Dates

Pillow Talk

A/N :

italics = thought

 

 

 

There are a lot of things that SinB finds troublesome. Right now, it’s the unnie who has been rolling on the floor wearing a kicked puppy expression. She tries to avoid that unnie and goes straight to the door. She really doesn’t want to ask. But, it’s difficult to ignore when that unnie is blocking the way and holding SinB’s foot, preventing her to move further.

Sighing, SinB asked, “What is it, Eunha-unnie?”

“Take me out, SinB, I am bored,” Eunha whines.

SinB shrugs. “Wait, don’t you have a date with Sowon-unnie?”

“NOooo… well, we had… but, I got lazy so I said I can’t go… and she goes with Yuju…”

SinB is judging her unnie by not saying anything.

“What with that look? Uh, the bed looked tempting, okay? It seduced me so, I sleep…” Eunha says. Her tone goes lower with every word she said.

“So, in short… you ditched her for lazing around the house?” SinB asks, “Well, serve you right then.”

“Meanie…” Eunha mumbled, “Where are you going? Take me with you too… I am bored…”

 “Alright. Let go of my foot first.”

“No, if I do, you are going to leave without me.”

SinB pinches the bridge of her nose. She loudly exhales. “I can’t take you with me if you don’t let go of my foot, Eunha-unnie.”

Eunha perks up hearing it. “Is that mean you will take along?”

SinB nods. “You are paying for your own food. I am not going to pay for you, okay?”

Eunha happily stands up. “Yay!” she cheers and skips to their room. “You better still be there when I finish changing.”

Busted. SinB sighs. Eunha knows her well.

--

SinB watches Eunha makes a call to Sowon and Yuju. She sips her ice drinks calmly. Though at some part, she kinds of wanting to chuck Eunha’s phone away, because really… that’s one hell of aegyo fueled talk. Is she always talking like this with Sowon-unnie? … even Umji doesn’t talk like this… and she’s the baby?

“Unnie… please, take me out with you too… nooo, what are you saying? Nooo, it isn’t like that… hingg~~ unnie the movie at home is a bit… hiiiing~~ unnie, don’t close the phone….”

Finally it’s ended. The gauge of my aegyo quota has been filled up for a day. SinB exhaled in relief. Any longer and I might actually barf.

“What is it, unnie? Don’t look at me like that… I am not the one closing the phone… and I am not the one who ditched my girlfriend to sleep…”

“She said she wouldn’t take me out again…” Eunha rests her head on top of the table.

“Oh…”

“She said to not disturb her date with Yuna…”

“Okay.”

“She hung up the phone…” Eunha sulks.

“I could see that…”

“So sad….”

“….” SinB decides to not dignify Eunha with any answer. Because, how should she even respond to that?

“But, she looks cool using a hat. It’s not fair. I don’t understand how could she look so good even when she doesn’t really wear anything special?” Eunha blurts out.

“…” again, SinB has no respond to that.

“Even if she only wears a rag, I am sure she’ll still look beautiful… my Sowon-unnie…” Eunha said again.

“… Are you seriously bragging about how beautiful Sowon-unnie right now?” SinB asks, she’s scrunching her nose in distaste.

She receives a wink from Eunha. “Why? Are you jealous, SinB?”

It is supposed to be a relaxing day… but, this unnie… SinB sighs. I should have brought Yerin-unnie or Yewon instead.

--

Eunha is drenched from head to toe. During the trip back home, the rain starts to pour. It isn’t supposed to be of any problem if their umbrella didn’t break when they were about to enter the building. Her mood is kind of like the downpour outside. Messy. And heavy. And overall she’s in a really bad mood.

After she finishes putting her shoes away. Eunha realizes something weird with the house. She blinks her eyes several times. She looks around the house, it’s quiet. Too quiet. Usually when she arrived at the dorm, various voices would greet her. Either the voice from the television or from chattering girls or loud music from the speaker. Yet, right now everything is quiet. So quiet that she could hear the ticking clock. This kind of situation feels eerie, it’s unsettled her feeling.

