FOURTH MEETING

Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Arrghhh,” Jeonghan groaned clutching his racket tightly and waving it around like a crazy person. “I seriously want to punch babies right now,” he cried out of frustration.

 

Across him, Kim Mingyu rolled his eyes.  “Don’t be so over dramatic. One more time.” He signaled Jeonghan and served a tennis ball again. But as expected, he failed for the third time to make it bounce and fly over the net back to him.

 

He squatted down and then lied spread-eagle right at the center of the tennis court. “You don’t understand. Drama is part of my—“

 

“Go rest first.” Kim Mingyu said, quickly cutting him off.

 

Jeonghan scrambled to get up. “Wait! Just let me hit one please…” He clutched his hands in front of his face and tried to look as cute as possible.

 

That day Jeonghan went to the training place with the mission to just see Kim Mingyu again. But then as he tried to actually immerse himself on the lessons to try and impress him, he accidently discovered that tennis is actually *whispers* fun. The eureka moment came when another instructor served him a ball and while dragging himself to participate, he hit it.

 

Starting that time, he thought that trying to hit the tennis ball seemed so similar to applying wings on his eyeliner—so frustrating yet so satisfying when he does it perfectly.

 

Kim Mingyu was actually teaching that day which just makes it 1000 x better. And he was still amazed just how chill and patient he was. Jeonghan was at the level of 5 year-old kids and half of them was even much better than him, but the other did not even once, lose his patience in the tennis aspect.

 

But then again, Jeonghan is naturally extra in real life so he won’t even blame Kim Mingyu when he scoff or roll his eyes when he spit some unnecessary comments unrelated to tennis from time to time.

 

“You’re not the only participant here, “ Mingyu said, completely ignoring him while he waved him away and motioned for a little girl to come for her turn.

 

Jeonghan pouted and then skipped closer to Mingyu’s side while digging for his phone in his pocket.

 

“Okay. I know its weird but please have a selfie with me.” He leaned his torso towards him.

 

“Why?” Kim Mingyu asked him. Jeonghan can see him blinking fast and he made two steps backward hoping to God that Kim Mingyu would not get mad with how he invaded his personal space.

 

“It’s the last day! I want to have a memory of this super fun day.”

 

Kim Mingyu looked at him with inspecting eyes. He actually looked like he was detecting some kind of sarcasm to what he just said.

 

“Ugh. Why can’t you believe me? I’m not lying?!”

 

“Your -eating grin says otherwise.” Kim Mingyu replied. But then he sighed. “Fine. Give me your phone.”

 

He gave a little yay, opening his camera and quickly handing it to the other. He raised his phone and angled it and Jeonghan tried his best to give his best smile. But then, seconds after, Kim Mingyu was still not clicking the capture button. He focused on other’s face on his screen and he can see him squinting his eyes to somewhere, right at the lower left side of his phone.

 

Before he can ask, the other has his phone down now and in front of his face. Jeonghan can see him click somewhere and then saw him swipe on it more than once.

 

Because Kim Mingyu is a lot taller, he tried to tiptoe to find out what the hell is he doing with his phone.

 

“Why do you have a lot of pictures of me?”

 

. . .

 

Before he can even activate his head to mouth filter, he blurted out, “I like you. Duh. Dude, it’s so obvious.”

 

Double .

 

“What.”

 

Jeonghan did not see the other’s expression. And he does not want to, to be honest. He ser

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter