihoon slightly feels bad.

 

It was my fault for putting the volume on too high, is it not? Ah.. Should I apologize?

 

N- no.. There’s nothing in particular that I want right right now.”

 

“You’re not consuming enough calcium, no wonder you’re stuck in that height.”

 

Screw that thought of apologizing.

 

He glares at Seungcheol instead, making the guy instantly shut up.

 

“What were you doing anyway? You look so.. focused.”

 

Jihoon clears his throat and looks back at his laptop, clearly flustered by the sudden question.

 

“N- nothing.”

 

“Liar.”

 

Seungcheol then proceeds to sit next to Jihoon, slightly pushing the other in as he leans towards the computer. He sees a music application opened and being the inexperienced person he is, he raises an eyebrow.

 

“Were you making another song?”

 

“O- of course! What else would I be doing.”

 

The slightly stuttering guy lets out an uneasy laugh and closes his laptop, putting it down before the guy next to him could comment or rummage into anything else.

 

Seeing this, Seungcheol taps his finger on his chin as if he was thinking. His eyes too, were squinting mischievously at Jihoon.

 

“If you were just making another song like always, why would you be this flustered, hm?”

 

“Shut up, Choi Seungcheol.”

 

He lets out a teasing grin, making guesses in his head.

 
 

“Oh oh, you’re making a song for your lover?”

 

“No, I don’t even have one.”

 

“Mom’s birthday?”

 

“Her birthday passed.”

 

“Dad’s birthday?”

 

“Tomorrow, would be impossible to create a song now.”

 

“Oh. Send my birthday greetings to him.”

 

“Will do.”

 

“Siblings birthday?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Plant!”

 

Jihoon stares at Seungcheol with a questioning look, weirded out at his guess. The latter just shrugs, looking equally as confused.

 

Seungcheol stayed silent for a while, before he finally clasps his hands together, looking at Jihoon with a knowing smile.

 

“It’s a song for your future sweetheart is it not?”

 

This caught Jihoon off guard. He clears his throat, his hands involuntarily fidgeting.

 

“N- no. Why would I make a song for something like that?”

 

“You’re planning to do something like, a song that only your future partner can listen to, am I right?”

 

Another teasing look was sent from the taller to the shorter.

 

“Sh- shut up!”

 

“I wanna help.”

 

Jihoon looks at Seungcheol with confused eyes. Seungcheol looks at him with sincere eyes.

 

“I actually do wanna help. With the lyrics that is.”

 

“What?”

 

“It seemed like a cool thing, and I thought it’d be cool if I could try it out. I mean, if you let me that is. But if you don’t want me to then it’s coo-”

 

“Okay.”

 

“What?”

 

Seungcheol’s the one who looks at Jihoon with confusion this time. Jihoon just shrugs at the guy, not thinking much.

 

He could be much of a help, since he obviously has a wider vocabulary than me.

 

At this, a wide smile grows on Seungcheol’s lips, reaching his eyes too.