“Unnie? What are you doing standing still at the door?” she hears SinB asked from the doorframe. She shakes her hair, making her surrounding dripping wet with water. If Eunha isn’t in a foul mood, she would have commented about how similar SinB is being with a wet cat. Instead, she settled with a simple answer. “It’s quiet…”

“Hm.” SinB has finished putting her shoes away. She looks around the house as well. “Ah, you are right. I wonder where everyone is?”

Eunha shrugs her shoulder. “But, shouldn’t Sowon-unnie and Yuju movie trip ended already? I thought they’ll be here now.”

SInB snorted. “Movie trip you say? More like movie date.”

“Yah!” Eunha pinches SinB’s arm.

“What? It’s true. They said it themselves. You said it yourself.”

Eunha slaps SinB’s shoulder as the answer.

“Ack, seriously so violent!” SinB rubs her reddened arm and stinging shoulder. “How are you and Sowon-unnie so violent anyway?! Like match made in heav—ah, no. Not heaven but hell.”

“Brat!” Eunha hits both of SinB’s arms.

SInB catches Eunha’s hands before they could land another assault to her. “Unnie, calm down! I am just joking. Ah, sheesh… if you are that bothered, you should have gone with Sowon-unnie instead of ditching her and lazing around the house.” SinB sighs. “You looked really antsy today during our supposed ‘date’.”

Eunha stops hitting SinB. She looks at the ground. “Shut it.”

“Feeling guilty, aren’t ya?” SinB asks again.

“I said, shut it, Hwang Eunbi.”

“Suit yourself.” SinB pulls Eunha. “Come on, unnie. I am hungry. Let’s eat ice cream.”

“We just ate. And we should dry ourselves first.”

“So?” SinB shrugged nonchalantly.  “You don’t want to eat the ice cream? Okay, noted. More portion for me then.”

SinB receives another slap on her back. She turns her head to Eunha sharply. “Unnie!”

Eunha sticks her tongue out at SinB.

“Who is the maknae again? I thought it’s supposed to be me not you, Eunha-unnie…?!” SinB throws her hands up.

Eunha pouted.

“Unnie, your aegyo wouldn’t work for me, okay? I am not Sowon-unnie…” SinB sighs.

--

“Oh, look… your girlfriend is actually sleeping here… with… Yerin-unnie?” SinB says. She points at the huge pillow fort in the middle of the living room.

Eunha squint her eyes to take a better look at the occupants inside the pillow fort. Red and yellow hair could be seen peeking from there. Something stirred inside her. Before she could stomp to the said pillow fort, SinB pulls her aside. “Unnie, wait. Why don’t we dry ourselves first? You are dripping wet. It would be bad if you enter and splash them with water, no?”

Eunha’s frowning but she lets herself to be dragged by SinB to the bathroom.

--

Once she’s finish taking a bath, without further ado, Eunha approaches the pillow fort. She drops to her knees and starts to crawl inside. She stops her movement once she’s already inside. She takes a moment to look at Sowon. And Yerin. Sowon has an earphone dangling out of her ear, the other part of the earphone is being used by Yerin. They’re sharing an earphone. Yerin is sleeping while facing Sowon who sleeps on her back. Yerin’s fingers are touching Sowon’s fingers. Eunha is clenching her fist until it her knuckles turn white. It’s bothering her for some reason.

So, she’s unclenching her fist and carefully removes the earphone out of Sowon’s ear. She takes Sowon’s hand away from Yerin and holds it with her own. Sowon’s shifting in her sleep, but she isn’t awake yet. Now that Sowon is finally facing her direction, Eunha takes a moment to take another look at her sleeping girlfriend. Eunha smiles to herself. Because, no matter how often she sees Sowon when she’s sleeping, Sowon is always looking so adorable. The little twitches of her eyebrows, the soft snores, the little double chin, and the little twitch at the corner of Sowon’s mouth, as if she’s smiling in her dreams.

