and then spring cooled down into snow

Pillow Talk

 

a/n :

red = past

 

 

 

The weather has grown colder as days go. Eunha is in the middle of searching for a pair of socks when she stumbles upon a dried flower crown. Her mind flashes back months ago. Eunha takes the flower crown out of its box. With a fond smile, she revisits the memory from long ago. At the time where snow has just started to melt into spring.

“Should we get married?”

Sowon had asked her that out of the blue, in the quiet night, where it’s just the two of them.

“Because I want to spend the rest of my days with you,” Sowon reached for Eunha’s hand. “Is it weird? I am sorry. It’s just that—I  look at you, and the thought come to me. ‘I could spend the rest of my life with this awesome person’ have I startled you? Forget it then. I am sorry.”

The sincere confession.

“I am sorry for leaving your room like that. I want to take this gift and the flower crown for you. I forgot where I put them so I took a long time finding it,” Sowon said, “I asked you to marry me, supposedly i give you a ring. But, I don’t prepare anything. What I have is that earring. I am sorry.”

Eunha looked down at the pair of butterfly earing. It is beautiful. Eunha smiled to herself. “Unnie, is the flower crown supposed to be a veil?” Eunha remembered the small cuts on Sowon’s palm. “Are you making it yourself? when—how are you even doing it?”

The promise they exchanged that night.

“I do. I love you.”

And their first kiss. Eunha traces her lips. The taste of Sowon’s lips against hers, the pounds in her ears when their lips were about to meet, and the warmth which spread through her veins when it happened. No fireworks. Just them. A smile is bloomed on her face. Eunha has decided to surprise Sowon.

She walks out of the bedroom, socks are forgotten.

--

“Ow, it’s hot—it’s hot—“ Eunha bites her lips.

The glue gun is hot when she accidentally touches the melted with her fingers. Still, Eunha continues to do what she has planned to do. After a few more burns, Eunha is finally finished. She looks at the thing in her hands, peers at it closer to find any faults. She grins when she finds none. She puts her own version of flower crown on top of the sofa in the living room.

She’s in the middle of washing off her fingers off the glue when she hears Sowon’s voice.

“A flower crown?”

Eunha hastily turns off the water tap. She runs to the living room as fast as she could. Sowon is staring curiously at the flower crown. Her heart is hammering, because Sowon isn’t supposed to find it, yet. It’s supposedly a secret.

“Unnie, you are home?” Eunha asks.

Sowon turns to her with a smile. She watches Sowon puts the flower crown gingerly on the sofa. Her heart is strangely softened at the sight. Two long strides and Sowon is in front of her.

Sowon runs her hand through Eunha’s hair. “Hi, you,” Sowon greets.

Eunha hums. She leans her head on Sowon’s hand, feeling content. “I miss you.”

Sowon pulls her into a hug. “I miss you.”

Eunha sighed onto Sowon. There’s a scent of sun on Sowon, mixed with autumn. After a moment of just basking in each other present, Eunha steers Sowon toward the sofa.

“Unnie, close your eyes,” she commands.

Sowon raises her eyebrows but she does as Eunha’s said. After making sure that Sowon is closing her eyes, Eunha climbs onto the sofa. She takes the flower crown with her. She stands on the sofa. From this height, she could be taller than Sowon. A rare chance.

She puts the flower crowns on top of Sowon’s head gently. She brushes a few of hairs aside to adjust it better. Smirking in satisfaction at how perfect it looks on Sowon. “Unnie, you could open your eyes.”

She watches at how confused Sowon is being for a moment. But, the moment that Sowon has realized what’s on her head, the older girl is smiling from ear to ear. “It is for me?”

Eunha nods. “Do you like it?”

Sowon grins. “Thank you. I love it. But, why?”

“Because unnie, you are like a member of a royalty—like—a queen.” Eunha traces Sowon’s cheek.

Sowon looks up to Eunha.“In that case, aren’t you a queen too? Because I am yours.” Sowon’s placed her arms around Eunha’s waist.

Eunha bends down to take her flower crown. “I have my crown already.” she puts the flower crown from Sowon on top of her own head.

Sowon’s eyes grow softer. “That flower crown—you are keeping it,“ Sowon says in awe.

“Of course, it’s from you.” Eunha states as if it’s the most obvious things. She moves a single strand of hair from Sowon’s face. “It’s from the person whom I love.”

“Eunbi,” Sowon starts to say, just to stop when she catches sight of Eunha’s hand. “Wait, your fingers—“

“Ah, I got burned by the glue gun.”

“I am sorry…”

“Don’t say sorry, unnie. It’s okay.” Eunha pecked Sowon’s cheek. “You got yourself lots of little cuts when you made me this flower crown. And you got yourself bruised a lot, because of me. These things on my fingers are nothing.”

“But—“

“No but,” Eunha says with a tone of finality on it. “Ah, I wouldn’t mind it if you help me to cool down the burns on my fingers.” Eunha adds.

“Well, that could be arranged.” Sowon pecks Eunha’s lips lightly.

Eunha squeals when Sowon scoops her up in her arms. “I might know what I should give to you.” Sowon stares deeply into her eyes. “Anything for my queen,” Sowon whispers in a tone that made a shiver runs down Eunha’s spine.

The evening is going to be pretty long. Eunha loves it though.

--

 

 

 

 

a/n:  。◕‿◕。 

 

a year ago when it was raining when i wrote the first chapter of pillow talk.

a year has passed. and i never thought this fic would be this long.

if you have read it since it's first published until now, thank you <3

if you have just read it, thank you <3

if you still read it even when the updates became a few in between, thank you <3

for reading this fic, thank you <3

for saying that you enjoyed this fic, thank you <3

for liking it, thank you <3

just thank you <3