Eunha’s small smiles grow into a wide smile. She parts Sowon’s hair aside, leans down, and plants a kiss at Sowon’s temple. Sowon’s eyes flutters open. “Eunha?”

“Yes, unnie?”

Sowon rolls her head so that she’s on Eunha’s lap. “Eunha, you traitor… you said you want to sleep but I couldn’t find you anywhere when I arrived home with Yuna…” she mumbled against Eunha’s stomach.

“Eh... no… not like that. I am only going out with SinB. It’s boring at home, unnie.” Eunha runs her finger through Sowon’s hair.

“Still a traitor….”

“Unnniiieeee, don’t be angry…?” Eunha says. “I am sorry… sorry…”

Sowon suddenly sits up from Eunha’s lap. “Wait, why are you here? You aren’t invited inside the pillow fort. Hush, go back outside!” Sowon says. She pushes Eunha outside.

“Unniieeeeee, w—w—wait—don’t push me—“ Eunha tries her best to stay inside the pillow fort.

They starts to push and pull which resulted in the pillow fort collapse with them buried under it. Though, Sowon still manages to place her hand under Eunha’s head so that Eunha’s head doesn’t hit the floor directly. She uses her other hand to hold her weight so that she doesn’t fully fall onto Eunha. Their gazes are locked into each other.

Eunha reaches for Sowon’s face. “Unnie… I am sorry. You could punish me, I’ll accept it. Just don’t be angry anymore?”

Sowon leans down, she whispers into Eunha’s ear. “You are definitely going to be punished, my whimsical Eunbi.”

A shiver runs down Eunha’s spine. Her ears are red, she’s sure of it. She gulps. With difficulty, she nods at Sowon who has been leaning back and watching her. A smile forms on Sowon’s lips. And Eunha’s world is right again. She pecks Sowon’s lips lightly due to her happiness. Well, who is she kidding, she has been wanting to do that since before.

“Argh, you two… both of you, get out off here! I am trying to sleep!” Yerin’s grumbling could be heard soon after.

Hearing it making Sowon and Eunha burst out laughing.

--

SinB knows things are going to be like this the moment she noticed that look on Eunha’s face. She sighs and walks toward the almost collapse pillow fort. Grumbling all the way, she crawls through the entrance from Yerin’s side. Going to collapse soon. She’s readying both of her hands on top of Yerin, in case the fort is really going to collapse.

And, it is indeed collapsing. Good things, SinB has prepared for it so that Yerin wouldn’t be buried as well under the pillows and sheets. She only raises her eyebrows when she sees Yerin’s startled expression after the fort is collapsing. She mouths “the idiot couple.” to Yerin. Soon a sigh of understanding come out of Yerin’s lips, followed by her grumbles.

“Argh, you two… both of you, get out off here! I am trying to sleep!” Yerin grumbles. After a moment, Yerin rolls toward SinB to put her head on SinB’s lap. “I miss you,” Yerin’s sighs.

SinB couldn’t fight a smile which has been starting to form on her lips.

“Say that you miss me, too,” Yerin whines.

“I miss you too, Yerin-unnie,” SinB says simply, sincerely. Because, she does feel it. And, apparently it’s a right thing to do because Yerin is giving her a thousand megawatt smiles. It warms SinB’s heart. So, she grins at Yerin.

--

“Unnie, you are here. Welcome home, Sowon-unnie!” Umji greets her with a bear hug.

“No hugs for me?” Yuju asks from behind Sowon.

“Yuju-unnie!” Umji runs to Yuju and gives her a hug as well.

 Sowon chuckles. She looks around the house but doesn’t find what she’s wanted to see. “That girl…”

She does find Yerin watching the television though. So, she sits beside her. “Hey.”

Yerin smiles. “Unnie, don’t worry, Eunha is going with SinB. She’ll arrive home safe and sound.”

Sowon laughs. Because, it’s just like Yerin to know what she’s been thinking about even without her saying anything.

--

“Unnie, I am hungry. What should we eat for dinner?” Umji asks.

Sowon starts to stand up from her position. “Wait here, I’ll go and buy something for us from the restaurant around here—“

Umji pulls her down before Sowon manages to stand up properly. “No, you stay here, unnie.”

“Huh?”

“Unnie just got home not long ago. You should rest. I will buy the dinner for this time,” Umji says.

“Eh? But, unnie is okay though?” Sowon tries to talk Umji out of it. “It’s going to be dark soon. It’s dangerous outside. I can’t just let you go alone, Yewon.”

Umji stubbornly shakes her head. “I am an adult right now. I could take care of myself well, unnie.”

“You are still my baby though,” Sowon says.

“Unnie, I’ll go with Yewon then,” Yuju says.

“Huh? But, you arrived here at the same time as me,” Sowon says.

Yerin puts her hand on Sowon’s arm. “Yuna, are you tired?”

Yuju shakes her head strongly.

“Yewon, Yuna is going to accompany you, okay?” Yerin asks, “We know you are an adult, but you and SinB are going to be a baby in our eyes. We can’t help but worry about you.”

Umji nodded. “It’s okay, I know.”

“Unnie, let them go already. It’s going to be okay,” Yerin assures Sowon.

“Alright. Be back here at seven.” Sowon looks at the window. “Oh, and bring an umbrella, it’s going to rain. And be careful. And don’t let go of each other hands. If anything happens, call us immediately. And—“

Yerin laughs. “Unnie, they already got it.”

Sowon sheepishly smile.

--

It is raining heavily, it’s actually a thunder concert. Sowon hears a soft whimper from beside her. Yerin is covering her ears and her expression isn’t good. Sowon worriedly sits in front of Yerin. “Hey, are you okay?”

Yerin nods and smiles at Sowon. Then a flash of light followed by a loud rumbling by the sky happened. Yerin’s smile froze halfway between a smile and cringe. Sowon noticed the way Yerin’s body is shivering in fear. She looks around the living room to divert Yerin’s attention from the thundering sky.

A view of pillows from their rooms get her an idea. Wordlessly, Sowon stands up and starts to collect every pillows, dolls, mostly from Yerin’s bed, sheets, and some cushions. Yerin is now kneeling on the floor, still covering her ears. With Yerin as the center, Sowon starts to build the pillow fort surrounding them.

--

Once she’s finishes her work, Sowon kneels in front of Yerin. Gently, she pries Yerin’s hands away from her ears. “Ssh, it’s going to be alright. Unnie is here with you.”

Yerin looks around her. “Unnie… you are building a pillow fort… Why?”

“It isn’t soundproof so we could still hear the thunder, that’s why, wear it,” Sowon offers one pair of earphone to Yerin. “It will help us to conceal the thunders.”

“Unnie…”

“Look, your Jibangs are here as well… so, don’t be afraid. All of us are here with you.” Sowon pats Yerin’s head. “Let’s stay here until the thunder stops, okay?”

Yerin smiles, gratefulness are seeping throughout her body. Along with her gratefulness, another feeling is welling up inside her. It’s overflowing and with it, comes tears.

Sowon wipes the tears away. “There… there… you are going to be alright here.” She keeps on doing it until Yerin stops crying.

What should I do, if this is going to well up like this, someday… someday this feeling is going to burst out of my chest… Sowon-unnie… what should I do?

--

 

A/N : dundundun~

because eunha always call when sowon is doing her v app. and because she sounds so cute during the phone call. and also because sowon looked really good wearing a hat (´ ᴗ`✿) 

i hope you will enjoy this one too~

thank you for reading and commenting! (◡‿◡✿)